Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I agree I don't think we'd be in the situation if we even just had 2 of the 3 crocked defenders. It frees up Otoo and Hamilton to improve the midfield alone. That's without having Matty Todd in there.

But...we signed two young inexperienced defenders instead, one of which now I'm guessing is also injured BTW, which is resulting in both those midfielders still filling in at CB.

Oh and we have proven non regular goal scorers isolated up front, when they are fit!

Shambles!!

Edited by Heaton

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

A wild take. Not a good look? Sitting with a mate at the football? 

Personally I don't like the way it looks. To me it makes the club look like it's getting the p**s taken. Over exaggerating? Maybe. Do we have bigger things to worry about? Absolutely.

These two aren't just mates watching a random game together. One is openly training with us and the other is our next opponents manager.

The very fact that there is an ongoing conversation about Joe Cardle potentially being signed up to play is the most concerning bit (not a slight on JC) and tells you everything about our recruitment and overall situation currently.

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Are people genuinely taking the Cardle signing seriously?

I think @tdtis hurting because he is sitting with a rival manager. I think he believes we should sign him and maybe thinks he’s the answer to our problems. Why else would he be reading so much into this? 

2 minutes ago, tdt said:

Personally I don't like the way it looks. To me it makes the club look like it's getting the p**s taken. Over exaggerating? Maybe. Do we have bigger things to worry about? Absolutely.

These two aren't just mates watching a random game together. One is openly training with us and the other is our next opponents manager.

The very fact that there is an ongoing conversation about Joe Cardle potentially being signed up to play is the most concerning bit (not a slight on JC) and tells you everything about our recruitment and overall situation currently.

I think you are alone in this. Two apparent pals sitting separately at the football would be bigger news IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I think @tdtis hurting because he is sitting with a rival manager. I think he believes we should sign him and maybe thinks he’s the answer to our problems. Why else would he be reading so much into this? 

I'm genuinely not. I'm hurting because I see my team playing tier 3 football again next season if we don't sort ourselves out.

I don't for one second believe Cardle is the answer to our problems. Maybe I am reading too much into it but it is one more thing to aim negatively at the club when we actually need to pull together.

7 minutes ago, tdt said:

I'm genuinely not. I'm hurting because I see my team playing tier 3 football again next season if we don't sort ourselves out.

I don't for one second believe Cardle is the answer to our problems. Maybe I am reading too much into it but it is one more thing to aim negatively at the club when we actually need to pull together.

Negativity from whom? You’re the only Pars fan on here that I’ve seen putting a negative spin on this. Opposition fans will put a negative spin on some bog roll in the urinal and none are mentioning this. I don’t think any opposition fans would consider trying to make something out of this either, they’d know it’s absolutely meaningless 

Edited by Wacky

9 hours ago, tdt said:

How many full time professional outfits have a guy training full time with them during the week yet seemingly completely uninvolved on match day when they are desperately needing experience?

I get your point about experienced players required, but IMO we need to stop opponents scoring against us, that’s not a role Joe could fill for us. 

20 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Negativity from whom? You’re the only Pars fan on here that I’ve seen putting a negative spin on this. Opposition fans will put a negative spin on some bog roll in the urinal and none are mentioning this. I don’t think any opposition fans would consider trying to make something out of this either, they’d know it’s absolutely meaningless 

Word. I'm one of those opposition fans who thinks this is dramatic nonsense.

Besides, signing more former Raith players isn't the answer to your woes.

Dick would have been the man should McPake go, but that's obviously not going to happen. No idea who the club goes for if McPake is sacked. Probably end up being Meggle the way things are going. 

30 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Dick would have been the man should McPake go, but that's obviously not going to happen. No idea who the club goes for if McPake is sacked. Probably end up being Meggle the way things are going. 

Guid result for dick against the top of their league opponents yesterday. 

49 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

For how attractive a proposition we'd be I'd probably go for somebody like Gary Naysmith. I can see Mcpake walking after what I heard last night.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What the final run of results that got Stephen Kenny punted? Pretty sure it included a 0-5, a 3-0 and a 0-4.

So we have a 0-4 drubbing to come then 😥

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Ian Murray would be the perfect guy to come in to EEP just now. He never plays defenders anyway so your defensive injury crisis wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe we could just get you to go  to EEP instead and bring your own brand of optimism and support and we will keep Murray where he is 😜