Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

When Kane signed there was an immediate uplift in our all round performances, he was the focus for our attacking play. He's not in the team solely to put the ball in the net. He gets us further up the pitch quicker.

Absolutely. The 1-3 away win at Firhill on the Friday night he was immense for that.

10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

When Kane signed there was an immediate uplift in our all round performances, he was the focus for our attacking play. He's not in the team solely to put the ball in the net. He gets us further up the pitch quicker.

That's certainly true (in part) but we seem to be trying to build things through Wotherspoon finding pockets of space on the half turn and then getting forward from there and that is still a work in progress. Even if Kane starts on Saturday, I'd be amazed if our build up play is any faster.

f**k it. Anyone want my season ticket? Main stand (I know it's great how I moved up from the cage when a youth, ala Ross McArthur). Padded seat near the halfway line and in front of the pillars.

Yours for £250.

Edited by Heaton

Posted (edited)

Accies X post about Todorov suggests we were in for him.

Could be a piss take but it wouldn't exactly shock us to have taken yet another L on the signings front.

Edited by Parscelona

36 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

Accies X post about Todorov suggests we were in for him.

Could be a piss take but it wouldn't exactly shock us to have taken yet another L on the signings front.

Does it? What am I missing?

I very much doubt either us or Raith would have been in for him. Think there's some beef between him and Raith. I guess it's cos he's an ex player of both clubs. But that just means the clip doesn't make any sense, why would we be 'bidding' on him just because he played for us previoussly. 

Edit - talking pish he's never played for Raith. Makes even less sense. 

Edited by par-adise

5 minutes ago, par-adise said:

I very much doubt either us or Raith would have been in for him. Think there's some beef between him and Raith. I guess it's cos he's an ex player of both clubs. But that just means the clip doesn't make any sense, why would we be 'bidding' on him just because he played for us previoussly. 

Edit - talking pish he's never played for Raith. Makes even less sense. 

It makes no sense at all. 

Todorov took us to Rovers to court over Iain Davidson over "discriminatory language" and John McGlynn and the club backed Davidson.

The context of the clip in Still Game is that Jack is unhappy at Victor for paying over the odds for an old banger of a car. 

Naturally, we've not held back in our response to it being nonsense:

If either of our clubs had been linked to Todorov the Courier would've been all over. It's just Accies trying to generate some likes on the socials and dragging two other unrelated established Championship clubs into it to get their fans hyped up that they're beating them to signings.

McPake can f**k so far off with his havering shite about the rules of the cup not allowing trialists.

Absolute fucking garbage. The rules are well known and have been in place for years. It's not like we had loads of trialists anyway, so we weren't even really taking advantage of that in the friendlies!

We've known for about 10 months Little was leaving and that we'd only have one keeper. To have not identified at least a few targets and got at least one in is unacceptable. It's embarrassing, amateur pish.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This is like kicking us when we're down.

Shame on you.

I mean, Hamilton Academical were comparing you to Manky fucking Franky from Still Game earlier today. :(

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I mean, Hamilton Academical were comparing you to Manky fucking Franky from Still Game earlier today. :(

Oh don't worry, they're on the list.

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

We've only gone and signed a keeper 

One of my Celtic supporting neeburs told me he’s a young laddie that’s let in an average of two goals per game apparently? I don’t know if he is at the wind up or not? He is apparently only on a very short term loan? 

19 minutes ago, Wacky said:

One of my Celtic supporting neeburs told me he’s a young laddie that’s let in an average of two goals per game apparently? I don’t know if he is at the wind up or not? He is apparently only on a very short term loan? 

Improvement on Mehmet then.

Seems like a stop gap number 2 keeper until we take another month to find our back up goalkeeper. Unreal how slow we are at bringing players in.

McPake is clearly playing about with a stupidly low budget for his first team. The board are total tight arses when it comes to the first team but leaking money everywhere on the stuff that's secondary to most fans.