Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Because you said that the group were demanding Membership fees. It was just confirming that that is a crock of shite

Never used the word demand, careful now.

yer laddie on dot net seemed pretty official, issue was raised, was cleared up.

take yer drum and pipe down, there's a good lad

Anyone actually seen Wallace or Falkingham play? All very good going off of stats, but the reality is stats don't prove anything.

Falkingham played against us twice at the start of our promotion season. Also saw him in the televised cup game against Rangers. What I saw of him I liked.

As for Wallace, no idea. We'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone actually seen Wallace or Falkingham play? All very good going off of stats, but the reality is stats don't prove anything.

I may be corrected here, but I'm sure you guys saw Wallace when he briefly played for us three years back. Played out wide in one of your three (league) derby victories that year and looked fucking awful. Real bambi in the headlights stuff.

Obivously that was a while back and he may have improved but I thought it worth pointing out that he shouldn't be complete mystery to Pars fans.

Edited by renton

Wallace played at left mid and looked pretty good going forward in honesty, very quick and direct and I said at the time he had potential.

What did not help him though was that he had Willie Gibson playing on his side who was playing one of his five good games in a season, and Wallace should have been doubling out on him to help out the rather shell-shocked looking Ellis.

Wallace played at left mid and looked pretty good going forward in honesty, very quick and direct and I said at the time he had potential.

What did not help him though was that he had Willie Gibson playing on his side who was playing one of his five good games in a season, and Wallace should have been doubling out on him to help out the rather shell-shocked looking Ellis.

Laurie Ellis at left back: there's a thought to purge yourself with. He never had much luck out in that position. Even Ryan Borris was fucking him over that year.

One thing I did think was that Wallace at the time had a habit of vanishing out of games. A very nice strike against Thistle the week before but didn't do much else that game. Then the Pars game where he looked isolated and bullied a lot of the time.

Again, though time and experience plus playing through the middle may work for him but scoring a shed load at second division level does not a good player make. Hell, even Paul Mcmanus managed that for us one year......

Did anyone here make the league cup game in Methil earlier in the season? Wallace played the whole 120 minutes.

He stayed on the pitch for half an hour after everyone else went home ? unsure.gif

Ball playing midfielder, very short (5 foot 5/6 I think) but got a lot of fight in him. He likes time on the ball but if you are bypassing midfield he will obviously be very ineffective. He will also rile the other 9 teams in the league by diving into tackles sometimes and going down like a sack of spuds when he is touched lightly.

From the official site

This week he has spoken to the in contract players and out of contract Mark Kerr. Two players - Jordan McMillan and Andy Dowie - were still on holiday. Andy is out of contract but the Manager has indicated that he would like to keep him at East End Park so they will meet up next week.

"Mark Kerr is another that I'd like to keep, he is prepared to listen but he needs to wait and see what his options are. I am not really in a position to make him an offer until we see what is accepted elsewhere. Other players out of contract that I want to keep."

Gary Mason and Liam Buchanan are two such players but they are awaiting the boss' offer. Pat Clarke appears to have accepted an offer from Raith Rovers while not all the under contract players remain high in the Manager's plans and he has warned them that they might not get regular games:-

Two players who are certainly in Jim Jefferies' plans are two 21 year olds who played last season in Division Two. East Fife's Ryan Wallace and Arbroath's Josh Falkingham - both 21 year old - have agreed terms but due to their age can't officially sign until compensation is agreed with their clubs. Compensation has to be paid because the players are under the age of 23.

Ball playing midfielder, very short (5 foot 5/6 I think) but got a lot of fight in him. He likes time on the ball but if you are bypassing midfield he will obviously be very ineffective. He will also rile the other 9 teams in the league by diving into tackles sometimes and going down like a sack of spuds when he is touched lightly.

Always good to see a ball player signed. Thanks pal.

Jefferies, effectively, is only here for 1 season. Pretty sure he said he wants to retire soon, i.e. the end of the 2012/13 season, so I can't see us playing shitey lump the ball tactics and hoping that will get us promoted. Once he goes, if we don't automatically go back up, which will probably not happen, then I'd like to see us go in for Hartley or Cameron and hopefully establish us in the first divison, get us into the SPL, and keep us there for good.