Walking Down The Halbeath Road

For the first time since the Skerla :wub: era, I feel we have a good defence. We have strength, pace and players who can read the game well. They're not shy of a challenge either (see Jordan's tackle on Higgins or Dowie goring Alston :D).

For the first time since the Skerla :wub: era, I feel we have a good defence. We have strength, pace and players who can read the game well. They're not shy of a challenge either (see Jordan's tackle on Higgins or Dowie goring Alston :D).

Dowie is a weak link when playing a high line, that's our only weakness.

Put Jordan on the faster striker and we'll be fine.

For any Pars fans who are outwith the UK, ParsTV are hoping to stream Dunfermline's game vs Morton live on Saturday October the 20th at 3pm. They are needing a minimum of 50 people to sign up, and pay the £5 ticket fee, Anyone interested is asked to contact GroovyDave who is running the idea. The contact details will be found here: http://dafc.info/for...09701&t=1209701 on this thread.

Edited by dafcburty

Morris would be 10X the player he is if he learned when it is acceptable to go on a run. I'm not just using the Raith game as an example, he's made the wrong choice to do this a few times, and it could cost us at some point.

Otherwise, he's a very good centre half, I'm happy with him signing an extension to his contract.

His goal against Hearts when we came back to win 3-1 has to be one of the finest Pars goals of all time.

Stephen 'Steve' Jordan in The Sun. Confirms the Pars are "a good bunch of lads". Incisive stuff.

http://www.thescotti...rd-madness.html

After scoring a hat-trick against us recently, in a bounce game for the Nike Academy, ex-Rotherham youth striker, Tom Foltyn-Brown has joined us on trial this week.

Do we really need another striker? Maybe another one for the future, who'll begin life in the U20's and try progress up to first-team level? He's 6"3 tall so could well be the "target man" we've been looking for, since Kevin Kyle decided to join Rangers.

Never mind all that stuff! True or false? 40 years ago (today) after a match against Brechin City an old man was walking past EEP as the final whistle sounded. He swears that he heard booing from a section of the home support. Being a lapsed Pars supporter who no longer attended the games he feared the worst. As the crowd began to dissipate he approached a slightly disgruntled Pars fan.

'What was the score son?' asked the old man

'Dunfermline won 8-0' replied the fan.

Ask Jim Leishman. I think he was playing.

Apparently the first half was a dazzling display of attacking football from the Pars. Half-time scoreline 6-0. The second half simple fizzled out hence the reason for the discontent.(Allegedly)

Yes, Dunfermline did indeed beat Brechin 8-0 on that day in 1972, having led 6-0 at half time. I was there, but I don't recall (although the programme is somewhere) whether Jim Leishman was playing.

Never having seen the Pars rattle up a score like that before, I got greedy and wasn't chuffed there wee only 2 goals in the second half. So the tale below may well not be aporcryphal... :-)

Never mind all that stuff! True or false? 40 years ago (today) after a match against Brechin City an old man was walking past EEP as the final whistle sounded. He swears that he heard booing from a section of the home support. Being a lapsed Pars supporter who no longer attended the games he feared the worst. As the crowd began to dissipate he approached a slightly disgruntled Pars fan.

'What was the score son?' asked the old man

'Dunfermline won 8-0' replied the fan.

Ask Jim Leishman. I think he was playing.

Apparently the first half was a dazzling display of attacking football from the Pars. Half-time scoreline 6-0. The second half simple fizzled out hence the reason for the discontent.(Allegedly)