Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Wow VickingTON, talk about obsessed. You'd have an entire fucking essay by joining together your posts.

You know in fairness it's actually been a reasonably interesting discussion. I'd also suggest that with this being a forum for all Scottish sides you're going to have to get used to fans of other clubs having their say.

You know in fairness it's actually been a reasonably interesting discussion. I'd also suggest that with this being a forum for all Scottish sides you're going to have to get used to fans of other clubs having their say.

There's a fine line between reasonably interesting discussion and a VT essay on the crushingly dull, tediously well-trodden subject of 'I told you so'.

There's a fine line between reasonably interesting discussion and a VT essay on the crushingly dull, tediously well-trodden subject of 'I told you so'.

I have a small scoop that I use to place my dog's droppings in the nearest drain.

I hope this helps.

Everyone ready for the wake tomorrow?

Thinking of wearing my black suit & hat tomorrow.

If enough rovers fans follow my lead it'll look like a stand full of blues brothers.

Edited due to a condition commonly known as the Lagavulin effect

Edited by RoversMad

Everyone ready for the wake tomorrow?

Thinking of wearing my black suit & hat tomorrow.

If enough rovers fan my lead it'll look like a stand full of blues brothers.

Or funeral directors. Speaking of which Crosbie Matthews are the ball sponsors.

Pars can't finish for good at Starks park tomorrow, no dignity in that.

Every Pars fan has to be there at the next home game and make it clear the club has fans who care.

Businessmen ruining clubs at a rate of 1 a year at the moment, is Romanov next?

These businessmen actually think they know better than even the stupidest of fans (Rangers come to mind) when it comes to running the game. They haven't got a fucking clue.

You wonder how they got on actually working for a living before they took a hobby fronting a football club.

Best of luck Pars.

How do you earn a small fortune in Scottish Football?

Start with a large fortune.

Dont feed the ego I usually say but...

Would be chuffed with this development.

As stated countless time before, over several years, I have absolutely no sympathy for those involved, nor the club which cheated Scottish football for 15 years. If the club goes under then the fans should be active in forming a new club in the area, but there ought to be no prospect of it being immediately elected into the SFL. Work your way up through the non-league system, and there could well be a pyramid system in place by the end of that task.

That's rich! Strikes me that Morton have in the past (and still do) struggled financially from time to time despite having a literal sugar daddy.

How short his memory is, but a short spell more of Hugh Scotts mismanagement and Greenock Morton would have dead and buried.

Other than the Old Firm I wouldn't wish this scenario on anyone, but if the dark days ever are to return to Cappielow and the worst comes to the worst I hope someone has a link to some of the pish uttered by the above and mails it straight back to him.

It smacks loudly of we got away with it but f**k anyone else that it happens to.

Sorry to be a boring hoor and drag this back on topic but how does this grab you...?

I've seen on other online fleapits a few derogatory comments aimed in the direction of the guys who walked away from 'saving' DAFC. Apparently Masterton had questioned their ability to raise £250k. These are guys who between them put what was thought to be about £400K into the club but according to the tweet below from the Supporters Direct fella the figure is over double that. This is not going back decades - these are guys who invested in the last few years.

'Paul Goodwin ‏@PaulGoodwin3
These guy put I'm 1m over the past few years DAFC know they have the dosh'

Sorry to be a boring hoor and drag this back on topic but how does this grab you...?

I've seen on other online fleapits a few derogatory comments aimed in the direction of the guys who walked away from 'saving' DAFC. Apparently Masterton had questioned their ability to raise £250k. These are guys who between them put what was thought to be about £400K into the club but according to the tweet below from the Supporters Direct fella the figure is over double that. This is not going back decades - these are guys who invested in the last few years.

'Paul Goodwin ‏@PaulGoodwin3

These guy put I'm 1m over the past few years DAFC know they have the dosh'

Or had the dosh and not going to see it again.

Or had the dosh and not going to see it again.

You're probably right! Gav knows he has cleared them out. 'How can he have a spare £100K, I took him for all he was worth last year to pay for school fees'. Allegedly.

Despite being a Rovers fan I do not want the Pars to go bust.

The mismanagement of Scottish football is staggering.

Celtic, hours away fron goung bust, Rangers, Motherwell, Hearts, Airdrie, Gretna, Dundee, Livi et al.

This is due to incompetent stewardship of clubs/business.

At the same ti e as blowing large sums of money on wages the Scottish National team has plumbed the depths of failure, non qualification and sinking FIFA rankings.

These are also the people who again are telling us that reconstruction will be the solution.

No wonder attendances are on a downward spiral.

Where are the football authorities ( SFA, UEFA) in all this.

If this was any other industry there would be a public enquiry, people disbarred from being directors and prosecutions.

Football was and is part of the fabric of communties and culture in Scotland.

Rant over.

Ok, so I regularly read P&B and acknowledge that I rarely post, but after the last few months/weeks and especially today's events, just wanted to say how much I appreciate the empathy from supporters of other clubs. I would not wish this sickeningly sad and confused feeling on any other football supporters (well maybe Zenit St.Petersburg). Will keep praying for a last-minute resolution or that I win the lottery this weekend to bail out my beloved Pars.

Despite being a Rovers fan I do not want the Pars to go bust.The mismanagement of Scottish football is staggering.Celtic, hours away fron goung bust, Rangers, Motherwell, Hearts, Airdrie, Gretna, Dundee, Livi et al.This is due to incompetent stewardship of clubs/business.At the same ti e as blowing large sums of money on wages the Scottish National team has plumbed the depths of failure, non qualification and sinking FIFA rankings.These are also the people who again are telling us that reconstruction will be the solution.No wonder attendances are on a downward spiral.Where are the football authorities ( SFA, UEFA) in all this.If this was any other industry there would be a public enquiry, people disbarred from being directors and prosecutions.Football was and is part of the fabric of communties and culture in Scotland.Rant over.

Some good stuff in there.

The SPL are telling us that I'd they expand the leagues it won't work.

And what, the system we have the now is a huge fucking success?????

The fear in the SFA, SFL and SPL to do anything revolutionary is criminal.

We keep bumbling along with no decent plan in place as to where we are going with this.

How many clubs needs to go tits up before things change in this country?

Its not that straightforward at all. Just as it would have been crazy not to admit the club with the biggest or second biggest support in Scotland to the Scottish leagues, likewise the same applies to Dunfermline. There's an economic issue here that affects every club and Dunfermline, as a member of the Scottish leagues is far more attractive than almost any of the recent admissions to the league, Sevco excepted and certainly they are more attractive than almost any other candidates such as Spartans.

From a purely mercenary point of view, who will bring more to Cappielow when they visit?

Yet Airdrieonians were a big club by SFL standards when they folded, but they were turned-down... and their replacements, pre-Mileson Gretna FC, were much smaller. Of course, they were able to bodysnatch Clydebank, which infact got them into SFL2 not SFL3, but that was subsequent. It's a fact that in 2002 the SFL clubs consciously decided not to elect a revived Airdrie, which is contrary to your theory.

Admittedly Dunfermline are bigger than Airdrieonians were - but not vastly. And Airdrie United were much bigger than Gretna.

What's the key here is Rangers. Had Rangers never gone bust then Dunfermline would probably still be going bust... but I suspect there'd be a much reduced prospect of Dunfermline succeeding where Airdrieonians failed, had they not the 'precedent' of Rangers from last summer. NewCos would mean nothing to any of us, and folding yet coming straight back would be quite unlikely.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Dont feed the ego I usually say but...

That's rich! Strikes me that Morton have in the past (and still do) struggled financially from time to time despite having a literal sugar daddy.

How short his memory is, but a short spell more of Hugh Scotts mismanagement and Greenock Morton would have dead and buried.

Other than the Old Firm I wouldn't wish this scenario on anyone, but if the dark days ever are to return to Cappielow and the worst comes to the worst I hope someone has a link to some of the pish uttered by the above and mails it straight back to him.

It smacks loudly of we got away with it but f**k anyone else that it happens to.

Just to make things clear. Our owner isn't a father made entirely of sugar.

I think the TPC need to clarify a few things, why did they change there mind on an apparently agreed deal? Did the club actually have a erscow( I have no idea how to spell that properly) account set up or was it "I just need your sort code and bank account details" type of thing ? Without clarification it seems they've played the last few days badly.

Just to clarify I support there vision for running the club 100% even if I disagree with how they'll run the stadium , also they are not the reason we're in the shit, and have no responsibility to get us out of it .