Walking Down The Halbeath Road

A wee bit of terrace sounds ideal. I imagine it would just be letting fans stand behind the goals closest to the car park.

If you know Bayview, you'll know that the "dugouts" were opposite the stand. Well, the dugouts have moved to in front of the stand and the terracing will be facing the stand, where the dugouts use to be. How fans will get round to the terracing, I don't know. I'm not sure if they'll allow fans to walk behind the goals between terracing and stand during the game as you could get any loony running on the park etc. Could it be a case of East Fife getting the stand and us getting the terrace (or vice versa, obviously), or do you think the crowd won't be segregated?

If we make the East Stirling game - never mind the East Fife match - I'll be happy! :)

P.S Welcome to the Club James! Hope to see you in action vs Dundee United tomorrow night! If he's as good as our last CB signing from England (Callum Morris) then I'll be more than delighted! :D

True, but Jefferies is being very shrewd thus far in my opinion bringing in loan signings and kids (not that he has much choice).

How did Buchan look on Saturday (to anyone who was at the game) ? Do you think he deserves a contract ? I saw him rip our youth team apart last season and I'd happily take him.

I thought he looked ok given he only got the last 20 minutes or so. Couple of heavy touches initially but grew into it, and his goal was a fine finish. I think JJ will give him a further run out (maybe even a start) against United on Wednesday and he'll decide from there. Certainly wouldn't be averse to giving the lad a deal until the turn of the year from what I've seen.

I thought he looked ok given he only got the last 20 minutes or so. Couple of heavy touches initially but grew into it, and his goal was a fine finish. I think JJ will give him a further run out (maybe even a start) against United on Wednesday and he'll decide from there. Certainly wouldn't be averse to giving the lad a deal until the turn of the year from what I've seen.

I'd give him an hour or so on Wednesday and give him a deal if he plays as well as he did on Saturday.

I'd expect a six month deal would be the best thing to do, but it would initially be a month long deal anyway so he'd get more of a chance from there. On that thought will it after the CVA we can offer longer term deals or will it be till we exit admin fully? Dundee for example took over 3 months after there CVA to exit admin, so if similar to us we won't be able to offer longer term deals until November so there be no point in offering a deal till January.

Seem to remember Jackson saying we couldn't afford to start the new season in admin as we'd incur a penalty of £150,000 and would also be deducted points. With that in mind I'm assuming that we come out of admin if and when the CVA is agreed.

Perhaps if it was agreed then we might be given some time to exit admin fully without getting punished?

Grant228 wrote:

Just wondering, but what is Fays doing? He's to old for the u19's and Jeffries doesn't seem to think he's ready for the first team...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

There was a little confusion over weather it was a one or two year deal he got.

If it was two and Jeffries doesn't think he's up to it what do you do? Try and see if he will leave without a pay-off? Maybe he'd agree but the fact he's come here for what you'd expect to be little wages suggests he wants any chance he can get to be a full-time player, the other alternative would be to send him out on loan, but his style of play would mean he would spend more time being kicked up and down the pitch by 3rd division/ junior players than he would actually playing, and the club would get little if any payment from whoever hes loaned to so he is better staying here.

If it was only a year deal, and he's now on a monthly deal then JJ must think he's good enough at least as a squad player, which IMO he probably is. Could do with abit more game time tho.

Poet of the Macabre wrote:

Seem to remember Jackson saying we couldn't afford to start the new season in admin as we'd incur a penalty of £150,000 and would also be deducted points. With that in mind I'm assuming that we come out of admin if and when the CVA is agreed.

Perhaps if it was agreed then we might be given some time to exit admin fully without getting punished?

The bond/ points deduction comes in if no CVA is agreed before the start of the season or it's overturned by appeal not if we are still in admin besides if I understand correctly it would be impossible to be out of admin til at least the end of August,possibly later by legal timings, the one I know of for example is that creditors have 28 days to appeal a CVA vote. Edited by parsforlife

We know how much JJ loves a giant striker - maybe see Morris thrown up front on occasion now if we're chasing a goal and have cover at CB?Not exactly tiki-taka but potentially effective.

Edited by Shandon Par

According to the Dunfermline Press a week or two ago, we have until the 2nd of August to agree the CVA. Basically it needs to be accepted next Tuesday or that's it!! If the CVA is agreed next Tuesday, we'll not officially be out of Admin due to Legal issues, but the SFA / SPFL are happy to class us as "out of Administration" as long as the CVA has been agreed to and new owners are in place.

Let's just hope that 1 week today we all get the good news we're praying for!

As a side note also, the BuyThePars totaliser now stands at: £110,000

Amazing total - so proud of all us Pars fans!! :):D

James Washburn has tweeted that he has got his first ever professional contract with us so that's the centre back that we needed now signed.

I thought Bryan Jackson was only letting us offer month-long contracts at the moment? Maybe that is all Washburn has signed or maybe Jackson is very confident about the outcome of the meeting next Tuesday?

I thought Bryan Jackson was only letting us offer month-long contracts at the moment? Maybe that is all Washburn has signed or maybe Jackson is very confident about the outcome of the meeting next Tuesday?

I'd expect provisional negotiations to have taken place reliant on the CVA going through, similar to the sponsorship deal with purvis. A lot of work going on behind the scenes, so I'd imagine a flurry of announcements when/if the CVA is granted.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I'd expect provisional negotiations to have taken place reliant on the CVA going through, similar to the sponsorship deal with purvis. A lot of work going on behind the scenes, so I'd imagine a flurry of announcements when/if the CVA is granted.

Sponsorship, new strips, new players, selling hospitality for forthcoming league games - very much the activities of a club that plans on starting the football season.

Next Tuesday will be a defining day one way or another.

I'm positive about the outcome for the CVA, I guess you have to be in this situation. But, as Shandon said, there's been a lot of wheels set in motion by the club before the season has started, so that's always a positive.

That's what soft loans are for.

This is a serious post? Are you seriously suggesting that we immediately get back into debt to sign players? I know it's 'soft loans', but even still, it's just the wrong attitude completely to have. Have people learned anything from what's happened?

If you know Bayview, you'll know that the "dugouts" were opposite the stand. Well, the dugouts have moved to in front of the stand and the terracing will be facing the stand, where the dugouts use to be. How fans will get round to the terracing, I don't know. I'm not sure if they'll allow fans to walk behind the goals between terracing and stand during the game as you could get any loony running on the park etc. Could it be a case of East Fife getting the stand and us getting the terrace (or vice versa, obviously), or do you think the crowd won't be segregated?

If we make the East Stirling game - never mind the East Fife match - I'll be happy! :)

P.S Welcome to the Club James! Hope to see you in action vs Dundee United tomorrow night! If he's as good as our last CB signing from England (Callum Morris) then I'll be more than delighted! :D

I'm hoping for a free for all. I'm taking a club. I was taking one anyway to negotiate through Methil, but now it's just a bonus.

This is a serious post? Are you seriously suggesting that we immediately get back into debt to sign players? I know it's 'soft loans', but even still, it's just the wrong attitude completely to have. Have people learned anything from what's happened?

Calm doon, I'm entirely certain that wasn't a serious post.