Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He's fucking hopeless in the dug-out. Two successive relegations and struggling against Forfar and Greenock Morton with a vast superior team.

Was wanting him sacked a month ago, however I think he should be given till the end of January and if we're still hovering he should be gone, we have to win the league this year, no play-off uncertainty nonsense.

Oh dear. Where to start with this pile of pish..............

Oh dear. Where to start with this pile of pish..............

The only thing I would disagree with is that Morton and Forfar are vastly inferior.

With the right signings and tactics we should be able to overcome Forfar quite easily, instead our inexperienced young defenders are constantly bullied and caught out at set pieces. JJ has had two seasons to fix this and hasn't been able to. He also just trots out the same tired bullshit after every loss to Forfar.

Morton look a decent side and have full time resources, but yet again tactics and team selection were questionable at best.

All Duffy needed to do was double up on Williamson and push up and put pressure on our defence. The long balls to Ugwu wasn't working after five mins but he persisted with it all game. He is totally clueless at times and fails to change or see the obvious.

While I wouldn't blame Jefferies for getting relegated from the SPL his poor decision making was evident in the game that confirmed our relegation playing half fit Austin McCann at centre half who was to blame for at least two of the goals.

Look mate, some of what you say is valid however to blame him for the first relegation is ridiculous. Even the second one had circumstances that were out of his control. I heard he thought about jacking it in the summer but agreed to one more season.

And the long ball nonsense is in your head. That's what happens when the players lose confidence in those around them, panic & decide to ditch our passing game in favour of get-out balls to the strikers. I don't believe for one minute the players are sent out to play hoofball.

While I wouldn't blame Jefferies for getting relegated from the SPL his poor decision making was evident in the game that confirmed our relegation playing half fit Austin McCann at centre half who was to blame for at least two of the goals.

Any other centre-halves fit to play in that game?

Any other centre-halves fit to play in that game?

McCann was hooked at half time and our formation changed and we played better in the 2nd half. McCann should have been nowhere near the pitch and he admitted as much.

ETA: Kerr Young was an unused sub so yes we did have another fit centre half.

Edited by GordieBoy80

McCann was hooked at half time and our formation changed and we played better in the 2nd half. McCann should have been nowhere near the pitch and he admitted as much.

ETA: Kerr Young was an unused sub so yes we did have another fit centre half.

Yeah 18 year old Kerr Young who'd played how many times for the first team? In a do-or-die decider away from home with a sell-out home crowd? Yeah I can see your logic. Look we can all be wise after the event, I remember JJ at the time saying McCann was desperate to play in that game to help the team out. And we were 3-0 down at half time so Hibs probably eased off a bit making us look slightly less p1sh than we were in the first half.

I would rather play a kid who is 100% fit in a crucial match than keep faith in a senior player who is less than 50% fit and had been brutal when fully fit for most of that season.

Edited by GordieBoy80

I don't think many managers would have thrown a youngster into such an important game. As has been mentioned, hindsight is 20/20. Just splitting hairs anyway as getting beat by Hibs in one game was not the reason we were relegated. We thoroughly deserved to go down.

This. We were beyond saving when JJ took over the reigns.