Walking Down The Halbeath Road

f**k it I'm going to take .net's advise pour a beer and start being positive,

To start off

When we do eventually come out the shit the good times will feel better,

If we have to mothball most of east end then the end result will add more character, trees growing on half-collapsed roofs etc,

We'll get derbys back as we play the shippy on a regular basis

#positives

Potter has done a terrible job. I don't know JJ would have done better but he wouldn't have done any worse. I jokingly said Leish should have taken the club until the end of the season but I guarantee he would have been a better choice. In reality though, we needed and still need a fresh face in the dugout and a big overhaul in the playing squad.

Hope we finally get an apology from Potter about what we've been served up this season. It's easy to play the apathy card but this season's been an utter ballache and I can't be the only one that's had enough of it. Get someone lined up for next season and start promoting some of the Under 20's who haven't had a shot yet, see if there's anything decent among them.

edit- Just read Potter's comments and he sounds like he doesn't have a clue how to fix things. Just "we have to start winning matches" Well, no shit Sherlock.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

To think you guys were favorites for the title. :lol:

I never saw anything in Potter as a player that suggested he'd be a competent manager.

What a shite point. Plenty of average/shite players have become great managers and plenty of great players have become shite managers.

A motivator, positional and tactical awareness, determination, professionalism.

I'm not saying that shite players can't make good managers and vice versa just an observation that Potter seemed like a clueless donkey as a player perhaps he's the same as a gaffer.

Edited by AberdeenBud

A motivator, positional and tactical awareness, determination, professionalism.

I'm not saying that shite players can't make good managers and vice versa just an observation that Potter seemed like a clueless donkey as a player perhaps he's the same as a gaffer.

From what I remember of Potter he had most of those. A pretty talentless player who made a career out of having the above assets. Certainly wouldn't have thought there was any reason to think he'd be a particularly bad manager based on his playing career.

Dunfermline shouldn't be losing 5-1 to a side like Stranraer. On a day when Cowdenbeath lose 10-0, we manage to get an even worse result. If that happened to a similar sized club like Falkirk, Motherwell or St Mirren we would be wondering what is going on and laughing like f**k, which is exactly the type of responses we are receiving (and rightly so) from fans of other clubs.

However, the sad thing is that with the absolute shambles we have become, most fans (well the realistic ones anyway) expected us to lose today and by a few goals too. To get to a stage where we as the full time club and the biggest in the league is not expected to take anything against a part time side, just show little confidence and belief is in the management and players.

Potter's out of his depth. Anyone who disputes that is either on the wind up or needs placed in the loony bin. Unlike the case for the typical new manager, he's not needed time to adapt to new surroundings. He's been working with these players for a good two years as a coach and he has managed to win two out of ten league games as manager. Constantly changing the team every game and sticking with the stupid system we played under Jefferies is obscene and ultimately, will lead to his downfall.

He's not the only one to blame though, we have a squad full of the most spineless players going. As the statistics indicate, whenever they fall behind they can't get anything out of the game. Hopefully the vast majority are emptied at the end of the season as they are abysmal.

What do we do until then though? As bad as we are it would take something truly spectacular to finish in the bottom two, meaning the highest we can aim to finish is 5th and lowest is 7th, unless Ayr can put a run of wins together. As such we have heehaw to play for and the crowds will dwindle for the remaining home games as there is no point in the fans turning up.

The board needs to identify a suitable manager to lead us for next season in League One as Potter is not a long-term viable option. Hopefully this time, they'll appoint someone who isn't a complete novice.

What's the surprise? Potter took charge of an U20 side that was financed from cheating the local sides out of their best players then discarding them and simply buying the rejects from the top spl sides.

Players do not respect Potter and have given up.

Just look at the changes in the team every week, ten games to go and at least five changes every week?

f**k it I'm going to take .net's advise pour a beer and start being positive,

To start off

When we do eventually come out the shit the good times will feel better,

If we have to mothball most of east end then the end result will add more character, trees growing on half-collapsed roofs etc,

We'll get derbys back as we play the shippy on a regular basis

#positives

Clyde are a fan based club.

What's the surprise? Potter took charge of an U20 side that was financed from cheating the local sides out of their best players then discarding them and simply buying the rejects from the top spl sides.

Players do not respect Potter and have given up.

Just look at the changes in the team every week, ten games to go and at least five changes every week?

Bullshit. Potter took charge of the biggest team, with the biggest budget in the league, and fucked it right up.

Hilarious.

Today is a serious, serious wake up call for the club as a whole. Getting utterly shafted 5-1 off Stranraer is an absolute embarrassment and will go down as one of the worst days in our history.

A new manager with new ideas and a new squad is needed to stabilise the club, at least, because right now we are in absolute free fall and would almost certainly be looking at the possibility of relegation

if it wasn't for Stirling, Stenny and Ayr being, somehow, worse than us.

Potter being sacked before the season is out though? Don't know about that realistically happening but someone needs to come in and put a marker down. What a shambles we are.