Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We will be brought back to earth next week against Morton.

No doubt despite running the midfield Forbes will be useless and I won't be able to bring this point up to defend myself without being accused of attention seeking. Go figure that logic out.....

Let's all fling shite at people when we get insecure and proved wrong.

We will be brought back to earth next week against Morton.No doubt despite running the midfield Forbes will be useless and I won't be able to bring this point up to defend myself without being accused of attention seeking. Go figure that logic out.....Let's all fling shite at people when we get insecure and proved wrong.

Don't need to. We have you for that.

We will be brought back to earth next week against Morton.No doubt despite running the midfield Forbes will be useless and I won't be able to bring this point up to defend myself without being accused of attention seeking. Go figure that logic out.....Let's all fling shite at people when we get insecure and proved wrong.

At least you're not letting it get to you or anything. No sirreeeee

We will be brought back to earth next week against Morton. No doubt despite running the midfield Forbes will be useless and I won't be able to bring this point up to defend myself without being accused of attention seeking. Go figure that logic out..... Let's all fling shite at people when we get insecure and proved wrong.

to be fair not one person on here has been proved wrong when they say you are a bellend

Edited by pars till i die

Had a bit of a mare in the last week or so and lost the plot on here. For some reason I can't seem to let go of the past and dot net. Had a bit of a word with myself and want to draw a line under the pettyness.

Reckon it would be a good idea to leave it a day or so after a game before posting an opinion as they tend to be one sided or a bit extreme. Also if someone disagrees it might be an idea to give it a few mins to think about fanning the flames.

The club has been through so much shit, don't think it's good for any pars fans to argue and quarrel even if it is just online. Ninety mins of suffering is enough!

​small aside on Potter's weekly update...

"Ryan Wallace has been counted out for the season"

The new, mellow D.A.F.C made the point on the Morton match thread and it's something that has bugged me for ages. We seem to try and get players to play Wallace's role. Falky is not Wallace. Neither is Faissal. Or Moffat. A system which worked well with Wallace in it hasn't worked without Wallace yet we still try it over and over. Having him fit and on form probably would have bagged us the league but instead of forgetting about and using a system with Moffat at the core we've persisted in trying to get players to play that "Wallace" role, even though that role only worked with Wallace playing it. He'd drift about and bang in goals from anywhere. You can't just ask other random players to fill that role.

Also from that JP interview:

"They put out a very attacking line up last week, whether they will do the same again we don't know. These players can hurt you, so we will need to be wary but they will be saying the same about us."

Only Ayr, Stenny and Stirling have scored fewer goals than us - not sure Duffy will be losing too much sleep over our goal threat.

Saying that I fancy us to get an ugly win tomorrow.

Who did you guys have last season that scored goals? And has Ryan Wallace pretty much been out for the entire season? I remember him looking very decent in the championship never mind league 1.

Wallace has been out over a year now barring the odd appearance this season. I think he's played 5 or 6 games for us overall this season and the majority of them were at the beginning of the season.

Last year, Wallace did score a lot of goals for us, but we had lots of players scoring too which meant the pressure wasn't fully on Wallace. We had Lawrence Shankland and Jordan Moore on loan and they both got near hitting double figures for us before Lawrence got injured and missed the play offs and Jordan was unable to play or train due to having cancer. Stephen Husband, Josh Falkingham and Shaun Byrne also chipped in with goals at vital times last season too, alongside Allan Smith. However, the biggest player outside the strikers to score for us last year was Andy Geggan - he scored 13 goals if I remember correctly which was the best scoring season of his life. Unfortunately, he's been unable to take that form into this season but it is now coming back with him scoring 3 goals in recent weeks and that has really benefitted us in getting points on the board as he's scored vital goals at vital times for us in those respective games.

Geggan's last couple of headed goals have been beautiful - so frustrating to have seen him waste so many easy chances all season.

Apart from the hammering at Stranraer we've not been losing heavily - just a few more goals here and there throughout the team would have made such a difference. Fans moan about our defence, especially at set pieces, but we've the second lowest goals against tally.

Geggan's last couple of headed goals have been beautiful - so frustrating to have seen him waste so many easy chances all season.

Apart from the hammering at Stranraer we've not been losing heavily - just a few more goals here and there throughout the team would have made such a difference. Fans moan about our defence, especially at set pieces, but we've the second lowest goals against tally.

That's more to do with the guy between the sticks - who must wonder what he's done to deserve playing in this league - rather than having a back four akin to Milan in the late 80s.

That's more to do with the guy between the sticks - who must wonder what he's done to deserve playing in this league - rather than having a back four akin to Milan in the late 80s.

I think Allan McGregor was the last keeper to make such a massive contribution. One season we had Burchill banging in goals, him keeping them out, and lots of dross around them.

I'd still say the defence problems are highlighted because we've been so bad at scoring though. So bad that it inspires our opponents as they notice how poor we are and start to throw guys forward knowing we're too toothless to capitalise should their attack break down.