Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Seems to me that Potter is staying because they can't afford to pay him off and are hoping he takes another coaching role elsewhere. Would be very awkward for him to go back to being a coach to the same players who clearly had no respect for him this season. People insulting his family are absolute roasters though. You can call him a pish manager but f**k knows what his loved ones have to do with it.

Shame how it ended with McCann but I'll always appreciate his efforts for us while we were in the mire and he wasn't taking any money.

Pretty fucking baffled that after everything the club has been through, we still budgeted for a cup run. Utter nonsense. The cups should always be taken as a bonus. I appreciate the Board being honest and up front with the supporters but that doesn't mean they get a free pass when they make terrible budgetary decisions like that. I do hope their guilt trip works and we sell a few season tickets though. I think I'll wait until we don't appoint another dud. Imagine we'll get plenty of applications.

Also, Greig McDonald FFS. That's the worst shout yet.

Seems to me that Potter is staying because they can't afford to pay him off and are hoping he takes another coaching role elsewhere. Would be very awkward for him to go back to being a coach to the same players who clearly had no respect for him this season. People insulting his family are absolute roasters though. You can call him a pish manager but f**k knows what his loved ones have to do with it.

Shame how it ended with McCann but I'll always appreciate his efforts for us while we were in the mire and he wasn't taking any money.

Pretty fucking baffled that after everything the club has been through, we still budgeted for a cup run. Utter nonsense. The cups should always be taken as a bonus. I appreciate the Board being honest and up front with the supporters but that doesn't mean they get a free pass when they make terrible budgetary decisions like that. I do hope their guilt trip works and we sell a few season tickets though. I think I'll wait until we don't appoint another dud. Imagine we'll get plenty of applications.

Also, Greig McDonald FFS. That's the worst shout yet.

Fully agree. I knew the board were taking a bit of a risk this season and knew they would incur a loss (because they said so before the season began), and whilst I wasn't fully happy with it, I understood it and knew that the club weren't going in to debt. However, to find out that they budgeted on cup runs is very disappointing, and like you state, they shouldn't get a free pass. That questions must be raised at the upcoming Q&A event.

Sense has prevailed, although him being head coach is a bit shit but what can you do if he's under contract? I'm not aware of the whole abuse towards his family, can someone elaborate that? That is pathetic if that's been going on from our fans.

I'd take anyone of the main names mentioned like Bollan, Adams etc but my preference would be Stevie Aitken (if Stranraer fail to get promoted) or Alan Johnston.

Ryan Wallace under contract for next season ffs. Total liability. How many did he play this season?

Good statement from the board though. New manager, new players, new kits. Entice us, give us something to look forward to. That snapchat nonsense btw, what's that all about? Just show us the kits please!

Out of the main four, Adams is still my first choice as i have always been a fan of him. I will admit he's a bit of a loose cannon and i can see why he winds some folk up, yet i quite like that about a manager and you can't argue with the job he done at Ross County. If its not him...i just hope he doesn't end up at Raith of all teams.

Bollan and Johnston both know what it takes to win the league with full time teams, while Aitken has never had a shot at full time management before, yet the last guy to get a part time team up from this division was Paul Hartley and look how he's ended up.

I agree it is not really that practical to have a coach that was a manager then a coach. Players wont have any respect if they ever did have in the first place. Thats what I mean by a waste of money and actually counter productive. If he was to follow the new managers instructions and results followed then it could change but its a strange setup tbh.

Edited by D.A.F.C

I agree it is not really that practucal to have a coach that was a manager then a coach. Players wont have any respect if they ever did have in the first place. Thats what I mean by a waste of money and actually counter productive. If he was to follow the new managers instructions and results followed then it could change but its a strange setup tbh.

I agree it is not really that practucal to have a coach that was a manager then a coach. Players wont have any respect if they ever did have in the first place. Thats what I mean by a waste of money and actually counter productive. If he was to follow the new managers instructions and results followed then it could change but its a strange setup tbh.

Ryan Wallace under contract for next season ffs. Total liability. How many did he play this season?

Good statement from the board though. New manager, new players, new kits. Entice us, give us something to look forward to. That snapchat nonsense btw, what's that all about? Just show us the kits please!

da_no1 will be here in a minute getting you telt. It's perfectly normal that the club advertised they would be showing the kits a week ago and then never followed through. Not worthy of comment.

McBookie have put up some odds for the next manager...

wDXeW32.png

Aitken as slight favourite which isn't a surprise, although Darren Young as second favourite is a bit bizarre, along with Crawford @ 8/1. :huh:

Gary Bollan's odds are tempting though if some of the Airdrie fans are to be believed.

Prices from McBookie.com

3/1 Stephen Aitken 4/1 Darren Young 6/1 Steven Pressley 7/1 Allan Johnston 8/1 Ray McKinnon 8/1 Gary Bollan 12/1 Gus McPherson 12/1 Dick Campbell 12/1 Derek Adams 16/1 Jimmy Calderwood 16/1 Kenny Shiels 16/1 Allan Moore 16/1 Stevie Crawford 20/1 Billy Reid