Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Mullen isn't hopeless at all, he isn't a right back though. Just because his dad played there doesn't mean he can, he has other qualities suited to other roles. I'm not sad that he has been released though, however I do question some fans judgement when they describe someone like Millen as 'hopeless'.

Also Buchanan isn't 'good enough' - he has been missing for a considerable amount of time now. We need commanding centre halfs, not ones that disappear when the others aren't performing.

There are still players under contract like Moffat, Geggan, Falkingham, Hopkirk, El Bakhtaoui, Williamson, Wallace and...erm..

I meant those out of contract.

Mullen isn't hopeless at all, he isn't a right back though. Just because his dad played there doesn't mean he can, he has other qualities suited to other roles. I'm not sad that he has been released though, however I do question some fans judgement when they describe someone like Millen as 'hopeless'.

Aw I loved that movie.

Also Buchanan isn't 'good enough' - he has been missing for a considerable amount of time now. We need commanding centre halfs, not ones that disappear when the others aren't performing.

Completely disagree, he was the one leader and winner of balls that we had at the back. Martin has potential but for me he's far worse than Gregor and not much better than Urquart. Page did ok apart from one bad game and never got a chance again.

Buchanan would be a good squad signing for the championship. Reckon he will be playing at a higher level than league one soon.

Completely disagree, he was the one leader and winner of balls that we had at the back. Martin has potential but for me he's far worse than Gregor and not much better than Urquart. Page did ok apart from one bad game and never got a chance again.

Buchanan would be a good squad signing for the championship. Reckon he will be playing at a higher level than league one soon.

I agree, Martin is worse than Buchanan however I'm sure Martin has at least a year left on his contract and is cheaper than Buchanan so that's fine with me. We will bring in two experienced centre halfs to

replace him. All four of them could go as far as I'm concerned however considering Martin is under contract then he has to be kept, he is hardly on a large wage anyways.

Williamson needs to be playing right-back next season. He's a brilliant player but he needs to work on his defending, often gets caught out.

Be interesting to see who we get in for the defence.

Williamson is the best right back in this league, if he hadn't dislocated his knee then he would have probably been in the team of the year - that's good for us as he will be recognised less by other clubs. He will be here next season, and is exactly the style of player we are aiming to recruit.

I saw someone else mention Frazer Wright already. Could be an ideal big lump for us at the back and AJ is a fan of him. Going by his Twitter he has qualified as a personal trainer so could be one of the part/full time types the club mentioned they'd look at signing.

No word on McAusland or Stirling? Given Stirling was punted to Stirling and McAusland dropped out of favour, you'd think they'd be ones Potter would tell AJ to punt. Stirling might be someone AJ thinks he could develop though and he's also probably familiar with McAusland from seeing him for Ayr when he was Queens boss. Given how many guys they've had to speak to it could just be that they've not been dealt with yet.

How can you be disappointed at a load of failures (barring one or two) or superflous players not getting new contracts when the wage bill needs cut?

I am only disappointed over the one or two(Buchanan and whittle) i have no problems with a large scale clear out, their are others i'd maybe have kept that are reasonable enough at this level, however they aren't brilliant and them leaving doesn't bother me.