Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I am perfectly calm.

It just hasn't been very interesting yet.

No point in rushing in to sign players purely because they're available. We spunked our load early last year and look what happened...

Everyone creamed their knickers this time last year at the signings we made and look what happened. I'd rather we took our time and waited for the right, most realistic, players that can win us this division be weighed up and then given contracts.

Rushing into it signing, apparently, the cream of the league didn't work before. We should have a bigger squad by July.

No point in rushing in to sign players purely because they're available. We spunked our load early last year and look what happened...

Just because we made early signings last summer and our season was abysmal, doesn't necessarily mean that a similar approach wouldn't work out for next season.

It simply depends on the manager. Hartley and Aitken are two examples who have tended to get their business done early and its worked out for the clubs that they have managed.

There's risks involved on either approach. If a manager gets all his signings in early, he might miss out on a player who could later become available due to spending all his budget. However, by the same degree, waiting too long can leave a manager with a lesser pool of players to choose from.

Intrigued to see who Johnston brings in as there haven't been many rumours flying about.

Edit: In regards to Hill, at least he can threaten to strangle Falkingham again if he puts in as many crap performances as he did this season.

Edited by Parscelona

I know a girl Martin Scott shagged and he clearly has absolutely no standards so a good chance he'll come to EEP.

You'll have to fight off East Fife. They usually scoop up all our ex-players.

If Pars could get Elliot fit he'd be an excellent signing. Big if. Moon is in the same camp as Elliot with fitness issues.

Hill would be a good signing.

I despise Calum Elliot, he's a cheating, diving hoor of a player.

But if he does it all in a black & white shirt and gets us the 15 goals that wins us promotion I would care not one jot.

I'd be much more confident of Hill being a decent signing for yous than Elliot,

Agreed. Gutted Hill's away..always gives 100%.....Elliot on the other hand spends more time rolling around, moaning at refs and being injured than actually playing. Says it all really