Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Really important few games coming up and emerging with maximum points would really help us stretch away from the mediocre pack unfortunately I wont be able to make the QoS match as I've decided to take park in Sleep in the Park so instead of freezing while sat at EEP ill be spending the night under the stars, snow,rain while tying to raise some money for the amazing charity Social Bite if anyone can afford to at this expensive time chuck a couple of quid in to help out the least fortunate in society then I would be extremly greatful - http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/adamshepherd

Wish we could sort the ticket scanning out. The card reader is shite. Why not get something with an obvious scan line visible or a poke yoke slot that is obvious. You have to put the season ticket upside down and the wrong way round. It's a fucking stupid design.

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Wish we could sort the ticket scanning out. The card reader is shite. Why not get something with an obvious scan line visible or a poke yoke slot that is obvious. You have to put the season ticket upside down and the wrong way round. It's a fucking stupid design.

Unfortunately the club threw out the former scanning system programmed, set up and maintained by Pars fans. All of which was done for free, if I'm not mistaken.
It worked well. Not sure on the thinking behind the change to something  clearly filled with software flaws.  :rolleyes:

I found the introductions pretty clear, you would hope the issues we are facing are slightly more complex than people unable to understand simple instructions

I believe one of the gates broke down last night but at the main stand it was just people not putting the card in properly. I'm sorry but it's just a stupid design usually you scan something with the barcode to a scanline. This doesn't seem to have one. Maybe the club should issue everyone instructions?

I believe one of the gates broke down last night but at the main stand it was just people not putting the card in properly. I'm sorry but it's just a stupid design usually you scan something with the barcode to a scanline. This doesn't seem to have one. Maybe the club should issue everyone instructions?

Like the video they put out?

Yeah every oap is on Twitter right enough.
Just put instructions above the gates.

Why not just have some one at the turnstile to assist with the issues like they have to do anyway?
Can't see what was wrong with the old system but if they don't sort it out they will put people off going.
Still the crowds are soaring this season using the new Celtic counting system!!!

Quite intrigued to know how this new system was actually funded given us fans were never actually consulted about it and it would appear a majority are not in favour of it. That opinion may of course change if it ever actually worked like it's meant to. 

The ‘majority not being in favour of it’ is just because it’s gone tits up. If the new system had worked out as planned, nobody would be greeting that the club didn’t ask for the fans’ permission.

Fife Cup game against Burntisland Shipyard has been abandoned after 50 minutes, Splaine picked up what sounds like a very serious injury. Match abandoned while waiting for the ambulance.

Seen it once before - think it was a Reserve Cup or Youth Cup game at East End - but it's quite rare. Hopefully it was more because there was a long delay getting the ambulance out and the players had all got really cold by then rather than it being because people were affected mentally by it being a horrific injury. xx

13 hours ago, smpar said:

The ‘majority not being in favour of it’ is just because it’s gone tits up. If the new system had worked out as planned, nobody would be greeting that the club didn’t ask for the fans’ permission.

Still doesnt sit right that as a fan owned club they just went ahead and made this decision without consulting the support. If they had informed us and it went tits up from the beginning people may have been a little more patient with the issues but if I recall correctly instead we were informed a few days before the first home game to arrive early and that was the first most people had heard about it.

It's getting very fucking tiresome and makes us look amateur that it's still not functioning properly this far into the season. 

What I wrote on the .net turnstile thread:

The ones I've used at other grounds have a smaller gap to slot the tickets in, and the tickets normally have arrows that say ^ THIS WAY ^. Also the barcodes are a lot larger printed on the tickets, our ones are tiny! I think the actual design is quite poor, that said I was through in half a second NW...

The season tickets not working well is criminal though, no idea who this diddy company is but it's not actually that difficult a system to implement.

4 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Still doesnt sit right that as a fan owned club they just went ahead and made this decision without consulting the support. If they had informed us and it went tits up from the beginning people may have been a little more patient with the issues but if I recall correctly instead we were informed a few days before the first home game to arrive early and that was the first most people had heard about it.

It's getting very fucking tiresome and makes us look amateur that it's still not functioning properly this far into the season. 

The club have said it wasn't the same fault and was a result of a power issue at the stadium.