Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Thankfully for the LGBTI community, you'd never catch Dunfermline's fans coming away with any homophobic chanting.

I have never pretended that Dunfermline is some sort of super fan group, however in instances of chants being sung by a section of our support they have been condemned and banned, I wish there were more examples of this sort of conduct being called out especially in larger supports.

However, this should be tackled together football fans alike driving out unacceptable conduct amongst our own fans.

2 hours ago, ka202 said:

Things that are ok when you're a Dunfermline fan, spitting on a female ambulance worker, racial abuse.

Things that are not ok, calling someone a name.

All those things are utterly abhorrent and at no time did I say they were ok. There is an element of morons in our support who do this and it needs stamped out. A big part of helping this is the way the club acts, this includes the players. As I mentioned on the recent match thread there's a nasty unsporting windup element to Falkirks play that in that instance went well beyond what's acceptable.

I hope they get at least three games banned and fined and also Falkirk do the right thing and make a statement utterly slamming their behaviour. It's as bad a racism or homophobic abuse. 

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

All those things are utterly abhorrent and at no time did I say they were ok. There is an element of morons in our support who do this and it needs stamped out. A big part of helping this is the way the club acts, this includes the players. As I mentioned on the recent match thread there's a nasty unsporting windup element to Falkirks play that in that instance went well beyond what's acceptable.

I hope they get at least three games banned and fined and also Falkirk do the right thing and make a statement utterly slamming their behaviour. It's as bad a racism or homophobic abuse. 

I don't disagree with what you're saying however Dean Shiels will have heard comments regarding his glass eye on countless occasions in the past. Many players will take any opportunity too wind up their opponents, especially those that are very easily wound up like Shiels and Higgy. It would appear that the Falkirk players involved however have been daft enough to make such comments (allegedly) within earshot of the referee and If it can be confirmed that these comments were made then I agree that they should be punished for it. 

As I understand it though, Shiels lost the sight in that eye as a young boy (although I believe it's in the relatively recent past that it's been removed) therefore he's had many years to come to terms with it and has been successful in doing so as he's managed to carve out a decent career in the game. It's maybe a bit surprising then that he's still being wound up to the extent that he is. 

As I understand it though, Shiels lost the sight in that eye as a young boy (although I believe it's in the relatively recent past that it's been removed) therefore he's had many years to come to terms with it and has been successful in doing so as he's managed to carve out a decent career in the game. It's maybe a bit surprising then that he's still being wound up to the extent that he is. 

So if you were a black professional footballer you should be fine with racial abuse? Obviously you've been black your whole life, had all that time to come to terms with it and carve out a career?

If someone can provide evidence of the nature of McKee/O'Haras misconduct, or if someone can provide a timestamp of the photo of O'Hara that shows it is before and not after Shiels attacked and attempted to injure a fellow professional then I am sure the Pars fans will see the condemnation they apparently crave from our good selves.

Until then, and even afterwards, Dean Shiels remains the very worst of the 3 players mentioned, as he resorted to physical violence.

For clarity, on the football pitch and in all forms of society, physical assault is worse than name calling.

It would seem in the eyes of many here, there is NO EXCUSE for mocking a disability, yet doing your best to put someone out of the game is fair, for I have not yet seen one condemnation of Shiels actions, nor in fact wee Higgys on Saturday.

Sort your standards out lads, then get back on your high horse.

Are you suggesting it's okay to racially abuse someone who assaults you?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If someone can provide evidence of the nature of McKee/O'Haras misconduct, or if someone can provide a timestamp of the photo of O'Hara that shows it is before and not after Shiels attacked and attempted to injure a fellow professional then I am sure the Pars fans will see the condemnation they apparently crave from our good selves.

Until then, and even afterwards, Dean Shiels remains the very worst of the 3 players mentioned, as he resorted to physical violence.

For clarity, on the football pitch and in all forms of society, physical assault is worse than name calling.

It would seem in the eyes of many here, there is NO EXCUSE for mocking a disability, yet doing your best to put someone out of the game is fair, for I have not yet seen one condemnation of Shiels actions, nor in fact wee Higgys on Saturday.

Sort your standards out lads, then get back on your high horse.

The Pars players felt the Falkirk boy made the most of that elbow to the face and influenced the ref in the way he crumpled in a heap in some discomfort. 

50 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The Pars players felt the Falkirk boy made the most of that elbow to the face and influenced the ref in the way he crumpled in a heap in some discomfort. 

So exactly what your boy did to Sibbs at EEP?

The stamp was good enough to get Sibbs sent off but your player grabbed his face which I never seen being touched.

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

So exactly what your boy did to Sibbs at EEP?

The stamp was good enough to get Sibbs sent off but your player grabbed his face which I never seen being touched.

I was taking the piss - Higgy elbowed your player in the face and was very lucky to just get a second yellow. 

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was taking the piss - Higgy elbowed your player in the face and was very lucky to just get a second yellow. 

He should have been off prior to that.

ETA given Higgys reaction to the red he clearly felt McKee made the most of it.

I'd expect nothing less from any player in the circumstance 

Edited by Gaz FFC

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

So if you were a black professional footballer you should be fine with racial abuse? Obviously you've been black your whole life, had all that time to come to terms with it and carve out a career?

Don't try to put words in my mouth. I didn't say he should be 'fine with it' but, for his own sake, he should (and probably for the most part has) try to rise above it.

Hippo and Austin for example need to get used to players and fans ( particularly Dunfermline fans apparently) goading them because of their colour because people can be c***s, can't they? If they react to the taunts of some of the brain dead p***ks that play football they'll be sitting in the stand a lot more often than they would like.

He should have been off prior to that.
ETA given Higgys reaction to the red he clearly felt McKee made the most of it.
I'd expect nothing less from any player in the circumstance 

Your team is full of cheats and scumbags. Probably coached into them by Houston. Diving pushing elbowing feigning injury abusing other players trying to wind up other players. I hope you get relegated.