Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He’s started the last 4 or 5 games at CM and has been solid. Got MOTM against Hearts too. The fans have taken to him. Probably one of the first names on our team sheet at the moment. He got stuck in against Celtic in the cup, which was delightful. McCann has basically been using him as our enforcer in the centre of the park. I think a few fans were initially annoyed he was getting a start ahead of McGowan, but don’t think many people can question that decision anymore.

14 hours ago, K.T said:

He’s started the last 4 or 5 games at CM and has been solid. Got MOTM against Hearts too. The fans have taken to him. Probably one of the first names on our team sheet at the moment. He got stuck in against Celtic in the cup, which was delightful. McCann has basically been using him as our enforcer in the centre of the park. I think a few fans were initially annoyed he was getting a start ahead of McGowan, but don’t think many people can question that decision anymore.

Has McCann been playing El Bak as some sort of winger? Not seen any Dundee games at all this year but on the radio it always seems he's getting involved in the play and giving the ball away. Brilliant for us as an out and out striker and hitting teams on the break (eg that pech he scored for you againts Celtic late last season) but he wasn't some sort of creative genius. 

Never going to be any question about Spence's commitment! 

Has McCann been playing El Bak as some sort of winger? Not seen any Dundee games at all this year but on the radio it always seems he's getting involved in the play and giving the ball away. Brilliant for us as an out and out striker and hitting teams on the break (eg that pech he scored for you againts Celtic late last season) but he wasn't some sort of creative genius. 
Never going to be any question about Spence's commitment! 

He’s tried him in a few positions, and he’s been disappointing. He scored a peach against United in the cup as well. But he misses a ridiculous amount of chances, some of them sitters. If we break forward he will often play a pass behind a player or run the ball for too long and get tackled. He needs to improve. I don’t know if it’s his confidence rather than him being unable to make the step up, but he would probably be away on loan if we didn’t have so many forwards injured/ who are shit. He does offer something different, but I’m not sure what.

3 minutes ago, K.T said:

He’s tried him in a few positions, and he’s been disappointing. He scored a peach against United in the cup as well. But he misses a ridiculous amount of chances, some of them sitters. If we break forward he will often play a pass behind a player or run the ball for too long and get tackled. He needs to improve. I don’t know if it’s his confidence rather than him being unable to make the step up, but he would probably be away on loan if we didn’t have so many forwards injured/ who are shit. He does offer something different, but I’m not sure what.

Sounds a bit like how he was with us until AJ brought out the best in him. When we were in League One he scored crackers against Ross County and Dundee and looked perfectly capable of mixing it with bigger defenders. 

3 hours ago, K.T said:

Must either be a confidence thing or he's not getting used right, he strolled through games against you and Ross County and looked a class above the majority of other players on the pitch, if anything he seemed more clinical against the better defenses. I miss him so much.

Must either be a confidence thing or he's not getting used right, he strolled through games against you and Ross County and looked a class above the majority of other players on the pitch, if anything he seemed more clinical against the better defenses. I miss him so much.

I think it is to do with his confidence. He doesn’t look anywhere near as good as he did with you. We’ve created plenty for him, but he really struggles.

Just catching up on the 'fall out' from the homophobic chanting at the weekend. I agree with most of the previous posts and think its important that the club makes it clear that this isn't okay and most clubs if they were open and honest, would be releasing similar statements most weeks. However, shouldnt this be dealt with during the match I mean we do employ a stewarding company to ensure the SPFL rules within the stadium are complied with however I have never seen a steward even telling people that they cant sing that and if they do will be ejected? For those complaining that we are turning fans away who want a good atmosphere then they are advocating we do so at the expense of an environment that supports LGBT+, Racial Equality, Disabled rights, Religious Tolerance, and Equity in Gender, if that was the case I would rather we had a crowd of 1 and be forward thinking than have half a million people crammed into EEP. There are many many teams all across Britain who have far larger minorties within their supports who exude intolerance in many ways be it Anti Semitism in London, Sectarianism in Glasgow or Homophobia brought by the away fans who travel to Brighton. Anyone who wants to shout that sort of bile ought to do it away from East End Park where we are creating something very special, with probably Scotlands most open and forward thinking Boardroom, a manager using ultra-modern techniques and the most accessible stadium in Scotland for those with access needs. Hope those supporters who intervined on Saturday are okay and will continue to come to EEP as we need more folk like that coming along.

What would stop any nasty stuff in it's tracks is for the ref to blow for full time then announce the game is called off due to the chants. Do that at ibrox a few times and it stops. It sets the standard and the few wee neds at eep would soon get shouted down. It's happening at parkhead someone recently pulled out a flare and got a swift punch in the pus before they set it off. I'm sure the police and the sfa could do so much more and become a world leader in tackling the old firm problem.

52 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What would stop any nasty stuff in it's tracks is for the ref to blow for full time then announce the game is called off due to the chants. Do that at ibrox a few times and it stops. It sets the standard and the few wee neds at eep would soon get shouted down. It's happening at parkhead someone recently pulled out a flare and got a swift punch in the pus before they set it off. I'm sure the police and the sfa could do so much more and become a world leader in tackling the old firm problem.

That or empty that stand or stadium same with flares and political banners.

21 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

The SFA have no interest in solving the problem because:

- It is their main source of income

- The majority of them are actively linvolved in adding to the problem, rather than attempting to solve it.

• 2 weeks later...

We been linked with anyone recently? Signing news incoming by the looks of things.. must be a central midfielder or a winger. If it’s Ian Black I’ll greet.

Callum Smith has signed a contract extension until 2020. Smart move, if he keeps progressing at this rate he'll be snapped up by some Premiership/English club shortly.