Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Interesting to see AJ's contract runs out at the end of the season and nothing sorted regarding a new deal. Still plenty of time but might be considering his options.

Given the start we've had along with AJ's target of making the playoffs last season (whether that was a crowd-pleasing comment or a genuine goal of his), I'd say anything other than a playoff place this time around would be a disappointment. The club may be* thinking along the lines of playoff place = good, another season at least.. and 5th & below = bad, no new contract. I can't see AJ wanting to leave any time soon so I reckon it's totally the board's decision so far.

*I obviously have zero inside info, so please take the "may be" exactly as that - what I think could be the case.

3 hours ago, smpar said:

Given the start we've had along with AJ's target of making the playoffs last season (whether that was a crowd-pleasing comment or a genuine goal of his), I'd say anything other than a playoff place this time around would be a disappointment. The club may be* thinking along the lines of playoff place = good, another season at least.. and 5th & below = bad, no new contract. I can't see AJ wanting to leave any time soon so I reckon it's totally the board's decision so far.

*I obviously have zero inside info, so please take the "may be" exactly as that - what I think could be the case.

At the supporters council meeting, it was said pretty candidly that the manager's contract negotiations were ongoing. Just now we are well positioned and AJ's modern style has really brought the club out of the dark ages in terms of sport science, players fitness, diet of players and a lot better shape for the future which regardless of where we finish and where AJ goes after us whenever that maybe he has been a fantastic manager for the pars.

I think AJ has been exactly what we need on the pitch, if he left I think we miss him a lot off the pitch as well.

Can't remember seeing a Dunfermline team that looked so fit. His fitness and training are the best we've had at East End probably ever given how modern it all is.

His youth development has been outstanding as well, although this isn't entirely through choice mind you, but we seem to have a very good youth team and youth players making their first few starts no longer look completely out of their depth, some credit has to go to Potter and Jeffries for that as well though tbf.

Murdoch (technically), Williamson, Martin and Smith all in and around the first team, I can only remember McGroarty and Phinn in the past couple of decades making serious impacts in the first team although I'm probably forgetting someone really obvious.

We seem to have a good handful of players in the youth team who are waiting for their chance to play at senior level. 

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Murdoch? He was a youth player at us but his development is nothing to do with any of the above.

This was why I added technically in brackets, to emphasise how I was stretching the truth to suit my argument.

Regardless, he is a youth product who is playing in our first team. 

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Club has released a statement condemning the homophobia at the United game.

Good. I doubt the cretins who were doing it and who are still defending it by claiming it was 'banter' or that it wasn't homophobic (they seem to be claiming that 'taking it up the arse' isn't homosexual, and whilst this can be true, they weren't just chanting about a straight guy who enjoys anal play with him wife) and who cry about 'PC gone mad' will stop doing it. They'll just weep about 'PC' and how 'you can't say anything these days!' and how it's just them who try and create an atmosphere etc etc.

It's genuinely astonishing that these clowns can't see what's wrong with it. It's not just that folk shouldn't do it; it's why would you do it in the first place? I was guilty of such stuff when I was younger but then I began to understand the world and people and why that sort of stuff is unacceptable, just like racism, sexism etc.

Good. I doubt the cretins who were doing it and who are still defending it by claiming it was 'banter' or that it wasn't homophobic (they seem to be claiming that 'taking it up the arse' isn't homosexual, and whilst this can be true, they weren't just chanting about a straight guy who enjoys anal play with him wife) and who cry about 'PC gone mad' will stop doing it. They'll just weep about 'PC' and how 'you can't say anything these days!' and how it's just them who try and create an atmosphere etc etc.
It's genuinely astonishing that these clowns can't see what's wrong with it. It's not just that folk shouldn't do it; it's why would you do it in the first place? I was guilty of such stuff when I was younger but then I began to understand the world and people and why that sort of stuff is unacceptable, just like racism, sexism etc.

Exactly this. Even if you genuinely believe that those kinds of chants are okay, surely you'd know that singing them is just going to get you into bother, so just think of another fucking song.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Homophobia and racism.... Just need you lot to pick a religion to hate too and you will be right up there with the arsecheeks for Scotlands most despicable set of fans.

It's so hard to narrow it down to one though

Folk are still defending this shit. They think they're being smart by pushing the 'it's homophobic to suggest that only gay men take it up the bottom' and the 'you don't have to be gay to take it up the arse' arguments. Unfortunately for them bigots tend to be on the less intelligent side.

I'd like to ask these folk then what the purpose of the chant was, and why they were singing it, especially considering so many of them are sheep who latch on to the latest fad song ('Don't Take Me Home, 'Ring of Fire' just to name two) and have never started an original chant.

It's like saying that it's fine to chuck bananas at a black player because not only black guys eat bananas.

Edited by DA Baracus

Can't believe this sort of behaviour is tolerated at Eep in the modern day. 

I thought that nw stand was already closed due to the bigoted,  perma-seething neanderthals who populate it. 

Backward b*****ds.  

Fife's shame. 

29 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Statement incoming - Another PR disaster.

?

1 minute ago, RR #1 said:

I thought that nw stand was already closed due to the bigoted,  perma-seething neanderthals who populate it. 

Backward b*****ds.  

Fife's shame. 

Obviously it's no tolerated, as the statement makes clear. Part of that stand was closed pretty much on police orders (although some will have you believe it's a huge conspiracy aimed at some folk who had season tickets for that area and was all over a single incident where a guy who was a Celtic fan chucked something once).

It quite clearly isn't.

Looking forward to the "fishing" retort from you though.

22 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Backward b*****ds.  

Fife's shame. 

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Sweep sweep sweep.

Still singing about how you'd rather be an "Asian gentleman" than a Par?

Edited by da_no_1

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

?

Obviously it's no tolerated, as the statement makes clear. Part of that stand was closed pretty much on police orders (although some will have you believe it's a huge conspiracy aimed at some folk who had season tickets for that area and was all over a single incident where a guy who was a Celtic fan chucked something once).

Obviously it is tolerated or the perpetrators would be shouted down, drowned out and hounded from the stadium. You're even moaning yourself about your fellow pars condoning this sickening chanting so please explain to me how you can say it's not tolerated. 

55 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Still singing about how you'd rather be an "Asian gentleman" than a Par?

No songs or chants featuring any bigoted,  or racist words have been heard from the home support in my 30 years attending starks park. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

It quite clearly isn't.

Looking forward to the "fishing" retort from you though.

It quite clearly is or it wouldn't happen. 

3 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

No songs or chants featuring any bigoted,  or racist words have been heard from the home support in my 30 years attending starks park. 

That song was sung loudly as we were leaving your ground after the first derby last season. Just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Every fanbase has their idiotic element. Surely you know this?