Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If any of you made it along to the supporters council meeting what did you think of the new format? I personally thought it was a productive night with the board going away with quite a few things to consider and hopefully get in place in the short to medium term.

In hindsight it would have been good to have it on the free Saturday although the club hoped to play ICT and may of had a function on but I think Saturdays would be the best attended.

Any other feedback would be welcome as this is constitutionally important for the supporters to hold the board of the football club to account.

21 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I'd only say that it's got more depth due to sheer numbers.

A starting 11 of Murdoch, Williamson, Morris, Ashcroft, Talbot, Higgy, Herron, Geggan, McMullan, Moffat, Clark would absolutely skoosh this current side. That's leaving out the likes of Fordyce,  Cardle, McCabe, Wedderburn who would walk into this team. Then you've got your Lewis Spences, BREs and Gavin Reillys of this world who have went on to better themselves. That's an indictment in itself. Team has went back in 2 years and with a bigger budget.

The four players in bold are still at the club so are part of the side they would also apparently skoosh? Also Herron, Wederburn and Talbot are playing in lower divisions and I don't think anyone was all that desperate to keep a hold of Herron or Wederburn, Talbot wasn't a huge disappointment to see him leave. McCabe, Fordyce and Cardle are all about the same as the players we have just now although an on song Joe is a thing of beauty. Was anyone that upset when McMullan, Spence or Reilly left, I don't recall that anyway.

Morris and Ashcroft were a solid paring and Clark knew where the back of the net was and Moffat was a clever player but I don't think we realistically could have kept any of them when they were offered better terms else where. On paper our current side is decent for what ever reason its not working at the moment, I'm sure we all hope it clicks into place sooner rather than later.

40 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

If any of you made it along to the supporters council meeting what did you think of the new format? I personally thought it was a productive night with the board going away with quite a few things to consider and hopefully get in place in the short to medium term.

In hindsight it would have been good to have it on the free Saturday although the club hoped to play ICT and may of had a function on but I think Saturdays would be the best attended.

Any other feedback would be welcome as this is constitutionally important for the supporters to hold the board of the football club to account.

I appreciate I wasn't at the event so I won't comment on that side of things, and you've already commented on potentially using a Saturday. As another suggestion I'd love to see them advertised more, I knew it was happening due to posting on here and seing .net but I didn't see it pushed on our social media at all which has the widest reach out of all our channels. 

My worry is these events stop happening due to lack of interest, we shouldn't take them for granted. And with the amount of effort put in by people to get them arranged with giving up spare time it's a tragedy there isn't a bigger uptake. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

I appreciate I wasn't at the event so I won't comment on that side of things, and you've already commented on potentially using a Saturday. As another suggestion I'd love to see them advertised more, I knew it was happening due to posting on here and seing .net but I didn't see it pushed on our social media at all which has the widest reach out of all our channels. 

My worry is these events stop happening due to lack of interest, we shouldn't take them for granted. And with the amount of effort put in by people to get them arranged with giving up spare time it's a tragedy there isn't a bigger uptake. 

Thanks for getting back to me Grant, I will speak with the guys and see why is want pushed on the official streams. I can pretty much guarantee that as long as there is a club then these meetings will take place because like I said the supporters have to hold the board to account.

The meeting at the end of the season is always well attended as the manager is there and after all we are a football club, however we will look at other ways to attract people into the stadium to speak their opinions. I'm looking at ways of hosting some kind of online session however this might take time to find a way that suits all parties. I assume you would find this of more use due to your location?

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

. I'm looking at ways of hosting some kind of online session however this might take time to find a way that suits all parties. I assume you would find this of more use due to your location?

Fair play if you manage that but I'd imagine it would be incredibly difficult to have it organised, even in such a way that you only had Pars fans in it asking genuine questions and not random punters from other teams. 

I'd love it if it was possible but I can appreciate the limitations, in the past streaming wasn't avaliable during the meetings due to some information wanting to be kept in the room as such? 

I doff my metaphorical cap to those putting in the time and effort to try and keep fans informed, can't be forgetting just how much in the dark we were before. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Fair play if you manage that but I'd imagine it would be incredibly difficult to have it organised, even in such a way that you only had Pars fans in it asking genuine questions and not random punters from other teams. 

I'd love it if it was possible but I can appreciate the limitations, in the past streaming wasn't avaliable during the meetings due to some information wanting to be kept in the room as such? 

I doff my metaphorical cap to those putting in the time and effort to try and keep fans informed, can't be forgetting just how much in the dark we were before. 

Cheers Grant, who knows if there perfect way is out there but I'll try and find it. If it did happen there would have to be some moderation were as yesterday people could and did ask exactly what they wanted.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not having any revisionism over Gavin Reilly. He was given plenty of chances here and was atrocious.

Also the pluralising of players is awful chat.

Show me where I said differently?

Never been all that keen on McArthur tbh, he seemed very trigger happy when it came to releasing statements condemning our own fans and closing certain sections of the ground to appease others (just to clarify I do not sit there). Now he expects us to come along and meekly accept a shite season chucking money in every week for his neebur in the dugout to squander on bench warmers?! He literally says we might need to write a season off despite us enduring two seasons in which we have effectively done that due to awful management and winless runs. Well it's a big old no thanks from me Ross lad. 

10 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I liked McMullan. 

Me too, although he was very frustrating. I think he's a quality player but isn't consistent enough.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It was only really winding up Hawk to be honest.

I think that's probably why he said "fan" singular.

2 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Never been all that keen on McArthur tbh, he seemed very trigger happy when it came to releasing statements condemning our own fans and closing certain sections of the ground to appease others (just to clarify I do not sit there). Now he expects us to come along and meekly accept a shite season chucking money in every week for his neebur in the dugout to squander on bench warmers?! He literally says we might need to write a season off despite us enduring two seasons in which we have effectively done that due to awful management and winless runs. Well it's a big old no thanks from me Ross lad. 

I agree somewhat with this. They keep wanting to talk about how close we were to going bust and obviously that was a terrible time but we surely have to move on at some point? As Ross claims we have an advantage over other clubs in this division; pleading poverty doesn't really work.

They talk about us "belonging" in the top flight but the manager is not under any pressure when we're miles away from the title picture? Or was talking about the top flight and fighting for promotion just a way to shill season tickets?

15 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Poet pointed out earlier on the thread that since we got promoted we've only won 3 games when we've lost the 1st goal.  Absolute bottlejobs.

Exactly. Only the win at Tannadice was even impressive as well, with the other two coming in home bankers that we almost fucked up.

Watch us come from behind to win today now that I've said that...

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

3 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Nah the statements about the homophobic chanting were spot on and only an absolute p***k would say otherwise.

Folk annoyed about the statements telling fans that homophobic chanting is unacceptable are arseholes.

Anyway, sack the board.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Hi Pars. Falkirk fan here. Just wondering how James Craigen and Myles Hippolyte are doing for you?

Cheers x

Myles Hippolyte is not a footballer. The boy is seriously absolute shite.