Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I am genuinely amazed and surprised that AJ is going to manage us against Ross County, can't help but get the feeling that the board have utterly fucked it with that two year deal. 

Somewhat bizarrely he is in the process of signing an extension.  Another year by all accounts. 

42 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Somewhat bizarrely he is in the process of signing an extension.  Another year by all accounts. 

Heard that rumour that as Crawford doesn't want to move back to Dundee that Neilson is instead coming here. The logic is infallible really. 

Just so you are aware that this Thursday (the 22nd) at 7pm is the Supporters Council meeting in the purvis suite at EEP. It's a slightly rejigged format so would love for you all to come along and try it out.

Ross will be giving a short presentation and then we will be moving into separate tables, each with a director or two sat at the tables. They will welcome your questions, suggestions and observations on that tables topic. There will be enough time to visit all the tables but if you only have a question regarding say "the future and aspirations of DAFC" then you can head to that table ask your question and then head away if you so wish or visit all the tables and take in what are the hot topics.

As this is a new format to the meeting it would be great if you have any feedback after the meeting to either post here or PM me. Look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

Also worth adding that unlike other meetings were I have summarised the main points I won't be able to do this across the meeting but I expect a short report to be issued following the event. The manager wasn't due to attending this meeting and will not be in attendance however almost the entire board of the football club as well as the board of the holding company and a representative of our SLO's will be in attendance.

On 17/11/2018 at 17:52, Adam101 said:

Just so you are aware that this Thursday (the 22nd) at 7pm is the Supporters Council meeting in the purvis suite at EEP. It's a slightly rejigged format so would love for you all to come along and try it out.

Ross will be giving a short presentation and then we will be moving into separate tables, each with a director or two sat at the tables. They will welcome your questions, suggestions and observations on that tables topic. There will be enough time to visit all the tables but if you only have a question regarding say "the future and aspirations of DAFC" then you can head to that table ask your question and then head away if you so wish or visit all the tables and take in what are the hot topics.

As this is a new format to the meeting it would be great if you have any feedback after the meeting to either post here or PM me. Look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

Also worth adding that unlike other meetings were I have summarised the main points I won't be able to do this across the meeting but I expect a short report to be issued following the event. The manager wasn't due to attending this meeting and will not be in attendance however almost the entire board of the football club as well as the board of the holding company and a representative of our SLO's will be in attendance.

Won't be able to make the meeting but interested in seeing how this pans out.

My question is "Why has the club not parted ways with Allan Johnston?" I'm not even joking; would genuinely like to know the answer. 

Genuinely the hope is that its civil but hard questions are asked. We hoped that making the groups smaller, people would be able to raise their own questions to the directors, I wouldn't stand up in a room of 100 to ask the board or the owners of the ground if there are plans in place for a standing area but this style will be far better for that I feel as you can have far more back and forward.

I would be amazed if no one asks a similar question to why is the manager still in place, however I'm not sure what the answer can or will be they are his employer but I don't know so if you can get along and ask the question.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why two year deal?

13 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Won't be able to make the meeting but interested in seeing how this pans out.

My question is "Why has the club not parted ways with Allan Johnston?" I'm not even joking; would genuinely like to know the answer. 

These two questions are the ones I'd be most interested in hearing. They're the ones most relevant with regards to the boards footballing decisions regarding the club. 

I still don't get why on earth we didn't hold this meet the board night on the free Saturday just gone, stands to reason you'd get more people turning upto them, as it is you'll get the same people as per, brilliant. 

I'll be making the trip upto Dingwall on Saturday, all the while in absolute disbelief that AJ will still be employed by DAFC. 

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/17233464.pars-chairman-ross-mcarthur-remarks-on-five-years-at-east-end-park/

Interview with Ross McArhur, doesn't seem like AJ is close to being punted tbh. 

I can't help but feel he's really overplayed how young this squad is, like massively so. 

Looking at our starting lineup and the only young player in it was Keena really, even the subs we've brought in aren't really young guys. 

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/17233464.pars-chairman-ross-mcarthur-remarks-on-five-years-at-east-end-park/

Interview with Ross McArhur, doesn't seem like AJ is close to being punted tbh. 

I can't help but feel he's really overplayed how young this squad is, like massively so. 

Looking at our starting lineup and the only young player in it was Keena really, even the subs we've brought in aren't really young guys. 

Image result for staring into distance gif

Not a very reassuring interview whatsoever. Ramming home the idea that people should be grateful they even have a club five years on is not something that's going to resonate with many Pars fans.

With AJ, it seems like Ross is taking the line I expected; everyone else sacks people too quickly and we're not going to make that mistake. I'd point out that Partick Thistle gave Alan Archibald too long out of loyalty and now they're in an absolute state. Archibald should have been given his jotters long before he did and that's a guy who achieved far more than AJ has.

McArthur also contradicts himself by saying we're behind teams because they have greater resources - but then adds we have an advantage because of the Lifeline fund? It surely can't be both, although I'm sure he was just trying to get out a shot at County and United.

I'm really not a fan of the tone coming out of the club just now tbh. I've put a lot of money into the club in recent years, as have thousands of others and I don't think anyone appreciates being lectured to about putting in more cash when those in charge seem quite happy to just let things drift because "we're lucky to still have a club". Add that to AJ hinting about the fans having an impact on the poor home form and it's not been great PR recently.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm really not a fan of the tone coming out of the club just now tbh. I've put a lot of money into the club in recent years, as have thousands of others and I don't think anyone appreciates being lectured to about putting in more cash when those in charge seem quite happy to just let things drift because "we're lucky to still have a club". Add that to AJ hinting about the fans having an impact on the poor home form and it's not been great PR recently.

My thoughts exactly. I travel from Glasgow to watch us and I've decided not to bother now as I've spent (wasted?) enough money on us this season and I'm not doing it anymore as going to EEP this season has been the football equivalent of attending a Little Mix concert with your daughter: counting down the minutes until you can get the f**k out and get home.