Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I remember thinking McAnespie was worth nowhere near that at the time. His subsequent career down the shitter ultimatlely proved that. It did however provide us funds to build new stands to suit the outrageous 10k criteria the SPL were demanding at the time.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Crazy days indeed. Apparently the bidding started at 500K and jimmy Nic kept saying no, not enough. His bottle crashed at 950K and he grabbed the cash, ended the call and had a strong drink. Allegedly.

Signed 18 months previously on a free

Didn't Dunfermline sell McNamara ( a far better player) for £450k a few weeks later ?

At Starks a few weeks ago me & my son paid £28 as there was no parent/child gate.

You were done then as parent/child prices at Starks are £20 and that applies to all Stands..Problem at Starks is they dont have a turnstile marked specifically for Parent/Child to my knowledge but thats no excuse as the turnstile operator should know the script.

I can't be bothered looking for it, but didn't DAFC place a fair bit of emphasis and optimism on the increased away crowds that December would bring (Boxing Day and New Year fixtures) in a statement they released last month?

Now it's looking like they won't be seeing any away support cash at all from the Boxing Day match v ourselves, that has to be yet another alarming development.

Have to say, I haven't followed this story at all so fully aware that I'm most likely stating the obvious.

I can't be bothered looking for it, but didn't DAFC place a fair bit of emphasis and optimism on the increased away crowds that December would bring (Boxing Day and New Year fixtures) in a statement they released last month?

Now it's looking like they won't be seeing any away support cash at all from the Boxing Day match v ourselves, that has to be yet another alarming development.

How is it that Falkirk are getting to keep the cash? Is it some form of back payment that they are due from before? Quite a surprising move in all honesty. Its hard to really picture how the Pars situation will pan out over the next few weeks. They're expecting a lot from both Falkirk and ourselves. Given the frankly lucrative budgeting for the gates it is difficult to say what to expect. On top of that, you've got a good number of Rovers fans holding off on buying tickets until they make the game pay at the gate. Most fans are more than happy to wait until closer to the time, myself included.

How is it that Falkirk are getting to keep the cash? Is it some form of back payment that they are due from before? Quite a surprising move in all honesty. Its hard to really picture how the Pars situation will pan out over the next few weeks. They're expecting a lot from both Falkirk and ourselves. Given the frankly lucrative budgeting for the gates it is difficult to say what to expect. On top of that, you've got a good number of Rovers fans holding off on buying tickets until they make the game pay at the gate. Most fans are more than happy to wait until closer to the time, myself included.

Money owed from ticket sales from the game at TFS earlier this season, apparently.

Not that it matters now really as they're not seeing the money anyway, but Falkirk will take around 1,000 on Boxing Day. Maybe slightly less, which means that the money Falkirk take in for this fixture won't cover what we're owed.

Money owed from ticket sales from the game at TFS earlier this season, apparently.

Not that it matters now really as they're not seeing the money anyway, but Falkirk will take around 1,000 on Boxing Day. Maybe slightly less, which means that the money Falkirk take in for this fixture won't cover what we're owed.

This be agreed by both clubs and the SFL? Seems a bit of a strange situation if its true

Also if it is im sure the boxing day game was one budgeted for so would push them further into the brown stuff

I wonder if Falkirk are taking all of the cash for the tickets they sell because they played hardball with the negotiations. It sounds like they've been owed money for a massive amount of time and they could be lodging some pretty serious complaints. Every chance they're holding off and keeping all the ticket money as payment.

Either that or the money owed is more than the Pars are going to be able to pay anytime soon and Falkirk are taking the ticket money so that at least they're getting some money in now, as opposed to getting all of it on some undefined date in the future (or never...).

On that note, if it is true kudos to the Rovers board who made the correct decision to go with selling the tickets for the last derby by our own means rather than send them to EEP. While the game should've been announced as pay at the gate quicker, you can only really question the judgement of the police.

I'm really unhappy at this, and I know that Dunfermline fans are mostly disappointed at this themselves. This is looking like being true - the Falkirk Supporters Society would not make comment on it otherwise, so I think we can all just about safely assume that Dunfermline have not paid Falkirk all (or at best some) of the ticket money owed to us from the fixture earlier this season.

Since then Falkirk have had to release a player and our head scout as well as take out a short-term loan to ensure we have enough in the coffers until the new year. Now, to top it all off, we are at the mercy of our own supporters to travel in numbers of Boxing Day to recoup that cash. Really, really poor.

I'm really unhappy at this, and I know that Dunfermline fans are mostly disappointed at this themselves. This is looking like being true - the Falkirk Supporters Society would not make comment on it otherwise, so I think we can all just about safely assume that Dunfermline have not paid Falkirk all (or at best some) of the ticket money owed to us from the fixture earlier this season.

Since then Falkirk have had to release a player and our head scout as well as take out a short-term loan to ensure we have enough in the coffers until the new year. Now, to top it all off, we are at the mercy of our own supporters to travel in numbers of Boxing Day to recoup that cash. Really, really poor.

Can't really argue. We are an absolute disgrace of a club (if rumours are true)

Really don't understand why your club doesn't go public with this. It needs to happen to expose the full extent of how much of a mess we're in......

UNLESS.................both clubs agreed that only the balance of money due after both games would be squared up afterwards? Seems to me to be the only logical reason why Falkirk wouldn't have outed us in the press.....

Edited by da_no_1

is it ticket money that's overdue? If so, why haven't FFC got the SFL involved?

If it's not ticket money, e.g. is it money that FFC would be claiming for damage to the stadium for example, is there a danger that FFC themselves would be witholding ticket money and giving DAFC reason to get the SFL involved?

It does sound like a tawdry situation on our part though, granted.

ETA - a nice clear official statement would be helpful...

Edited by Ronnie Wutherspoon