Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The Arch, who also posts on here, has posted on wearethistle that it will be in the papers in the morning that the Pars players have gone on strike. No more detail than that, seems a bit odd given the wages just going through although tonight's statement may be an effort to preempt that.

Conflicting reports indeed. On another forum a poster bumped into a few of the squad who were said to be delighted that the wages were being paid today. There were rumours of a big story this week. Maybe this is it?

Wait & see.

I fully agree with their strike action over pay - and as has been said, it was inevitable. I'm ashamed of the way this club has treated them, they deserve better. We, like many teams in Scotland, have a proud tradition; that is currently being tarnished by our BoD. However, without saying the players never striked, or the Sun is lying/exaggerating, doesn't the players normally get a Wednesday off anyway? If so, it isn't really a strike as such, is it? Only thing I can think of is they've had Mon/Tues off due to no game this weekend then train Wed till Xmas Eve? Anyway, hopefully in the morning they players have recieved their full balances outstanding and they can get back to doing their job, paying their bills and treating their family to nice Xmas presents.

Edited by dafcburty

I'd imagine if your club has given a statement that all wages have been paid, then they'll have been paid. They won't be wanting egg on their faces over this - from the outside looking in, your board seem to want to put a lid on how bad things are, so for them to say wages have been paid when they haven't wouldn't make any sense. Good on the players for striking though.

Don't even know what I'd think if that were true.

Couldn't say that I blame them but at the same time I'd be fucking raging.

This.

While I wouldn't blame them, they'd be fucking idiots for missing any of the games, we'll have our two biggest gates in the next two games so youd think there salaries would get sorted, if they go on strike the club goes deeper in the mire, they don't get paid and the title challenge is over.

Why now?

I can fully understand it, I'd be raging too, but if there was a time to do it then it was last week.

Edited by Grant228

"Why now?"

Time of the year I'd guess. Also the fact the club's fkd them around considerably with wages recently, you can't blame them.

Matches against Falkirk and Raith won't matter for some players (not saying they aren't committed or anything btw) as their agents will be, if not already, trying to tie up a deal at another club. A mass exodus of any wanted players in Jan, IMO.

McMillan

Falkingham

Cardle

Kirk

Barrowman

They are probably the most likely to go, IMO. Think Gallacher and Jordan would too, but can't see a big scramble to sign them. Hibs, Aberdeen & the 2 Dundee clubs will be ready to pounce, IMO, for any players desperate to leave.

This.

While I wouldn't blame them, they'd be fucking idiots for missing any of the games, we'll have our two biggest gates in the next two games so youd think there salaries would get sorted, if they go on strike the club goes deeper in the mire, they don't get paid and the title challenge is over.

Why now?

I can fully understand it, I'd be raging too, but if there was a time to do it then it was last week.

It could be that they're doing it now(if true) because we don't have a game at the weekend

Noticed a couple of folk mentioning that Paul Goodwin had offered some advice. I'd be slightly wary of his involvement after reading Ewan Murray of the Guardian claiming on Twitter that Goodwin had some sort of involvement in Angelo Massone's bids for St Mirren and Hearts.