Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Am I right in saying, regarding JJ's comments....

The players did not strike, but a lot of them weren't motivated so they were told to go home until they got their pay? I'm not blaming the players, whether they striked or not, I'm just trying to understand the situation fully.

"We were scheduled to have a training session yesterday but we decided to change the schedule until matters at the Club were cleared up and the players were free to concentrate on training for the Falkirk game. I would like to assure the fans that the players were back in training today and they wouldn't want the fans thinking they would take that kind of action."

So, essentially, a Jim Jefferies-led strike because they never got their wages.

Edited by ihavecandygetinthevan

We could argue over whether or not it was technically a strike 'till we're blue in the face but one thing that's not up for debate is the statement does not contain good news. The fact the players weren't motivated enough to train is not a good thing. In fact, it's fucking awful news.

Any smugness by Dunfermline fans over this statement is entirely misplaced. You'd have to be a bit of fucking moron to see it as a positive outcome.

Edited by Jimmy85

We could argue over whether or not it was technically a strike 'till we're blue in the face but one thing that's not up for debate is the statement does not contain good news. The fact the players weren't motivated enough to train is not a good thing. In fact, it's fucking awful news.

Any smugness by Dunfermline fans over this statement is entirely misplaced. You'd have to be a bit of fucking moron to see it as a positive outcome.

If that comment is directed at me than let me just say my attitude towards it is i knew the papers were lying out of their ass. as for whether is not its a positive situation of course it is not.

I'd trust the word of the Arch off here ahead of anything Masterton said about the situation.

Word. To quote bob Dylan, Their ain't no easy way outta here, said the joker to the thief.

Obviously i don't know the parties :(

Yeah he always seemed like a decent poster. Though my opinion of him did drop dramatically when I read this article.

OUTRAGE!!11!!!

If he writes for the sun, fair enough. I thought I knew him but it was some other scribe. Bottom line shitty journalism. How are Dunfermline doing?

It isn't smugness or happyness about the situation, it's more relief that the players aren't on strike and they aren't going to miss any games and incur us a poins and financial deduction.

I can't blame the players at all, but training isn't the same as playing on game day, and come the Falkirk game I reckon they'll be there usual professional selfs.

I'd trust the word of the Arch off here ahead of anything Masterton said about the situation.

I'm neither here nor there, while it's blatantly obvious Masteron is a lying c**t it doesn't mean everything he says will be a lie, similarly everything Arch says won't be correct, and since the players were at training today I'd say that there not on strike.