Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Tam McManus saying Hippo back to Falkirk and we might be looking at Lewis Allan from Hibs. He played for us during that awful league 1 season, how exciting.

Lewis Allan and Todorov. That's depressing. 

20 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Oddly I think Aird comes across as the type of person that would want to play for the bigger club rather than the club that are currently higher in the league, probably an ex OF thing. Apparently he wasn't shy of reminding people he used to play for Rangers during his spell with Falkirk. I thought Dundee Utd asked everyone to move within 25 miles of Dundee or something? No matter, we're probably not going to get him.

Aye that was under Lazlo but Neilson got rid of it (because it was a load of bollocks).

18 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Tam McManus saying Hippo back to Falkirk and we might be looking at Lewis Allan from Hibs. He played for us during that awful league 1 season, how exciting.

Not bothered about Hippolyte (who would definitely score against us should it happen) but Lewis Allan :lol:

How is he even still at Hibs?

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

What's Paul George doing these days ?

Probably not still a footballer. 

Anyway, Gozie Ugwu is surely the next name.

I said they don't care at our level, as really there's little difference at our level. Higher up I'm sure they'd rather chose say, Hibs over Hamilton, but in the Championship, what's the big difference between ourselves and Queen of the South, especially if it's going to be a short term deal? You have to remember as well that most players are likely to be Sevco or Celtic fans, so their knowledge of teams at our level will be minimum at best.

I'm not sure that a player will see that we were good in the 1960s and decide that we're the club for them over another (full time) team in the league.

Edited by DA Baracus

Anyway, folk might need to temper their expectations should any signings be made, as the quality of player available at this time of year will not be the best anyway due to the very reasons they're available.

We're also most likely competing with numerous clubs for the same players. A very tough time to be making big improvements to your squad rather than signing one or two to add to the overall strength.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I said they don't care at our level, as really there's little difference at our level. Higher up I'm sure they'd rather chose say, Hibs over Hamilton, but in the Championship, what's the big difference between ourselves and Queen of the South, especially if it's going to be a short term deal? You have to remember as well that most players are likely to be Sevco or Celtic fans, so their knowledge of teams at our level will be minimum at best.

I'm not sure that a player will see that we were good in the 1960s and decide that we're the club for them over another (full time) team in the league.

I'm not saying it makes sense but plenty of players will be swayed by bigger crowds, a nicer stadium and better training facilities. I'd imagine ego comes into it.

We're being linked with some absolute stinkers btw. Getting my ticket for the relegation express and hoping to finally tick off Peterhead next season.

Squad for this weekends game with Ross Co 01/02/2019

Ryan Scully: Ryan Williamson, Gregor Buchanan (c), Lewis Martin, Stuart Urquhart, Andy Geggan, Kyle McAusland, Ryan Thomson, David Hopkirk, Lewis Allan, Andy Barrowman.
SUBS: Michael Moffat, Josh Falkingham, Lewis Spence, Paul George, Jim Paterson, Allan Smith, Ryan Goodfellow (GK)