Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Look at the waste of money this season. Four goalkeepers, three left wingers who can’t get a game. There’s no way Ayr could afford to waste cash like that. Last season we swapped an entire midfield half way through. We’ve got at least double the cash Ayr has. Remember the Moffat signing?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13163123.ayr-left-baffled-by-moffat-move/

We are completely outspending them.

There was a large turnover of players in the summer, with the top earners leaving as well. That will be how signings were made.

The signing of Scully co-incided with the winning streak. Could be one of the most important signings of the season.

Ayr have the same size of squad as us, and 4 of our players are loans.

The Moffat signing was years ago.

You've went from Ayr having a third of our budget to only half now.

What's our budget and what's Ayr's?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Inventing things again. What record does Davidson have as a manager?

And why are you avoiding the losses? Why does he get credit for the wins but none of the blame for the loss?

I’m pretty certain Stevie will get the job next season as it’s the cheap option. Hope I’m wrong. Davidson doesn’t have much of a record as a manager but as a coach he has a great one. The structure is wrong at our club and I’m hoping that we brought in Davidson to step up with an assistant or to be the assistant/coach to ideally someone like Hopkin or Goodwin.

We should be a premiership club and need value for money. We’ve not had it for years. Better to spend more money on a decent manager than rebuild the team twice and replace Stevie a few months into next season. Potter mark two.

There was a large turnover of players in the summer, with the top earners leaving as well. That will be how signings were made.
The signing of Scully co-incided with the winning streak. Could be one of the most important signings of the season.

The figure being mentioned by our supporters and I think it was confirmed by our chairmen was £500,000 for this season but I believe Shanklands wage is separate and is being paid by Cameron and another director.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Stop trying so hard and accept that we have been horribly mismanaged since Calderwood. McCall would get more out of our budget than AJ and Crawford. That’s just my opinion. We also have a much bigger budget, my guess is x3ish. We have more season ticket holders than they get through the gates most weeks plus the centenary fund. In league one we probably outspent half the championship it wasn’t really any sort of accomplishment.

How come you don’t acknowledge any of McCalls achievements? Stephen Bell at centre half, Geggan, Mark Kerr. They’re on peanuts.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The figure being mentioned by our supporters and I think it was confirmed by our chairmen was £500,000 for this season but I believe Shanklands wage is separate and is being paid by Cameron and another director.

We get over £200k from centenary club alone do we not? Add to that 3000 season tickets and the lifeline donations.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Stop trying so hard and accept that we have been horribly mismanaged since Calderwood. McCall would get more out of our budget than AJ and Crawford. That’s just my opinion. We also have a much bigger budget, my guess is x3ish. We have more season ticket holders than they get through the gates most weeks plus the centenary fund. In league one we probably outspent half the championship it wasn’t really any sort of accomplishment.

How come you don’t acknowledge any of McCalls achievements? Stephen Bell at centre half, Geggan, Mark Kerr. They’re on peanuts.

Trying hard at what? Facts?

On the field we were pretty well managed by McIntyre, until his attempt the SPL. Johnston managed us well until his poor transfer window in the summer and was rightly punted.

You'll have seen the accounts that show the small profit the club make. They're not swimming in cash. Not all of the cash goes on the player budget. East End will cost far more to maintain than Somerset for example.

McCall's achievements? Plural? What are they?

I mentioned in a post previously that he's had a very good season this year. But I also pointed out that he's done nothing before that. To me it doesn't suggest he would get more out of the budget.

Johnston has a great record of outspending the competition in league one then getting found out in the championship.

I don’t see any of that as an an achievement. He did better than the guy who relegated us twice and shouted at youth players to weak to compete physically.

Achievements aren’t always winning titles but getting teams promoted on lower budgets is more impressive. Livingston are well run, as are ICT, I know for a fact their budget was slashed yet they’ve finished top four and got to a semi final. That’s good management. Shaun Rooney and Brad Mackay. Value for money. Getting the best out of very little. We’ve been the opposite for years. Wasting money on dross and trying to shoehorn players into systems that don’t work. It’s infuriating.

19 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Johnston has a great record of outspending the competition in league one then getting found out in the championship.

I don’t see any of that as an an achievement. He did better than the guy who relegated us twice and shouted at youth players to weak to compete physically.

Achievements aren’t always winning titles but getting teams promoted on lower budgets is more impressive. Livingston are well run, as are ICT, I know for a fact their budget was slashed yet they’ve finished top four and got to a semi final. That’s good management. Shaun Rooney and Brad Mackay. Value for money. Getting the best out of very little. We’ve been the opposite for years. Wasting money on dross and trying to shoehorn players into systems that don’t work. It’s infuriating.

Unless Shaun Rooney is paying ICT for the privilege of playing then he is in no way value for money.

Rooney and Bell I get. Rooney looked out his depth the first time with Dunfermline and hasn’t looked great anytime I’ve seen him this season. Bell was a promising midfielder before his horror injury now converted to a centre back at Stranraer. You don’t expect much from them.

Kerr on the other hand has had a pretty good career and is only hated by Dundee Utd fans for one back pass in a cup final. He’s strolled through games this season at 37 which isn’t easy despite the standard of this league. We’ve got a squad full of castoffs and jobbers but I wouldn’t rank Kerr amongst them.

I loved Mark Kerr when he was at EEP but he wasn’t popular with most fans sadly. I remember just watching him during an away game at Aberdeen because he never lost the ball once - yes it was that dull a match.

Shaun Rooney though FFS. I know D.A.F.C gets hysterical at the best of times but imagine having that post associated with yourself for ever. Why not just add “Parody Account” as your bio?

I loved Mark Kerr when he was at EEP but he wasn’t popular with most fans sadly. I remember just watching him during an away game at Aberdeen because he never lost the ball once - yes it was that dull a match.

Shaun Rooney though FFS. I know D.A.F.C gets hysterical at the best of times but imagine having that post associated with yourself for ever. Why not just add “Parody Account” as your bio?

Correct me if I’m wrong but did Shaun Rooney not get utterly humiliated away at Airdrie in the 15-16 season that prompted the signing of Craig Reid?

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Johnston didn't have a 'great record' of outspending teams in League 1. He had a single season where that happened. Did you want him to go to the board and demand the budget be cut to the league average? Incidentally your precious McCall has won League 1 whilst outspending the opposition.

Johnston had 2 decent seasons in the Championship. Ultimately he found himself out. He wasn't found out by the league. He did himself in.

I know you like to ignore points and twist things, so I'l state it clearly; Johnston was not perfect and had his faults, which ultimately saw him deservedly sacked. But he had definitely dragged us up to a level far above where we were.

Brad McKay? The same Brad McKay Johnston signed? Why wasn't that a good signing for him? Last season our defence was the best in the league. Given the players in it, that was definitely value for money.

We simply haven't been the opposite for years. That would suggest that there have been no good signings at all. That's not true. All clubs will sign players who don't work, but you seem to be making out that we're the only ones doing it.

You've went massively over the top here and with your posts last night.

AJ did the same with QOTS.
He only pulled us up because JJ was even more incompetent.
I also never said we didn't have good signings just that it took about three goes to get one good one whereas other teams don't have that luxury.