Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Unless his legs have completely gone, I'd be very happy with this signing.

Hugely experienced with St Johnstone and while he's probably past his peak, we wouldn't have a chance of getting a guy like him otherwise. That signing would be a positive start indeed to the summer recruitment.

Perhaps he's coming in as a coach though? Would be logical that Davidson would have recommended him.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

He’s definitely past his peak. Can’t see him being good enough for St Johnstone in the top flight again, so can see him dropping to this level permanently now.

Had some mistakes in him, but in general was still a good signing for us though, and I’d be happy to have him back at Firhill next season.

We have only have three centre halves just now, if you include Anderson, and one of those is being heavily linked with a move away.

I'm not ITK at all but I'd be surprised if we were to let him go for nothing in that situation. If we sign up another one then that might change.

Hes 12 months left on his deal, but hes obviously a legend at the club and I doubt we'd make it awkward if he wanted to leave and we felt like we had enough cover.

Think with those season ticket prices they've finally pushed me away. This was a miserable season and the mate that I went with for many years had chosen not to renew and isn't likely to come back for the forthcoming one either. Will see what the recruitment is like this summer but I imagine the football will remain exactly the same under these guys.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We have only have three centre halves just now, if you include Anderson, and one of those is being heavily linked with a move away.

I'm not ITK at all but I'd be surprised if we were to let him go for nothing in that situation. If we sign up another one then that might change.

Hes 12 months left on his deal, but hes obviously a legend at the club and I doubt we'd make it awkward if he wanted to leave and we felt like we had enough cover.

On my suggestion of a coaching position, would he be likely to have something in his deal that would allow him to leave for a non-playing role?

1 minute ago, JamieStevenson said:

Think with those season ticket prices they've finally pushed me away. This was a miserable season and the mate that I went with for many years had chosen not to renew and isn't likely to come back for the forthcoming one either. Will see what the recruitment is like this summer but I imagine the football will remain exactly the same under these guys.

Can totally understand that but I'd say give them a chance. Yesterday's statement tells you what sort of situation we're in so getting rid of the manager is definitely not an immediate priority.

If they make significant changes to the playing staff and actually look to drastically alter our style then I'll be willing to give it time. I'd actually love us to try and play a discount bin version of the way Sheffield United set-up, with overlapping defenders and rapid passing. It can go badly wrong but is great to watch.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

On my suggestion of a coaching position, would he be likely to have something in his deal that would allow him to leave for a non-playing role?

I wouldnt think so, he was still playing regularly for us when he signed the deal hes on. Was only really the first half of this season where hes dropped out of things.

We tried to sign a CH on a PCA already, so I think he will be allowed to leave this window, but only after we've confirmed that deal. But that's just guesswork on my part.

3 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Thought Anderson was out of contract this summer?

Signed a two year deal at the end of last season.

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm not sure if he's embarked on his coaching badges or not. Would certainly fit the 'mentor' bill though - he's our highest ever appearance maker, most successful player and a former captain, albeit he didn't exactly thrive when he had that responsibility.

You can never be sure about ageing players as he now is but I think he'll do well for Dunfermline. A good player and a good egg.

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Can totally understand that but I'd say give them a chance. Yesterday's statement tells you what sort of situation we're in so getting rid of the manager is definitely not an immediate priority.

If they make significant changes to the playing staff and actually look to drastically alter our style then I'll be willing to give it time. I'd actually love us to try and play a discount bin version of the way Sheffield United set-up, with overlapping defenders and rapid passing. It can go badly wrong but is great to watch.

That's all I ask for, a style that makes it look we're actually trying and can turn in some good games in the process. No doubt about it getting results is great, but if I'm paying a lot of money to watch something I'd at least want to be slightly entertained by it as well. Which I wasn't  this season apart from maybe 1 or 2 games.

25 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

That's all I ask for, a style that makes it look we're actually trying and can turn in some good games in the process. No doubt about it getting results is great, but if I'm paying a lot of money to watch something I'd at least want to be slightly entertained by it as well. Which I wasn't  this season apart from maybe 1 or 2 games.

It was awful viewing but that's football.  If you support a club like Dunfermline I can be hit or miss. 

The thing that keeps me going back is the hope of better next year. I know I will never pack it in now unless there was a major change in the product or personal life.

In terms of cost I would say Pars have been a charging less than most clubs our size for a while. I don't think the rises are too unreasonable but everybody has their red lines set at different levels I guess.

Edited by Chubbychops

45 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

There is no way next season can be half as dull as this season at EEP. 

...........surley

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

In terms of cost I would say Pars have been a charging less than most clubs our size for a while. I don't think the rises are too unreasonable but everybody has their red lines set at different levels I guess.

If people pay it then they were justified to charge it.

If the team is shite then it won't really matter though as the casual fans will continue to stay away.