Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He knows about our financial situation and is willing to sign on amateur terns. If we ever get any money for him, he'll get a % of the fee. I've heard this from 3 or 4 people now. Also, he scored 56 goals in 30 games last season in the Norweigan 3rd Division.

Can't afford to pay current players. Solution - sign more players.

If they were offloading the high earners like Kirk and Gallacher then I could understand bringing in someone who will be a lot cheaper that has sell on value (like this player potentially has), however there is no hint that either of them are leaving. Hrivnak has proven to be a stable replacement for Gall when needed and Kirk contribution this season has been one goal against Dumbarton, apart from that he has been very poor.

He knows about our financial situation and is willing to sign on amateur terns. If we ever get any money for him, he'll get a % of the fee. I've heard this from 3 or 4 people now. Also, he scored 56 goals in 30 games last season in the Norweigan 3rd Division.

One problem with that, how do we get a transfer fee for an amateur?

I hope Kirk leaves in this transfer window as he serves no purpose to us anymore as Barrowman and Wallace are better players.

However whether he would be willing to leave the club i doubt, as i can't see another side signing him for the same terms that he's on at Dunfermline.

If he's on amateur terms won't he get 100% of the fee (ie. a signing on fee)if he impresses & moves elsewhere?

This is baffling as even as an amatuer Pars will be paying his expenses, ie accommodation, meals etc, and most likely bringing him over from Norway?

At the very least its a good way of pissing of fans of other teams who were perhaps feeling a bit of sympathy for your plight.

(& yes I include myself in that)

If he's on amateur terms won't he get 100% of the fee (ie. a signing on fee)if he impresses & moves elsewhere?

This is baffling as even as an amatuer Pars will be paying his expenses, ie accommodation, meals etc, and most likely bringing him over from Norway?

At the very least its a good way of pissing of fans of other teams who were perhaps feeling a bit of sympathy for your plight.

Just a thought - maybe JJ already knows a few of our players are on their way & he is trying to plug the gap with (very) cheap alternatives?

Sorry for pissing you off - I thought we had already done that 3 times this season :P

You mean to say we'll piss of a few Rovers fans?

Hope we shove the Norwegian Messi in a mansion and feed him nothing but the Marks and Sparks finestcool.gif

Interesting development.

It appears to me that the timing of Mastertons decision to pay the arrears due to HMRC is suspect to say the least. It looks like a last gasp attempt to get the fans on his side. It would have worked a whole lot better if he'd paid our staff what they're due as well.

Hopefully people see right through this.

if Dunfermline were on a payment plan with HMRC they may well have defaulted on payments resulting in HMRC giving the club an ultimatum ,pay up or wound up hence masterton forking out.reading the statement on payment of players wages puts the the rumours of players not having been paid their whole wages for september,wont be paid this month and talk of a major bust up on saturday prior to the airdrie game to bed then.