Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What kind of midfielder is Cochrane? Attacking, defensive or just general all-round a bit like Super Joe Thomson? 

All rounder, Scott Brown singled him out for some of his treatment meaning Celtic saw him as a threat, great couple of players to bring in

Think it's a good move from us to get these boys a loan, but from a selfish point of view i'd have preferred it to be til January and then reassess as I think they could both be in our first team.  Cochrane needs a run of games as he's had a few niggles but once he's up to speed he should really stand out quality wise in that league.

McDonald is excellent.  Technically superb, great first touch and is quick and a goal threat.  Hope they both do well.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

@Poet of the Macabre Just caught your sig and notice your scores for star man- how are you putting that together? You probably explained it at the start of the season but i’ve certainly forgotten if you have.

Started it from the first league match. Basically, any Pars fans can post on this thread or DM me their picks for top 3 players after a game. I add up all the nominations and award 3 points to the player who ranks highest, 2 to the guy who comes second etc.

Nominations open at full time and close when the next Pars game kicks off. I won't be including next week's game with Alloa though because it's the diddy cup.

Harry cochrane is an absolutely tremendous addition! SC and GS have really pulled the cat out of the bag here. May well get slaughtered but hes the best midfielder at this level bar peter pawlett imo. Extremely excited to see him in a pars jersey,its made my friday [emoji16]

Think it's a good move from us to get these boys a loan, but from a selfish point of view i'd have preferred it to be til January and then reassess as I think they could both be in our first team.  Cochrane needs a run of games as he's had a few niggles but once he's up to speed he should really stand out quality wise in that league.
McDonald is excellent.  Technically superb, great first touch and is quick and a goal threat.  Hope they both do well.

Effectively is a loan until January, as there’s an option to recall and re-assess.

25 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There's a recall option in January. 

25 minutes ago, derekk164 said:

Harry cochrane is an absolutely tremendous addition! SC and GS have really pulled the cat out of the bag here. May well get slaughtered but hes the best midfielder at this level bar peter pawlett imo. Extremely excited to see him in a pars jersey,its made my friday emoji16.png

Settle. 

Settle. 
Excitement regarding a potentially excellent signing? Imagine that! I hasten to add that after suffering through the dross of every home and away game last season under AJ (and yes attending every one bar inverness away) that im entitled to an opinion. This is a forum after all.

41 minutes ago, derekk164 said:
51 minutes ago, DAFC. said:
Settle. 

Excitement regarding a potentially excellent signing? Imagine that! I hasten to add that after suffering through the dross of every home and away game last season under AJ (and yes attending every one bar inverness away) that im entitled to an opinion. This is a forum after all.

If you get that easily offended m8 then you will not last long.

If everyone is entitled to an opinion then DAFC can think your optimism is excessive, no?

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Two potentially fantastic signings. I’m particularly excited by Cochrane. Can’t really remember how McDonald got on at ICT.

McDonald did well for us though I am surprised that Robbo didn't use him more often. He was much better than that big lump McCauley. McDonald came on against you guys in the 1-0 game in March (?) but we didn't seem to know how best to play him and he looked a bit lost. Spent most of his time for us on the right wing and turned in some good performances when he did get going and scored a great goal v Morton (see below). I was hoping we'd make moves to get him back this season but that never happened for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

I'll admit I'm not the Championships leading expert, but if Peter Pawlett is the competition then Harry Cochrane is the best midfielder in the league. 

Pawlett doesn't even start for the Arabs. The boy who posted that is either pished out his heed or Peter Pawlett.