Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Might be controversial, a lot of people seem to rate him, but I think Nisbet’s overrated so far. Did well against lower league diddies in the league cup, but struggled in the league.

He’s had many chances but about 75-80% of them, he’s failed to work the keeper. For me, his finishing has been very poor and today was another example of this. Should have buried the chance in the first minute, but didn’t even hit the target. Another one he hit the bar and he had another one or 2 that didn’t trouble the keeper at all.

8 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Might be controversial, a lot of people seem to rate him, but I think Nisbet’s overrated so far. Did well against lower league diddies in the league cup, but struggled in the league.

He’s had many chances but about 75-80% of them, he’s failed to work the keeper. For me, his finishing has been very poor and today was another example of this. Should have buried the chance in the first minute, but didn’t even hit the target. Another one he hit the bar and he had another one or 2 that didn’t trouble the keeper at all.

Might just be a lack of confidence? Seems to be endemic throughout the team.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Josh Edwards looks decent at full back.

Trying to look for a positive, walking out the ground all anyone could hear was the young kids asking for autographs. Nobody and I mean nobody acknowledged the team at all.

Worst I've ever seen it. Total apathy.

Is it really? 

I mean leaving the ground. I was young during the jocky scott years but that felt the same. Turning up knowing it's going to be awful and no real hope of it getting better.

Not my impression at all. I was actually tempted to post about how reaction at games is a lot more positive than that online. I get the feeling a lot more people than would originally appear are on board with the idea it’s a young team that are using this season to learn before hopefully kicking on and that all is required to do that is staying up. Baring a handful of boos after the cally game and a few shouts at Arbroath I’m struggling to think of any negative reaction, when you consider in contrast only last week the Crawford song was back in use it’s not much at all.

There was a lot more anger under Jeffries, kenny hay and Johnston.

General apathy more apparent under leishman, potter and McIntyre’s spl season.

Not my impression at all. I was actually tempted to post about how reaction at games is a lot more positive than that online. I get the feeling a lot more people than would originally appear are on board with the idea it’s a young team that are using this season to learn before hopefully kicking on and that all is required to do that is staying up. Baring a handful of boos after the cally game and a few shouts at Arbroath I’m struggling to think of any negative reaction, when you consider in contrast only last week the Crawford song was back in use it’s not much at all.

There was a lot more anger under Jeffries, kenny hay and Johnston.

General apathy more apparent under leishman, potter and McIntyre’s spl season.
Dont agree at all. It was 10 school kids nobody clapped or even looked at the team. A guy two seats along from me brought a book to the game ffs.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I mean leaving the ground. I was young during the jocky scott years but that felt the same. Turning up knowing it's going to be awful and no real hope of it getting better.

Ah ok, get you.

Although my first game was in 1990 I don't recall it and indeed only started going to games regularly in 93/94 when Paton was in charge, meaning I'm a lucky b*****d! 

Paton is such a fuckin god. I mind a few years back (must have been 13/14 or the season after) me and a couple of mates were in that bowling club in Ayr that's right beside Somerset and we sat down at a big table that Bert was at. I sat there like a wee lassie too stunned by this utter hero to say a word.

A fuckin king of a man

Paton's teams were rarely easily beaten. His best signing, Andy Smith, exemplified this. He would fight all game for everything. Paton also had Tod and McCathie at the back and those guys would give everything for the club. McCathie's appearance record will never be beaten. Paton had so many utter legends playing for him. McCathie, Petrie, Tod, Westie, Robertson, French, Moore, Smith, Fleming. Incredible and everyone who saw that team will probably never see their like again.

Paton's teams were rarely easily beaten. His best signing, Andy Smith, exemplified this. He would fight all game for everything. Paton also had Tod and McCathie at the back and those guys would give everything for the club. McCathie's appearance record will never be beaten. Paton had so many utter legends playing for him. McCathie, Petrie, Tod, Westie, Robertson, French, Moore, Smith, Fleming. Incredible and everyone who saw that team will probably never see their like again.
First game I went to was 1999 so missed out on Paton's team(s). Totally get and understand why they are held in such high esteem.

Paton's teams were scoring machines. No over thinking, just knew what players were needed for each role. Physical teams but great to watch too.

I was a teenager/early 20's back then and was lucky to grow up with those Pars teams. Drinking in Sinkies before the game, packed cage and great atmosphere in old style East end. Sadly missed bygone era now.

Can’t remember the last time I seen a Pars team be organised with everyone having a strict role and players bouncing off each other’s own game plan. Maybe 2010/11 season under McIntyre, with some exceptional football to boot.

Sigh.

Also, 2003-04 Pars team was well better than Paton’s.

I think we played under paton in a similar way to Livingston now. Brutal hard working but with some good wee players.

We made the best of what we had.

Fucking nonsense. Paton's Pars were attacking as f**k and actually did have soem good defenders. A great team that deservedly finished 5th in the Premier League of 10 teams.

We did not play brutal, it was exciting in my memory.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Also nearly killed the club.  That era just feels null and void to me. 

No chance. It was totally unsustainable of course but that doesn't change my memories of Nicholson going all Archie Gemmell at Pittodrie or Crawford and Brewster running riot. We had a superb side and it was great to watch IMO. Just paying a lot of money doesn't guarantee success either.

Now we seem to just accept the team is going to be shite because the budget has been lowered, even though plenty of sides who pay less than us have proven to be a lot more successful. Probably half the league right now have lower wages than us but failure is widely accepted because "at least we still have a club though".

56 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Fucking nonsense. Paton's Pars were attacking as f**k and actually did have soem good defenders. A great team that deservedly finished 5th in the Premier League of 10 teams.

We did not play brutal, it was exciting in my memory.

Absolutely gagging for an argument out of nothing.

youve completely misunderstood my post