Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Surely if you lose against Partick “The Craw” has to go?

The board showed serious reluctance to bin AJ, no chance is Crawford getting punted after 6 league games. I know we’re bottom of the league and the stats from the last dozen games or so make for horrific reading, but he’s just not getting sacked that early, at least I really cannot see it happening.

On 19/09/2019 at 20:00, Grant228 said:

Played well against St Mirren and Celtic aswell tbh, I appreciate it was lower league opposition but we we had some cracking performances in the league Cup aswell. 

We've only played truly badly against Dundee Utd and Arbroath? Inverness was the absolute epitome of meh, neither a good or a great performance, at this level of football you'll get that allot. 

So aye, I'm not going to write of the whole season because we played badly against the leagues best side and in awful conditions, we've lost games in tight margins due to individual errors/refereeing mistakes, if you have the referees down as making the right calls then what, we beat Dundee, draw with Inverness and things are hunky dory. 

We're dealing with fine margins, it won't take much for it to swing our way and with a few additions into the starting 11 I reckon we'll have that. 

From this seasons squad we've got a really small sample size, and even then it's not as grim as its getting made to be on here. 

The referee didn't make a bad decision in the Inverness game. Even if he did, you think things would be "hunky dory" because we had 5 points from 5 games? That's still absolutely relegation form and you have to add magical imaginary points just to get there.

I'm not writing off the season. I feel we could do ok this season with the squad we have and certainly should have enough to be comfortably away from the bottom two. I don't think we'll do that with Crawford in charge. Either we take into account last season, in which case he's presiding over one of our worst ever league runs, or we discount last season completely and he's got 2 points from a possible 15.

I'm afraid "cracking" performances against Albion Rovers and East Kilbride don't matter even 1%.

Edit: What would it take for you to want Crawford gone? Still bottom by Christmas? Relegation to League One?

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

You do not need a 'philosophy'in the scottish championship.
I said this to someone at the game a few weeks back. Theres no room for experiments in the championship. Look at Livingston, do the simple things well and it works wonders.
It's a ruthless cutthroat league and the most competitive in recent years.
Get the ball in the net and stop it going into yours. If hoofball is needed do it properly.
We tried football and got found out after five games.
Theres no spine to the side or real leadership and we have players used in the wrong way or making mistakes.
Ultimately it all comes down to managerial incompetence.

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I said this to someone at the game a few weeks back. Theres no room for experiments in the championship. Look at Livingston, do the simple things well and it works wonders.
It's a ruthless cutthroat league and the most competitive in recent years.
Get the ball in the net and stop it going into yours. If hoofball is needed do it properly.
We tried football and got found out after five games.
Theres no spine to the side or real leadership and we have players used in the wrong way or making mistakes.
Ultimately it all comes down to managerial incompetence.

Livi look far better under Holt than Hopkin and remember tactical legend Allan Johnston had Livi's ticket all season, their football was minging as is our attempts to lump the ball up the park, we look effective with the ball on the deck but seem to be reluctant to try it for the whole game

Livi look far better under Holt than Hopkin and remember tactical legend Allan Johnston had Livi's ticket all season, their football was minging as is our attempts to lump the ball up the park, we look effective with the ball on the deck but seem to be reluctant to try it for the whole game
Not true, they played us off the park in the April game. How we managed to win that game I'll never know.

AJ having Hopkin's ticket counted for very little in the end. They went up. We didn't. They're making progress as a premiership side. We've been going backwards ever since.

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The referee didn't make a bad decision in the Inverness game. Even if he did, you think things would be "hunky dory" because we had 5 points from 5 games? That's still absolutely relegation form 

5 points from 5 games is fine with those fixtures, you'd have the Arbroath game down as a disappointing result but with the conditions, it happens. 

We're not likely to play Dundee, Dundee United and Inverness all that much are we? 

5 points from 5 games is fine with those fixtures, you'd have the Arbroath game down as a disappointing result but with the conditions, it happens. 
We're not likely to play Dundee, Dundee United and Inverness all that much are we? 
Well yeah, every 3rd game we're likely to play one of them...

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Well yeah, every 3rd game we're likely to play one of them...

We'll yeah, 8 times a season aye? 

Judging by the reactions of some on this thread, a ten year contract will be getting screamed for. If anyone who wasn't screaming for Crawford to get sacked is a Craw apologist I'm  buzzing to find out what a win warrants, carry on. 

48 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Well, Dundee Utd normally aye!

Well, playing them every 5 games? 

The way the fixtures worked up meant we were less likely to pick up points from the first 5 games than the latter, anyone who wasn't hysterically screaming for change would've seen that, evidently. 

Expect to see Poet screaming at the taxi rank outside Jiggies asking for Duffie #Itk