Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Apparently, according to someone on .net, 70% of wages have been paid. Now, whether that is 70% each person or just 70% of the total wage bill I'm not sure. As I said on .net, while not ideal, 70% is better than 0%. I think we all knew it was inevitable, especially after Saturday's poor crowd, (not saying it was the fans' fault as if the weather was better it would've been nearer 3000 IMO) that wages wouldn't be able to be fully paid to everyone today. The biggest thing now is for all players, management and staff to be paid their outstanding balance ASAP. Hopefully this can happen after Saturday's home cup tie with Accies; a big crowd, especially at the reduced prices, is required. Get to the game if you can manage it, and bring along anyone who you can convice too.

COYP! :)

Apparently, according to someone on .net, 70% of wages have been paid. Now, whether that is 70% each person or just 70% of the total wage bill I'm not sure. As I said on .net, while not ideal, 70% is better than 0%. I think we all knew it was inevitable, especially after Saturday's poor crowd, (not saying it was the fans' fault as if the weather was better it would've been nearer 3000 IMO) that wages wouldn't be able to be fully paid to everyone today. The biggest thing now is for all players, management and staff to be paid their outstanding balance ASAP. Hopefully this can happen after Saturday's home cup tie with Accies; a big crowd, especially at the reduced prices, is required. Get to the game if you can manage it, and bring along anyone who you can convice too.

COYP! :)

That poor crowd wouldn't have been enough to pay 10% of your needs this month. If indeed 70% has been paid (which I doubt) shouldn't you be asking where the money came from?

Absolutely astounded that GM is saying that this years budget was worked out by a professional accountant.

In the same sentence he claimed that we can't work out a budget due to the fixtures.

why not work the budget out after the fixtures come out?

I chucked it on for 5 minute there, hearing some old guy stuttering over a question gets heckled "sit doon!". His response "...thanks for that...that's...nice." :lol::thumsup2

Big talking point just now is the Scottish Power fiasco. Dunfermline don't sound as if they have a case here I'm afraid. They don't want to pay it because 'they're not happy' that the penalties got put on. Tough shit.

Pitreavie is being moved to a charitable trust and will release money. It is in the final stages of legal discussions and should be completed in the next week.

How does that work? Will they be granted money because of their new status? If so, should this money not be used at Pitreavie and not to pay outstanding wages?