Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Couldn't care less what happens with the remainder of this season. Hearts and Sevco fans on the other hand...

It's a fucking pandemic, the likes we've not seen. There's a lot more at stake than your team being relegated or losing out on a title (which they were never, ever going to fucking win anyway) For what it's worth, I think now is the right time to extend the leagues, but this might not suit the precious OF and their 4 bigot-fests in a season carry-on. 

right at the start of the season I though 8th would be fine, however with the form Nesbit was in and us not cutting our cloth as drastically as I thought we might have I think it was disappointing we weren't in the top 4 for a prolonged spell, obviously we have no idea if we would have made the play offs but I think we should have made a proper challenge at them for the majority of the season, positives Dow, Nesbit, Murray and Martin are signed up for next seasons and have performed well this season. Concerns if we sell Nesbit we should get some whack of money but we are seriously short up front. Need a goalkeeper Gill should be back up wouldn't be against keeping Fon Williams

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

right at the start of the season I though 8th would be fine, however with the form Nesbit was in and us not cutting our cloth as drastically as I thought we might have I think it was disappointing we weren't in the top 4 for a prolonged spell, obviously we have no idea if we would have made the play offs but I think we should have made a proper challenge at them for the majority of the season, positives Dow, Nesbit, Murray and Martin are signed up for next seasons and have performed well this season. Concerns if we sell Nesbit we should get some whack of money but we are seriously short up front. Need a goalkeeper Gill should be back up wouldn't be against keeping Fon Willia

Any thoughts on the futures of Andy Ryan and Callum Smith who have been on loan at Airdrie..   Ryan for some reason didn't hold down a place at the pars, was it mostly injuries or did he struggle at championship level.    Callum Smith great player has done really well,  his goals had dried up, but his overall game had improved,  best prospect we have had in loan for a while..

Ryan just hasn't shown it enough over the 3 seasons with us. Has had some highlights (league cup game against St Mirren in the Summer) but he has definitely ran his course with us. Smith I want to see back in a Dunfermline shirt and want him given a fair crack at it.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

In all seriousness, now that's the season officially done, how do you assess our performance for 19/20? Thoughts.

Overall I would give it pass marks. We reduced the budget by 30% apparently and reduced the age of the squad. Lots to improve on for whenever next season begins though. Thought we looked very light upfront when we lost Nesbit to injury and who knows how the season woud've gone without Nisbet's goals. 

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

DAFC issued a statement and the lie was within.

What? There's no mention of that at all in the statement.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=SPFL_Resolution&ID=11836

As I said, everyone knows the deal with the attendance figures and no one cares.