Walking Down The Halbeath Road

25 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Dick Campbell certainly has a few choice words about big Yorkie.

Yorkston was the one who punted him (in favour of Calderwood).

That doesn't make him (Campbell) wrong mind (depending on what he says).

1 minute ago, PZ1013 said:

Been a long time since I've read P&B.  Take a look at this thread and almost the first thing I see is a reminder about Davie fucking Hay😭 

Sorry

My fault tbh, these are emotional times, I should've known no good would come of it.  I'm now on a downward spiral and can't get Andy Csmpbell leading the line at the League Cup final out of my head.

10 minutes ago, PZ1013 said:

My fault tbh, these are emotional times, I should've known no good would come of it.  I'm now on a downward spiral and can't get Andy Csmpbell leading the line at the League Cup final out of my head.

It's your turn to apologise for that dreadful visual.

Andy fucking Campbell 😡

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Dick Campbell certainly has a few choice words about big Yorkie.

I’m sure he said that he’d agreed terms with Falkirk for David Moss and then Yorkston came back and said he’s got a great deal which was more than Campbell had agreed.

I think we were top or second top and had just won when he was fired. He didn’t deserve that and had worked wonders with nothing much alongside Paton.

The setup with the chairman Bert and Dick was harmonious and brought the club lots of success and money. Once Yorkston took over Campbell sussed him out and I’m sure this is why they ended up firing him. We were doing well.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Calderwood was seemingly the 3rd highest paid manager in Scotland when he was hired. It was boasted about at the time.

As a kid I didn't really think much of it, but what a massive alarm bell.

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Calderwood was seemingly the 3rd highest paid manager in Scotland when he was hired. It was boasted about at the time.

As a kid I didn't really think much of it, but what a massive alarm bell.

Completely unsustainable for a club for our size but not ridiculous on paper I guess considering we finished 4th and reached the Scottish Cup final.

There was clearly disastrous decisions being made during that period but I can’t bring myself to hate it. That was the first Pars side I watched every week and it’s still my favourite. Crawford, Brewster, Nicholson, Skerla, Mason, Dempsey etc, I loved you all.

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Once Yorkston took over Campbell sussed him out and I’m sure this is why they ended up firing him. We were doing well.

No doubt that Campbell went because of disagreeing with Yorkston, but I don't remember many of the support being too disappointed at the time as there was a feeling the team should have been doing better than they were (which is bizarre given we were never out of the top two that season, iirc).  There was definitely a view that we should have walked that division, although I'm not sure where it came from.  St Mirren playing as well as they did came out of nowhere and that put a lot of noses out of joint.

I've depressed myself again just thinking about the Fife derbies that season🤦‍♂️

Quite honestly I think our fanbase had some of the big-time Charlie aura about it after being in the Premier Division for a couple of years.

Outbidding Aberdeen for their captain and hibs for Brewster. It was batshit crazy. Masterton said the money was safe and had friends in the bank. He was full of shit.

Quite honestly I think our fanbase had some of the big-time Charlie aura about it after being in the Premier Division for a couple of years.
Dont think that's went away

Surely there will be some sort of leeway by September, say, to allow fans to attend football matches? If not and we’re in to 2021 before we see some form of normality in terms of attending football, it’s going to be extremely difficult for clubs like ours to generate any sort of income.