Walking Down The Halbeath Road

23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Considering we don’t know if/when we’ll be playing again, I find the flood of transfer rumours totally bizarre. It’s like the football media machine just can’t cope with the change of circumstances.

It will come and go in a week.

Would be a shame to see Nisbet go but as has been said a good offer would be welcomed right now (just make sure there's a good sell on clause!)

In terms of central defence I liked what I seen of Tom Lang, shame he kept getting knocks. I'd like to see him get a good run in the middle and maybe with Ashcroft going it could be what helps him to achieve that (as long as he can stay injury free!)

I think Nesbit will go on to better things than the Scottish premiership and for that reason we must get a good sell on percentage. Even if it means taking a lower cash offer than we could've had in January.

Out of curiosity, what is the overall opinion on Lee Ashcroft? We've been rumoured to be having a look at him in case we don't get Berra back.
Hes got a massive weakness in bouncing high balls. Cost us several goals this way including playoff and cup games.
He was great with a commander but since then pretty awful.
Devine has been better recently.

49 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Hes got a massive weakness in bouncing high balls. Cost us several goals this way including playoff and cup games.
He was great with a commander but since then pretty awful.
Devine has been better recently.

What goals in playoff games and cup games did he cost us due to a bouncing high ball?

Edited by DA Baracus

In the second leg when we wasn't playing, we also might have been able to have won that leg with 11 players still on the park. 

I realize I'm clutching at straws there but f**k it, you're a pedantic c**t. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

In the second leg when we wasn't playing, we also might have been able to have won that leg with 11 players still on the park. 

I realize I'm clutching at straws there but f**k it, you're a pedantic c**t. 

It was stated he cost us goals in playoffs games due to high bouncing balls.

I asked for an example. None have been forthcoming.

Also he did play the second leg as the red was overturned.

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

4 mins 16 seconds

Doesnt deal with bouncing ball leading to him fouling mcdonald.

Rovers goal was very similar.

Why would I make this up?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46847920

Duggan, high ball. Same outcome. He cant deal with wee guys and high balls.

What goals in the playoffs? You said he cost us goals in playoff games.

What goals?

And what goals did he cost us in cup games? Name them. He didn't cost us any goals in that Rovers cup game.

Edited by DA Baracus

Is the Elizabeathen still crap slow service,plastic glasseso r have they got their act together. It would be good if this were to happen.
I've no been since it got done up a couple of years ago, too posh for me.

I'd completely forgotten that. Still, there's a bounce ball that he didn't deal with very well. I'm not traipsing through hours of footage looking for more for someone else's point.

26 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Is the Elizabeathen still crap slow service,plastic glasseso r have they got their act together. It would be good if this were to happen.

I was there before the Dundee United game this year. As soon as the away fans arrived it was plastic glasses and slow service. Not the bar staff's fault, there just weren't enough of them to handle everyone.

Think it's a pretentious waste of time now. Prices have shot up to match. Reckon it will be heaving before a Rovers match at East End, so probably best to get off the train or bus in the town instead and have your pick of places.

It's much more geared towards food now rather as well, meaning the layout is not great if you just want a few pints.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd completely forgotten that. Still, there's a bounce ball that he didn't deal with very well. I'm not traipsing through hours of footage looking for more for someone else's point.

That wasn't the point though.

It was stated that he cost us goals in playoff games and cup games. He didn't.

If it was stated that he might have an issue with high bouncing balls due to a couple of occasions where he made a arse of it, then that would be more towards accurate.