Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That wasn't the point though.
It was stated that he cost us goals in playoff games and cup games. He didn't.
If it was stated that he might have an issue with high bouncing balls due to a couple of occasions where he made a arse of it, then that would be more towards accurate.
I know, not my argument. Just that came to my head. Wouldn't have said he has a huge issue with it, Infact he's pretty good at clearing his lines in general.

What goals in the playoffs? You said he cost us goals in playoff games.
What goals?
And what goals did he cost us in cup games? Name them. He didn't cost us any goals in that Rovers cup game.
You are right, games not goals.
Worse though, the playoff turned on that decision somewhat and also the rovers game was turned by his incompetence.
I'm sure he also made a howler against Morton away.
Hes not awful but as said will make mistakes that shouldn't be made at the top level. I could see him doing ok for a mid table side though.

I’m not sure a center back making a mistake 40 yards out and committing a yellow card offense to recover the situation 2 years ago is something we should be making much of an issue of tbh.   I highly doubt there’s a single player in the division who hasn’t made a mistake of similar magnitude several times in that time frame.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

You are right, games not goals.
Worse though, the playoff turned on that decision somewhat and also the rovers game was turned by his incompetence.
I'm sure he also made a howler against Morton away.
Hes not awful but as said will make mistakes that shouldn't be made at the top level. I could see him doing ok for a mid table side though.

No, the playoff turned on our shite defending at Tannadice in a game we were leading and were well on top of.

He's away now, so doesn't matter. Hopefully what we go with will be better.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, the playoff turned on our shite defending at Tannadice in a game we were leading and were well on top of.

Also scoring only 1 goal over 2 legs (and particularly the first 45 at tannadice) despite creating about 10000 chances.  That was kinda a problem.  As was bringing on m’voto to chase the tie.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Also scoring only 1 goal over 2 legs (and particularly the first 45 at tannadice) despite creating about 10000 chances.  That was kinda a problem.  As was bringing on m’voto to chase the tie.

Sigh. A huge wasted opportunity against a poor United side.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Sigh. A huge wasted opportunity against a poor United side.

Certainly, tho I do think there is a tendency for some to overplay the importance of that game on the basis that livi ended up going up and that we were the one side who had them reasonably figured out.   Had we won at tannadice we would still have a big task to go up. 

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Certainly, tho I do think there is a tendency for some to overplay the importance of that game on the basis that livi ended up going up and that we were the one side who had them reasonably figured out.   Had we won at tannadice we would still have a big task to go up. 

Aye, still would have been an ask, but we certainly had a chance. Like you say, we had Livingston figured out (we were the only team that they failed to beat in the league that season) and Thistle were rank. Think if we made the final we would have shat it though and got a 3-0 pumping at Firhill, putting in a massive shitebag performance.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, still would have been an ask, but we certainly had a chance. Like you say, we had Livingston figured out (we were the only team that they failed to beat in the league that season) and Thistle were rank. Think if we made the final we would have shat it though and got a 3-0 pumping at Firhill, putting in a massive shitebag performance.

I;d have fancied us to beaten both Livi and Thistle. Few things conspired against us against Utd. Ashcroft red card, McManus not squaring to Aird for an open goal when 1 up, Mcmanus hitting the bar, Beadling missing each leg, the manager thinking it was a laugh to bring on an immobile centre half up front etc.

On bbc radio Richard Gordon said at half time that he couldn't see any way back in it for united.
We were outstanding the last few games with Williamson/Higgy and Martin/Aird on the wings and Clark upfront with McManus.
Flung it away and I also reckon we would have beaten Livingston.

It was also a bit of a financial gamble, we allowed AJ to rebuild the team half way through the season. The signs were there earlier when he brought on Armstrong ahead of cardle when we were 0-0 away to Livingston. With a decent manager we would have made it up although credit to AJ for the decent wing play that season.

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

On bbc radio Richard Gordon said at half time that he couldn't see any way back in it for united.
We were outstanding the last few games with Williamson/Higgy and Martin/Aird on the wings and Clark upfront with McManus.
Flung it away and I also reckon we would have beaten Livingston.

It was also a bit of a financial gamble, we allowed AJ to rebuild the team half way through the season. The signs were there earlier when he brought on Armstrong ahead of cardle when we were 0-0 away to Livingston. With a decent manager we would have made it up although credit to AJ for the decent wing play that season.

2 signings and 3 loans in January, and with Hopkirk punted, wasn't really a gamble considering clubs keep money back for January signings.

The re-build proved to be the correct thing to do. Pretty sure we broke even that year.

The gamble was afterwards when the board chose to increase the budget to try and increase our chances of going up and probably get more fans in by being a side that were in the playoff spots through the season and not relay on 1 great run of form at the end.

Despite the increased budget we couldn’t keep key players and instead spent it on a bloated squad of various degrees of shite.  This meant fans didn’t turn up to watch and by the time we could afford to sack AJ there was nothing much left to either open the management position to outside candidates nor give Crawford  much to work with in comparison.

The re-build proved to be the correct thing to do. Pretty sure we broke even that year.
The gamble was afterwards when the board chose to increase the budget to try and increase our chances of going up and probably get more fans in by being a side that were in the playoff spots through the season and not relay on 1 great run of form at the end.
Despite the increased budget we couldn’t keep key players and instead spent it on a bloated squad of various degrees of shite.  This meant fans didn’t turn up to watch and by the time we could afford to sack AJ there was nothing much left to either open the management position to outside candidates nor give Crawford  much to work with in comparison.
He made a mess of the midfield in signing two slow players, the young guy in reserve from killie got injured and we were down to the bare bones. We had to sign three central midfielders to make up for it and shiels and nat didnt even make the bench some weeks. It was a luxury that no other team had in the league. If we had a great team then added we would have got up.
Livingston had a very small squad and did better.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

He made a mess of the midfield in signing two slow players, the young guy in reserve from killie got injured and we were down to the bare bones. We had to sign three central midfielders to make up for it and shiels and nat didnt even make the bench some weeks. It was a luxury that no other team had in the league. If we had a great team then added we would have got up.
Livingston had a very small squad and did better.

Just the 34 players, including 7 central midfielders (featuring Shaun Byrne, Jason Thomson, Adam Frizzell, Scott Robinson, Scott Pittman) for Livingston that season.

Anything else you want to make up?

Edited by DA Baracus