Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Out of curiosity, what is the overall opinion on Lee Ashcroft? We've been rumoured to be having a look at him in case we don't get Berra back.
Ashcroft is fine for championship, was very good beside Callum Morris for a season and a half.

I've never seen a centre half who let's the ball bounce more than him though. its infuriating.

Ashcroft is reasonably sold no nonsense centre back.  Let him concentrate on his own job and have leadership of the back line come from elsewhere. Maybe lacks a little pace (though not overly slow)  his goal was legendary but I felt he should have got more, regularly got himself a free header from corners but would mistime his jump and head over. 

59 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Firstly, it was Lemashik that Zoran's surname was pronounced. He was garbage, never kept a first team clean sheet. Useless Yugoslavic twat. 

Secondly, Ashcroft is absolutely fine at this level if he has a commander next to him. Without someone pulling the strings, he's a bit lost and with someone utterly incompetent beside him he's dragged down to their level. 

However, he did score probably the second greatest goal of all time last season.

He was nowhere near as bad as you always say. He was ok.

Also pronunciation was 'Lemacheck'.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We need a leader of a CH. We've a selection of dumplings that can be quite good when paired with a leader. Brilliant.

If you had Berra alongside him that would he a very solid centre back pairing for this league.

Would have kept him here if we could. Think he and Murray could have been a very decent partnership.

Hopefully Murray and Lang can be a good partnership in central defence. Get Martin at left back.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He was nowhere near as bad as you always say. He was ok.

Also pronunciation was 'Lemacheck'.

If you had Berra alongside him that would he a very solid centre back pairing for this league.

Would have kept him here if we could. Think he and Murray could have been a very decent partnership.

Hopefully Murray and Lang can be a good partnership in central defence. Get Martin at left back.

By the sounds of things Ashcroft will be signed if we can't bring in Berra rather than to pair up with him.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

By the sounds of things Ashcroft will be signed if we can't bring in Berra rather than to pair up with him.

A fresh start might be good for him. He's shown before that he can be the leader type rather than be the one who needs a more experienced guy beside him. I think that when had a couple of really shit periods it affected him. A break and new team could be good for him. He's now very experienced at this level.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Zoran was shit, I'm not accepting otherwise.

You're a flange and I plan to engage you in unarmed combat.

Truthfully I didn't rate Ashcroft that much, even during his period with Morris I mentioned a few times that he was incredibly lucky that his mistakes seemed to go "unpunished", Whreas Morris when he made a mistake seemed to inevitably result in a goal. 

He's a middling sort of championship centre back. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Truthfully I didn't rate Ashcroft that much, even during his period with Morris I mentioned a few times that he was incredibly lucky that his mistakes seemed to go "unpunished", Whreas Morris when he made a mistake seemed to inevitably result in a goal. 

He's a middling sort of championship centre back. 

Morris is a very good player to have alongside you to clean up your mistakes. Unfortunately for him when he fucks up there is nobody else capable of fixing his mistake. 

Your right in saying championship is Ashcroft’s level. He may well do a job for Dundee and possibly if he gets the right partner and kicks on a little he could do quite well in this league.  But long term for a club that want to be playing premiership and ideally top 6 he’s going to fall short. 

On 03/06/2020 at 21:26, Grant228 said:

Fair play for uploading losses, I wouldn't be doing that! 

Live that Dunfermline top, forgot Nipper Thompson played for Raith. 

He got the rug pulled by us, he was told he had a new contract, went on holiday, came back with biro in hand and was shown the door.

19 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

He got the rug pulled by us, he was told he had a new contract, went on holiday, came back with biro in hand and was shown the door.

Really? Any reason in particular why? Purely going from those highlights and shirt numbers it looks like he was used as a striker? 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Really? Any reason in particular why? Purely going from those highlights and shirt numbers it looks like he was used as a striker? 

Probably just cost cutting. When we didn't go straight back up the squad was cut back a lot and we probably just couldn't afford him. 

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Think he'll be off unfortunately.

We'll get a decent bid and the club really can't turn it down now.

Leaves us utterly fucked up front though. How do you replace him?!

Also, that website is horrendous.