Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Sounds as if they were waiting to get the Nisbet deal sorted before announcing anything about McManus. Gutted Nisbet's away, but it was inevitable given our model. 

O'Hara is a fud, but he's held his hands up and apologised. There isn't much he can do about that incident now. If he does sign for us, he'll need to hit the ground running. As much as Nizzy is a big loss, I'm actually intrigued to see a McManus-O'Hara partnership given O'Hara had a prolific season in the Championship combined with McManus' high work ethic. 

Edited by DAFC.

Ohara screams Mark Stewart to me, one good season gets a move and then will float about every club in Scotland for the next 5-7 years.

Good luck to him anyway just surprised he never took the move to England like Stewart did in 2011.

Guest Axle Grease
Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

If it was a grown man saying such things I would probably have an issue with a signing like that. 

I just file it in spotty teenager acting the c**t category.

He did a disability awareness course after he apologised. McGhee never did apologise. That's the difference. 

The Falkirk board didn't exactly show the 19 year old O'Hara a great example given they refused to acknowledge their players guilt at the time and they put Shiels through a torrid hour and a half interview at the hearing, basically calling him a liar. Poor show. 

Great if he signs and he does the business on the pitch with Declan McManus. 

Courier reporting that Dom Thomas is on his way to the Pars. 

What a top signing that would be. apparently looking at Blair Alston too.

Also confirm that we negotiated a ''substantial'' sell on clause

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1435592/exclusive-dunfermline-secure-sell-on-clause-for-kevin-nisbet-and-signing-spree-will-begin-with-dom-thomas/

Edited by Chubbychops

Dom Thomas signing permanently would be a great bit of business for the club. Exciting player who did really well in his short time with us. I know he was a top target last summer and we saw why, after we got him on loan in January.

Also in the courier article we're interested in Blair Alston. I don't think I've ever actually seen him play that much, I know he has scored a few screamers but I'm not at all sure about how good a player he actually is. 

A lot of credit to the board here, signing Nisbet on a 2-year deal, knowing that he’d be away after the first season, was a smart move. Cost us f**k all to bring him in as well.

Looking forward to us making a mint when Hibs sell him to Huddersfield for £5m next season.

Good on Nisbet, he was great for us, great for you guys and deserves his chance in the Premier League. 

The fact he's told Hearts where to go is an added bonus. As is the fact we won't have to face him four times next season (arbitration case permitting). 

With Whittaker, Watson and Thomas, and presumably McManus to follow I think the Pars are looking like reasonable bet for the season ahead.

Edited by renton

1 minute ago, renton said:

With Whittaker, Watson and Thomas, and presumably McManus to follow I think the Pars are looking like reasonable bet for the season ahead.

We also have very good full-backs for this level in Lewis Martin and Aaron Comrie, not to mention Euan Murray who has been great for us as well despite being crocked for a lot of the season. If we can get Dom Thomas and Declan McManus in on the back of Nizzy then that is very good business indeed. 

On paper aye that looks like a good team for this level, but it means absolutely hee-haw really.

I haven't seen O'Hara play so can't comment on that side ot things but i'm sure he'll be aware that he'll need to start well.

If he is as good as folks think then potentially he could just be next Summer/ Winters Nisbet - brought in from a club for minimal outlay, given a chance and sold on for a decent fee and potential further income. It's a good plan when it works and surely can only help attract younger players to the club if they know that the club will sell on if they do well.

Looks like some other decent signings as well. Fingers crossed for a good season..