Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Anyone else think that season ticket sales are a bit concerning?

I don’t know how other clubs are doing in comparison to recent seasons but as Rob says, shifting just under 2000 with about 6 weeks before the start of the season isn’t bad.

In fact, last year we’d sold a ‘handful shy of 2000’ on the 28th June, which was just 5 weeks before the start of the league season.

As the season approaches, hopefully with the prospect of being able to attend more games than expected, we’ll probably see a bit of a surge in sales. Add in the excitement of the takeover should boost interest a bit too.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I would say it's down to mitigating circumstances..The support is still there. Lifeline has gone up in recent months.

Many folk have job uncertainty and on top of that, we don't know how many games we will get to see. Many people will see pay as you go as more sensible option for them. Over 1900 is pretty good considering the current situation. Should be close to last seasons 2500 by kick off.

I would say it's down to mitigating circumstances..The support is still there. Lifeline has gone up in recent months.

Many folk have job uncertainty and on top of that, we don't know how many games we will get to see. Many people will see pay as you go as more sensible option for them. Over 1900 is pretty good considering the current situation. Should be close to last seasons 2500 by kick off.

Did we only hit 2500 last season? I thought we’d comfortably got over 3000 or am I going daft?

ETA a quick search on twitter and it looks like you’re right. Looks like we did in 2018/19 but not last season.

26 minutes ago, smpar said:

Did we only hit 2500 last season? I thought we’d comfortably got over 3000 or am I going daft?

We were selling 3500 when we gave free kids tickets away two years ago. We stopped that last season and put prices up for adult tickets.

The free kids tickets became a farce. Folk older than me were using them to get in free, it was wasn't getting policed properly. Became a total piss take.

Edited by Chubbychops

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Given the very real possibility that folks may not get to see any football live at all this season, the remarkable thing is that any have been sold at all.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Ha, I do have some Pavlovian triggers and that's certainly one of them.

I get what you mean but sadly it's very unlikely we'll play in Europe again, especially since the best route of doing so (runner up in the Scottish Cup) has been taken away.

I wouldn't like to have a more expensive and more restrictive standing area based on a very unlikely scenario that might never happen. It isn't pedantry at all. 

I would imagine that by the time we ever made it in to Europe the rules could very well have changed. 

I'd prefer 'safe standing' than all seater though.

There is a 3rd European tournament earmarked to start next year, albeit who knows whether it will be delayed in light of the current circumstances.

Scotland will get at least two - and possibly three - places, so it is likely that a top six spot will be enough to score two glorious days drinking and singing, with only the inconvenience of the match to partly spoil it.

There is a 3rd European tournament earmarked to start next year, albeit who knows whether it will be delayed in light of the current circumstances.
Scotland will get at least two - and possibly three - places, so it is likely that a top six spot will be enough to score two glorious days drinking and singing, with only the inconvenience of the match to partly spoil it.
At least we're prepared for disappointment in the event it ever happens!

I haven't bought a season ticket this year for the first time since pre 2000.
Lost £60 last season and can't afford to pay that kind of money when it could be zero attendance or even games stopped altogether.

If I could pay a reduced rate to watch streams, maybe £10 per game, and options to watch away then I would pay for that to help the club out. May also attend sporadically for big home games once I feel that its safe. I'm pretty certain that there will be called off games, local lockdowns and major headaches. I want to help the club but I'm not going to pay for something that's not guaranteed.

How did you "lose" £60? Do you mean you bought a season ticket but didn't go to the games?

I'm not exactly flush with cash but have NEVER considered my season ticket as value for money. 

Sounds like you were never going to buy one this season as you list loads of reason why not to. There are other ways to help the club.

Edited by da_no_1

How did you "lose" £60? Do you mean you bought a season ticket but didn't go to the games?
I'm not exactly flush with cash but have NEVER considered my season ticket as value for money. 
Sounds like you were never going to buy one this season as you list loads of reason why not to. There are other ways to help the club.
Games were called off. I don't see the pars as an endless charity money pit tbh.
I've bought home and away kits and other stuff I dont feel bad about not buying a season ticket I've had one pretty much every year since I was five. My parents are vulnerable to corona and were shielded so I can't go with my dad until I know its safe.
Dont take the moral highground when you spend most of your time online insulting and winding up pars fans.

Games were called off. I don't see the pars as an endless charity money pit tbh.
I've bought home and away kits and other stuff I dont feel bad about not buying a season ticket I've had one pretty much every year since I was five. My parents are vulnerable to corona and were shielded so I can't go with my dad until I know its safe.
Dont take the moral highground when you spend most of your time online insulting and winding up pars fans.
Dont feel the need to justify yourself mate

I suppose it just means an even more diddy side can knock you out should you ever qualify.

I suppose it just means an even more diddy side can knock you out should you ever qualify.

I know, hopefully one day we can be big enough to be 1-0 at half time against someone who ends up beating us.

35 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I mean, when the entirety of your European history amounts to a picture of a scoreboard from a game you lost I'm not sure you're on the position to be taking pot shots 

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Wow. It was a genuine question as to why you felt like you lost money. Maybe I didn't word it well. Apologies.

FWIW I'm in the same boat with my dad. 

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I haven't bought a season ticket this year for the first time since pre 2000.
Lost £60 last season and can't afford to pay that kind of money when it could be zero attendance or even games stopped altogether.

If I could pay a reduced rate to watch streams, maybe £10 per game, and options to watch away then I would pay for that to help the club out. May also attend sporadically for big home games once I feel that its safe. I'm pretty certain that there will be called off games, local lockdowns and major headaches. I want to help the club but I'm not going to pay for something that's not guaranteed.

Conversely, as an infrequent attendee at East End Park for the past quarter of a century, I bought my first Pars' season ticket last month.

Gotta help out.