Walking Down The Halbeath Road

26 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

With regards to the league one season, were we still not in playoff contention until reasonably late in the season? Once that hope went we utterly collapsed to seventh place but we spent most of the season in and around the playoffs.

Between October 18th and 24th January, our record in the league was:

Won - 2

Drawn - 5

Lost - 5

It’s not like we just collapsed right at the end. We were in an appalling division and still lost more than we won and ended up 20 points off the pace.

Our squad was poor but not just a bunch of kids on low wages like people try to claim. It should have easily been good enough to finish Top 4 and even that would have been poor considering we were comfortably 2nd with a worse squad the year before.

Potter also won 5 of his 20 games in charge, an almost impossibly bad record and it’s no surprise that he hasn’t managed since. He is a *really* strong contender for our worst manager ever.

5 hours ago, pawpar said:

Worst season ever was when Stephen Kenny was manager. 26 games in a row lost not even drawn. But then we know why certain posters think the sun shines out of Kenny's arse.

What an odd thing to make up. The cup run alone means it wasn't one of the worst seasons ever, let alone worst ever. Was a poor campaign in general given how shite we often were, but we did win a few games and have some decent crowds. The Motherwell game for example was pretty exciting, and the atmosphere in the away end at Love Street was brilliant.

Why do some folk think 'the sun shines out of Kenny's arse'? Genuinely unsure what you're getting at there. As pointed out above, Kenny was ultimately a pish manager and deservedly got punted.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I just can’t agree that this season has been worse for “awful football”. We were expected to win the League 1 title and then finished 7th, getting horsed by part-time shite in the process. It was the dirt worst.

At the end of the day here, we’re debating which shade of shite we prefer tbh. Both seasons are among the worst in our modern history.

Shade of shite indeed 😂

I think it also comes into play how you feel about the club in that moment.  I’m adding in my own take about how distant I think the club is from a lot of its fan base.  The Potter 7th season was bad, but I’d argue that it didn’t feel as hopeless and apathetic as this season does.  

Picking up comment about “awful football”.  I’ll stand by that one too.  So many games (and this is my opinion about Championship games in general) are stuffy tight horrible to watch.  That league 1 season I recall a couple of decent matches in regards to action (not quality!!) and teams being more open.

Matter of personal thoughts I suppose.  But I fear this season is about to play out in a way that might kill off the shade of shite argument… 😩

On 02/04/2022 at 08:08, Stellaboz said:

Not surprising, when he was fit he was a very capable player. Think we've totally fucked it up with Wilson, I hope we will review our medical team going forward because we can't afford to be letting good players go for such stupid reasons.

He came with a good reputation and a lot of morton fans weren't impressed early doors but he has been excellent the last few games. I'd love if it he stayed next season but imagine he'll end up elsewhere for more money.

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

Shade of shite indeed 😂

I think it also comes into play how you feel about the club in that moment.  I’m adding in my own take about how distant I think the club is from a lot of its fan base.  The Potter 7th season was bad, but I’d argue that it didn’t feel as hopeless and apathetic as this season does.  

Picking up comment about “awful football”.  I’ll stand by that one too.  So many games (and this is my opinion about Championship games in general) are stuffy tight horrible to watch.  That league 1 season I recall a couple of decent matches in regards to action (not quality!!) and teams being more open.

Matter of personal thoughts I suppose.  But I fear this season is about to play out in a way that might kill off the shade of shite argument… 😩

There have been a lot of terrible games this season. As I’ve said before, it’s only an exciting league if you don’t actually watch any of the matches.

12 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Between October 18th and 24th January, our record in the league was:

Won - 2

Drawn - 5

Lost - 5

It’s not like we just collapsed right at the end. We were in an appalling division and still lost more than we won and ended up 20 points off the pace.

Our squad was poor but not just a bunch of kids on low wages like people try to claim. It should have easily been good enough to finish Top 4 and even that would have been poor considering we were comfortably 2nd with a worse squad the year before.

Potter also won 5 of his 20 games in charge, an almost impossibly bad record and it’s no surprise that he hasn’t managed since. He is a *really* strong contender for our worst manager ever.

Odds on next Falkirk manager.

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Casually getting the manager of a club we have a player on loan from wrong.  I’m sure that will help relations.

#professionalism 

Is this about Bielsa? If so surely the context is correct in that we said that he was Kamwas manager at Leeds, which he was? He's not been at Leeds since they have changed manager. 

24 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Is our youth teams the old Fife Elite teams?

Yeh I think everyone came over. I'm not sure how often Fife Elite played clubs boys teams. I don't think I was ever aware of it, although I wasn't paying attention really.

I can’t remember the exact details and can’t be bothered to look them up so there maybe some Inaccuracies here but I believe we were given the same rating as fife elite was(which makes sense as things stand it looks like the same setup.) that is the 2nd level of pro youth(i want to say progressive).  I think at that level you have a game most weeks, normally against the other teams with our level, but there is crossover where you will get games against the elite sides(think it’s the top 8 )

Edited by parsforlife

Hope the club vote against VAR, but have a bad feeling they'll vote for it. Not that it will affect us mind.

Nice of the club to consult the fans about this too (in line with every other club who haven't bothered their arse to ask fans what they think). 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Hope the club vote against VAR, but have a bad feeling they'll vote for it. Not that it will affect us mind.

Nice of the club to consult the fans about this too (in line with every other club who haven't bothered their arse to ask fans what they think). 

Do we even have goal line technology in Scottish football?

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Do we even have goal line technology in Scottish football?

Nope. I would be for that since it's an instant yes/no, unlike VAR which will could take minutes whilst fans in the ground are utterly clueless as to what is being checked.