Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Think in some games he has played behind the striker. If you have Dom Thomas on the left and Steven Lawless on the right you really should be causing teams plenty of problems, but I am unsure if Yogi is setting us up to utilise that. 

Not going to disagree too much but I think its being a bit kind on absolute turnips. 

Jones - 1  totally out his depth 

Dorrans - 2  pound for pound 

Polish Goalie - 3 scarily no better than Fon Williams despite the Hughes hype

Cole - 1 useless with the players he was asked to paly with. 

Kamwa - 0 will undoubtedly be another dud from down South. 

Kennedy 1 - future part time Clyde with a billy big baws attitude. 

Todorov 2 - just not very good at all. 

I quite like the look of Donaldson and Connolly was passable. 

Breen seems like a centre half version of Kennedy as he was a player for one of the gruesome twosome so had a reputation that was way in excess of his ability. 

If we had lawless and Polworth at the start of the season I think we would have been fine as they both look to have a decent level of ability.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There's your Iain Wilson having another good game for Morton last night. Wonder what the story was there and if we'll ever find out. 

We apparently made a right mess of his rehab. 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There's your Iain Wilson having another good game for Morton last night. Wonder what the story was there and if we'll ever find out. 

Took him a while to get going but the last 2/3 games he's been excellent for us.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Took him a while to get going but the last 2/3 games he's been excellent for us.

Not surprising, when he was fit he was a very capable player. Think we've totally fucked it up with Wilson, I hope we will review our medical team going forward because we can't afford to be letting good players go for such stupid reasons.

Not surprising, when he was fit he was a very capable player. Think we've totally fucked it up with Wilson, I hope we will review our medical team going forward because we can't afford to be letting good players go for such stupid reasons.
That's just it, we let him go did we not? Morton a relegation rival got what we all knew was our best central midfielder when fit, for nothing. Honestly, just add it to the list of monumental f**k ups in the 2021/2022 season.

This is the worst we've been in my living memory as a fan, having been too young to remember how we were before Leishman came in the first time.

Davie Hay season was grim (dropping Brewster to play Tod up top and then letting Brewster leave for nothing), but had a good ending. Plus we still had some good players and the outcome was ok in the end. 

The season where Potter took over was ridiculous. Getting pumped at home by Brechin and Forfar, getting smashed 5-1 by Stranraer, losing badly at least once to everyone else.

This season is worse than both for me.

14 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

This season has been atrocious and no doubt one of the worst in my lifetime. It’s still not close to as bad as the 7th in League One campaign IMO.

I kinda get what you’re saying, but at least with that League 1 team we could at least understand some of the issues were caused by coming back from admin.  There was definitely more of a “thankful still got our club” feel about it, which didn’t excuse the underperformance but it didn’t feel as empty and woeful as this season has.

Ive been watching the Pars since 1987, and this is by far the worst season for apathy, awful football, and the biggest Underperformance v expectations that I’ve seen from Dunfermline.  The managerial appointments, the board communications, the seemingly incredible ability to pull negatives out of positives all the time is just absolutely galling.  

And it was all so avoidable and foreseeable too.  

The 7th in league 1 season was the worst I've seen by far. Jeffries should've gone after the Cowden game and Potter was a complete disaster that made things even worse. Friendly coach with the youths that couldn't manage men. Totally out his depth.

Watchted Pars since the age of 8 in 1985 and never seen such incompetence. The post admin ''fans were understanding'' rhetoric is nonsense. We had many players that season that other teams couldn't afford. Buchanan, Falkingham, Geggan, El-Bak and Moffat from Ayr etc and still made an arse of ourselves. 

Please don't re-write history that this season is the worst ever. That season 14-15 was the worst by far.

Edited by Chubbychops

The 7th in league 1 season was the worst I've seen by far. Jeffries should've gone after the Cowden game and Potter was a complete disaster that made things even worse. Friendly coach with the youths that couldn't manage men. Totally out his depth.
Watchted Pars since the age of 8 in 1985 and never seen such incompetence. The post admin ''fans were understanding'' rhetoric is nonsense. We had many players that season that other teams couldn't afford. Buchanan, Falkingham, Geggan, El-Bak and Moffat from Ayr etc and still made an arse of ourselves. 
Please don't re-write history that this season is the worst ever. That season 14-15 was the worst by far.
That season was bad on the pitch yes. But in terms of decisions and lists of f**k ups made throughout, this one wins hands down.

The money thrown at this season is disheartening as it will weaken us for seasons to come, plus if we want to remove Hughes that’s another huge outlay. I’d really like to see Scott Brown in a Pars shirt next season. If he’s been sitting in the stand at games there’s (surely to f**k!) no way directors won’t have been sounding him out. Really need someone to take charge on the pitch. 

8 hours ago, parsboi said:

I kinda get what you’re saying, but at least with that League 1 team we could at least understand some of the issues were caused by coming back from admin.  There was definitely more of a “thankful still got our club” feel about it, which didn’t excuse the underperformance but it didn’t feel as empty and woeful as this season has.

Ive been watching the Pars since 1987, and this is by far the worst season for apathy, awful football, and the biggest Underperformance v expectations that I’ve seen from Dunfermline.  The managerial appointments, the board communications, the seemingly incredible ability to pull negatives out of positives all the time is just absolutely galling.  

And it was all so avoidable and foreseeable too.  

I just can’t agree that this season has been worse for “awful football”. We were expected to win the League 1 title and then finished 7th, getting horsed by part-time shite in the process. It was the dirt worst.

At the end of the day here, we’re debating which shade of shite we prefer tbh. Both seasons are among the worst in our modern history.

5 hours ago, pawpar said:

Worst season ever was when Stephen Kenny was manager. 26 games in a row lost not even drawn. But then we know why certain posters think the sun shines out of Kenny's arse.

Did this happen in your head or something? Maybe on FM? We certainly never lost 26 consecutive games under Stephen Kenny.

Kenny was shite at the Pars I agree but he was getting beat off Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts in the SPL. We did reach the Scottish Cup final though, so it would be odd to include that in a “Worst Season Ever” debate.

The first few months of the 07/08 were very grim indeed and Kenny was deservedly sacked. McIntyre took over and steadied things and can’t say that was the worst season ever either.

With regards to the league one season, were we still not in playoff contention until reasonably late in the season? Once that hope went we utterly collapsed to seventh place but we spent most of the season in and around the playoffs.