Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hope the club vote against VAR, but have a bad feeling they'll vote for it. Not that it will affect us mind.

Nice of the club to consult the fans about this too (in line with every other club who haven't bothered their arse to ask fans what they think). 

Write to them to make your views known. 

I did so yesterday.

38 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Less pointless than just whinging about it on P&B in fairness.

Aye, everyone should stop posting their opinions and thoughts on here then. Or perhaps this is a place where fans can discuss things? Or is that just whinging? It is possible to discuss things without having to try and one up someone and insult others.

What will happen if I email the clun about this? They'll say "Thanks, we'll pass this on to the board". Given that the vote is happening in two weeks, there clearly is no time for any sort of fan engagement/consultation from the club over this, even if they wanted to do so. As such, it would indeed be pointless to send my thoughts to the club at this time, even if the board read them.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

even if the board read them

If you send your thoughts to Drew, then I'm sure he will read it.

But I'd agree it would have been good for the SPFL to full release the financials & details to the fans.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, everyone should stop posting their opinions and thoughts on here then. Or perhaps this is a place where fans can discuss things? Or is that just whinging? It is possible to discuss things without having to try and one up someone and insult others.

What will happen if I email the clun about this? They'll say "Thanks, we'll pass this on to the board". Given that the vote is happening in two weeks, there clearly is no time for any sort of fan engagement/consultation from the club over this, even if they wanted to do so. As such, it would indeed be pointless to send my thoughts to the club at this time, even if the board read them.

If you don't email Drew you will never know the clubs' reasoning behind how they will vote.

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You just love a moan sir

Donaldson has been exceptional. If we stay up, we need to do whatever we can to keep him. No chance he stays if we go down though. He’s a real leader on the park as well and leadership on the park is something we’ve lacked all season.

That was one of Edwards’ best games in a Pars jersey. He had a terrific game.

That’s been one of the few occasions where the players had a job, knew what it was, and did it really well. The team and individual performances were all spot on tonight, apart from the wasted chances.

I'm hoping (if we stay up) that Dom will be happy with the money we offer him and feel that a bit of consistency is a good idea for him.

Edwards plays a lot better when Dom is there as well. 

Agreed with everything regards Donaldson. Fast, composed and gets stuck in. Can't ask anymore than that. (See: Efe Ambrose)

Aye, Edwards and Dom look to have built a brilliant partnership. In the last few games they’ve shown they have a great understanding of each other.

Also, Dom on the club’s Instagram; “always good to get a wee victory over them.” I really, really, really fucking love him.

We staying up then? After being certain since about October that we were doomed we could win our last two home games and finish 8th, if Ayr keep up their form and Queens do us a favour. We don’t have to be brilliant to stay up and we’ve done well to win the games when we looked favourites (eg Partick were in freefall, Raith and their cup hangover). 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We staying up then? After being certain since about October that we were doomed we could win our last two home games and finish 8th, if Ayr keep up their form and Queens do us a favour. We don’t have to be brilliant to stay up and we’ve done well to win the games when we looked favourites (eg Partick were in freefall, Raith and their cup hangover). 

Tbh if we keep up this home form I'd be more confident with the play offs than I would have been 4 weeks ago.

8th would be some laugh, just as well we appointed Grant otherwise we would have won the league ;)