Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Peter Grant analysis on radio yesterday 

‘Arbroath don’t draw many games it’s either win or lose’ 

In reality 

Played 34 - drawn 14

We have drew the most games in the league. Nobody else has drawn more games than we have 

That man is genuinely a proper idiot

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Peter Grant analysis on radio yesterday 

‘Arbroath don’t draw many games it’s either win or lose’ 

In reality 

Played 34 - drawn 14

We have drew the most games in the league. Nobody else has drawn more games than we have 

That man is genuinely a proper idiot

Now he's not our manager he's just another generic "old firm mouth piece" who wouldn't be near punditry nor management had he not played for Celtic

Edited by 101

He is genuinely the worst geezer in the game, isn’t he? A complete charlatan that hung on to McStay’s coattails as a player and only ever got a job in coaching/management for being “one of the boys” Genuinely despise the man. The BOD ain’t any better either for choosing him and leaving it so long to punt him.

We all saw that it was completely fucked after the 3-0 humping against Arbroath in the, what? 5th game of the season? Paul Watson fucking off to Portugal in the midst of that as well, which the BOD knew about, surely showed a lack of respect for the man? Not that Watson was in the right, he most definitely wasn’t, but it was surely indicative to the board just how little some of the players cared for him?

Is anyone else not a bit confused at the fact fans are organising a massive tribute to McArthur in the last game of the season? I get the man helped save the club, and he was rightfully praised for that, but there were plenty others at the time. It was also shy of 10 years ago. We’ve moved on since then as a club. When he took over from Garmory, we have been utter shite near enough every season, and this season might still result in our relegation to League 1. He has overseen so many bad decisions being made, all of which are well documented. Not going to boo it or anything daft like that obviously, just don’t understand how some fans think he is a Pars “legend” (he isn’t) and gets a special tiffo thing. Would have made more sense just to have something aimed at the management and players to gee them up as we’ll probably have to win. Meh.

He deserves a huge amount of respect for a lot of what he's done for the club.  In his final year he got things badly badly wrong.  I'm happy we will be under new leadership next season, I see good early signs from cook, the german consortium do need to step up tho, they came in 2 years ago and have yet to deliver on their initial promises. 

Edited by parsforlife

Think McArthur has done really well considering he's had to perform at least three different roles at the same time. He's worked tirelessly to help the club and that doesn't go away because we hired a shite manager.

Think the display is just a nice thing to do, especially after he was targeted by absolute scumbags. Hopefully he feels comfortable enough to retake his seat in the NW and is given a warm welcome if/when he choses to do so.

This doesn't reflect my view but I think he'll be remembered for a lot of the bad things unfortunately. Some sections of our support have a face and a name to take aim at but don't see the things he's done behind the scenes for a number of years. Don't get me wrong, some of the calls have been bizarre like AJ's two year deal, being trigger happy on the statement's gun, appointing PG and allowing him to be in charge for as long as he was but there's been some good moments too. I hope after time he's back in the stands as a fan like he was before. I've met him a couple of times when volunteering at EEP in the summer to paint changing rooms, tunnel area etc and he was there getting stuck in with everyone else, a good bloke.

The next two weekends (hopefully only two) are purely about staying in the division. It would be nice to hear from the new CEO and Germans soon after to hear their review on the season, what they want from next season and what they'll be doing to get the fans back on board. I feel in the last 5 or so years the club to fan interaction has dropped. I may be wrong, maybe it's just from my point of view. I know COVID has had a major impact over the last two years and performances on the pitch haven't helped attendances etc. The year we won league 1 the buzz about the place on match day and even the days building up was great. I popped into Charlie D's a couple of times pre match this season and it was quite a quiet place compared to the way it used to be, still busy but not much craic.

14 hours ago, DAFC. said:

He is genuinely the worst geezer in the game, isn’t he? A complete charlatan that hung on to McStay’s coattails as a player and only ever got a job in coaching/management for being “one of the boys” Genuinely despise the man. The BOD ain’t any better either for choosing him and leaving it so long to punt him.

We all saw that it was completely fucked after the 3-0 humping against Arbroath in the, what? 5th game of the season? Paul Watson fucking off to Portugal in the midst of that as well, which the BOD knew about, surely showed a lack of respect for the man? Not that Watson was in the right, he most definitely wasn’t, but it was surely indicative to the board just how little some of the players cared for him?

Is anyone else not a bit confused at the fact fans are organising a massive tribute to McArthur in the last game of the season? I get the man helped save the club, and he was rightfully praised for that, but there were plenty others at the time. It was also shy of 10 years ago. We’ve moved on since then as a club. When he took over from Garmory, we have been utter shite near enough every season, and this season might still result in our relegation to League 1. He has overseen so many bad decisions being made, all of which are well documented. Not going to boo it or anything daft like that obviously, just don’t understand how some fans think he is a Pars “legend” (he isn’t) and gets a special tiffo thing. Would have made more sense just to have something aimed at the management and players to gee them up as we’ll probably have to win. Meh.

I think off the pitch the change has been remarkable.

The club was rightly in a poor place within the community after Masterton et al drove a truck through the goodwill for the club. Ross, even before he was chairman was a key person in mending that relationship now and enhancing the corporate side of things. I don't think it's any suprise that as chairman he's turned a profit in all but one year of his tenure, doing so in league 1 is remarkable.

The community aspect winning SPFL community project of the year in 2019 was big for the club, especially when you consider the budgets the clubs is going up against. He has always given his time to the various groups around the club helping them were he can and if not explaining why if not. 

I understand why he is stepping down but I think the club will be a poorer place for it. 

All that said I'm sure he wouldn't see himself as a "legend" and as a word it's often thrown around too often but I think even if the club had survived without him we would have been in a worse place without his commitment, mistakes and all.

40 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Good news. I wonder what they were up against.

I think it's just a bidding process rather than a competitive tender for the cash. So the projects that represent the best value or greatest impact get cash and others don't, that's how I imagine it will have worked.

Not sure how you can play for Celtic for over a decade and only win 2 caps for Scotland tbh.

As many Scotland caps as league winner medals. The Scottish top flight wasn’t always the two horse race that it is now. Worth remembering that Aberdeen and Dundee United were big at that time and Hearts were regularly challenging. Much of Grant’s time at Celtic was the start of Rangers’ 9 in a row run. Celtic really weren’t up to that much - won 2 league titles and only finished runners up in 4 of the 13 seasons Grant was part of their first team. Which means over half of his time there was spent at a team finishing 3rd or below.

Incredibly shite that VAR has been voted in for the Premiership and that our club voted for it.
Not that we'll need to worry about having to pay for it any time soon mind.

Out of curiosity how did you find out Dunfermline voted for it? Would quite like to know what stance we took on it.

Not fussed about VAR tbh. After a couple of years it will become normal and only a few #AgainstModernFootball bores on Twitter will care.

High ticket prices are a far bigger problem in Scottish football and nobody seems to bat an eyelid about that.

Edited by Cardle is Magic