Walking Down The Halbeath Road

46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I'd take just about anybody if they knew how to make subs and play attacking football.

Scott Brown's knowledge doesn't stretch to being able to tie his own laces.

Surely to f**k this is precisely the time to pick one of the default free scottish managers and then just spend your way out of the league. Throwing increasingly erratic hail-marys is how Falkirk got to where they are. Needless to say they've finally seen sense and picked a boring option who (when he's not signing rapists) could navigate League One with his eyes shut.

22 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Would take KT but why are we getting Cardle and Falkingham on the coaching staff? Surely we just get KT's assistant and coach and do it that way instead of filling the dugout with ex players just so that fans feel warm and fuzzy inside. Managers being appointed without their own staff tends not to work. Aye big Ange managed it but he also managed it with about £40mil to spend on players. The next manager we appoint should be coming in with his own team, I love Shields and think Whittaker comes across very well but lets move on.

Cardle interests me as he has been working on his coaching for some time and seems like someone folk warm to. 

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Cardle interests me as he has been working on his coaching for some time and seems like someone folk warm to. 

If we're going to take a chance on someone at the very start of their managerial career I'd much rather it was Joe or Josh than Brown to be fair.

Relegation is here and there’s no reason why we can’t get back up at the first attempt one way or another but it will depend on the board. They can back Yogi if financially it’s too big a step to remove him but The Germans would need to get a bit more hands-on and creative on the coaching and recruitment side. I’ve a feeling he’ll be removed though and we can get on with modernising the place. 

There are several reasons why you might struggle to get back up at first attempt, namely a financed Kelty, McGlynn inspired Falkirk, expertly managed Montrose and an equally desperate QoS. Much for your board to consider and no easy decisions. For a neutral it looks a great, competitive league. For those in it with aspirations, it might be a league of death.

To be fair I didn't either. We'd been to proper Hampden finals three times in the preceding years, played in Europe, just been relegated & were having an abysmal season and had one of the most gutless shitey w**k-filled squads in our history. f**k that for a game of soldiers.

7 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

What kind of a fan doesn't go when their team are in a cup final? 😂😂😂

We've been jn the Fife Cup final countless times aswell, we don't sell our allocation for that either. 

13 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

What kind of a fan doesn't go when their team are in a cup final? 😂😂😂

Are you saying that the crowd you took to the Challenge Cup final represents the vast majority of your overall support? 

Are you saying if you got to the Scottish Cup final you'd take a similar amount? I sincerely hope not.

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Are you saying that the crowd you took to the Challenge Cup final represents the vast majority of your overall support? 

Are you saying if you got to the Scottish Cup final you'd take a similar amount? I sincerely hope not.

No. Sadly too many people only like the big cups. 

50 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

There are several reasons why you might struggle to get back up at first attempt, namely a financed Kelty, McGlynn inspired Falkirk, expertly managed Montrose and an equally desperate QoS. Much for your board to consider and no easy decisions. For a neutral it looks a great, competitive league. For those in it with aspirations, it might be a league of death.

That’s why I’m not too fussed (honest!) about going down as we can hope to be in the mix with some good recruitment. Hopefully McGlynn’s best years are behind him. KT at Kelty impresses me as he speaks much more honestly that normal Scottish football faces. His dirt on John Collins was gobsmacking.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Have the board shat it and announced he is staying yet?

What you mean "shat it"? They absolutely love Yogi, and adored Peter Grant as well. They don't see any issues at all. He is 100% being kept on. There would have been a statement already if not.