Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We're only a few days away from a season back in League One. Against a team we've already failed to beat.

I'm feeling rather nonchalant about thr state of things.

I'd be shocked if we won the title and actually think we'll end up closer in points to 5th than 1st.

The idea of watching Joe Chalmers start on Saturday makes me not want to go. I still will ofc but f**k me he is infuriating.

46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I'd be shocked if we won the title and actually think we'll end up closer in points to 5th than 1st.

The idea of watching Joe Chalmers start on Saturday makes me not want to go. I still will ofc but f**k me he is infuriating.

The first game of any season normally feels exciting. Not this time and I'm not sure if it's because I'm physically detached from the area, age, or just trying to keep expectations low.

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I've optimistically gave us a 4th place prediction. We have totally shot ourselves in the foot by dishing out contracts to players that are simply not good enough. 

The cash chucked around last season seems to have absolutely knackered us for this season too. Hughes was given far, far too much cash to spend on utter shite (that ultimately didn't help anyway). Grant before him had chucked out big contracts to dross and poorly performing players, some of whom we're stuck with still.

Last season was just so disastrous and harmful. Ludicrous acts of self harm from a gang of fucking morons on the board.

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The cash chucked around last season seems to have absolutely knackered us for this season too. Hughes was given far, far too much cash to spend on utter shite (that ultimately didn't help anyway). Grant before him had chucked out big contracts to dross and poorly performing players, some of whom we're stuck with still.

Last season was just so disastrous and harmful. Ludicrous acts of self harm from a gang of fucking morons on the board.

Unfortunately the effects of last season will linger on for some time to come.

On 24/07/2022 at 11:56, Grant228 said:

It can though? It's McPakes job to build the squad, the fact that we're a week out from the league starting and we don't have a single wide midfielder, or any sort of attacking depth is 100% on McPake? 

Yesterday was desperately poor and just as bad as anything under Hughes and Grant, we were absolutely insipid in that second half. 

It can't be 100% on him if he's got no money to bring that depth in though?

This is potentially a 2 year job to get us back out. The bosman market seems to be utterly dried up and we are bottom feeders for full time players. 

McPake has inherited horrifically long contracts for players I'd like to think he would have moved on. 

The loan market should open up between now and the end of August so I'm sure we'll see 2 or 3 more coming in over the next few weeks. 

McPake has set expectations as to simply get back winning, no talk of winning the league or whatever and that's smart  after last season.

Club update from Cook on the website. 400 up on season ticket sales, 2.5k sold in total (massive uptake on under 18 tickets and slight reduction in adult ones). First team now training every at Rosyth however it does sound quite worrying reading the last part on the training base.

Screenshot_20220726-205634.png

Edited by VinnyPar

This is potentially a 2 year job to get us back out. The bosman market seems to be utterly dried up and we are bottom feeders for full time players. 
McPake has inherited horrifically long contracts for players I'd like to think he would have moved on. 
The loan market should open up between now and the end of August so I'm sure we'll see 2 or 3 more coming in over the next few weeks. 
McPake has set expectations as to simply get back winning, no talk of winning the league or whatever and that's smart  after last season.
Chris mochrie from dundee united memtioned

18 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:
9 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What type of midfielder is he?

30 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:
9 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Mentioned by who?

Heard good things about Mochrie. Take that with a handful of salt given what happened with Ross Graham, but that was more down to the fact Peter Grant was a complete clown tbf.

Heard there is two signings being made this week, with potentially two more coming in. We had James Maxwell in for talks, but we aren't going to compete with teams playing League 2 in England, where that particular player has ended up. 

On 26/07/2022 at 10:09, DA Baracus said:

Welcome to the world of John Hughes Management ©