Walking Down The Halbeath Road

30 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not that we'll know the finer details but anyone know roughly how much selling the naming rights to EEP will actually generate. Not sure how I feel about this but a lot of clubs doing it these days.

I would have thought around £100k, depending on what signage and stuff is getting put up, I guess some of it will replace the SRJ flags and stuff at the front of the stadium. 

Always annoyed me a bit that there isn't more football club stuff on the main stand.

33 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nice. If you’ve seen “Better Call Saul” they could be Gus’ German “shopfitters”.

Looking forward to the club being using to launder millions of pounds, maybe buying and selling Willo Flood tested the water for our cunning plan. 

Dens has been called The Kilmac Stadium for about 6-7 year.

No one pays attention to it and everyone still calls it Dens except on official broadcasts.

Money for nothing basically.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Dens has been called The Kilmac Stadium for about 6-7 year.

No one pays attention to it and everyone still calls it Dens except on official broadcasts.

Money for nothing basically.

Wasn't even aware of this, which hammers the point home quite firmly.

For anyone saying they feel it "doesn't sit right" etc...why not?
It will make absolutely zero difference to supporters.
It's not that I don't agree with it and it's good to have the EEP name still. It doesn't sit right as it is opening the door long term to that also going and it becoming a Tony Macaroni down the line when the deal is up for renewal.

Money for absolutely hee-haw. East End Park will still be in its name. Surprised it's took us so long to get something like that. Should hopefully help when the cost of living crisis takes a massive chunk out the club in 2023. 

3 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I am not precious about it at all. 

It still has East End Park in the title, could have been something really stupid like 'the penny cars stadium' or whatever launderette is sponsoring Hamilton this season. 

The name Penny car stadium, always makes me smile thinking of Penny Racers, wee toy cars in the early 80 that you stuck a penny in the back to weight it down to make it do tricks.

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

It's not that I don't agree with it and it's good to have the EEP name still. It doesn't sit right as it is opening the door long term to that also going and it becoming a Tony Macaroni down the line when the deal is up for renewal.

Even if they did do something like that, you would still call it East End Park and it would still have zero impact on supporters.