Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Any news on Matty Todd & Rhys Breens' injuries from Saturday? Breens' hamstring looked gone so that'll be him done for the season but I'm sure I read that Mattys' was just an "impact injury"?

Edited by da_no_1

57 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Any news on Matty Todd & Rhys Breens' injuries from Saturday? Breens' hamstring looked gone so that'll be him done for the season but I'm sure I read that Mattys' was just an "impact injury"?

Probably won't hear anything until the managers interview on Thursday.

He said Post match the Toddy should be OK but Breen would have to be assessed. 

McPake and Mackay signed new deals to 2026, been announced now. Brilliant sign of commitment from them and the club. Here’s hoping it works out. So far, they seem a good fit for the club. But there will obviously be tough times/challenges ahead. Here’s hoping they have what it takes to guide us through these.

Truthfully the length of the contract does give me a bit of the fear! 

Edit-Posted elsewhere, but can someone explain these supporter representatives meetings? Why is there any need for a supporters representatives meetings when we have supporters councils meetings? What topics or points are getting brought up at one that can't get brought up at another? 

Edited by Grant228

Agree that three years is a long time to offer a management team. I hope it works out well, obviously, but I do worry that this time next year we’ll be spewing that there’s still 2 years to go and we’ll be in the all too familiar position of can’t afford to keep him/can’t afford to sack him! 

Wonder if the Motherwell link spooked them? Either way, going by his comments the other day about feeling there is something special happening and the young players coming through, it's a good selling point when we look to bring in players in the future. We can say, "look we want to build things, we're not going to chop and change managers any more, you're going to have time to develop".

Why is McPake still spending half of his interview after getting a new contract at Dunfermline still discussing Dundee?

Coming across as a bit of a weird, petty man at times these days. What a deal for him though. Some show of faith.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Truthfully the length of the contract does give me a bit of the fear! 

Edit-Posted elsewhere, but can someone explain these supporter representatives meetings? Why is there any need for a supporters representatives meetings when we have supporters councils meetings? What topics or points are getting brought up at one that can't get brought up at another? 

I think 3 years is fine and will hopefully mean younger talent that enjoys working with this management team is happy to stick around.

In terms of the meetings the content is largely the same albeit the frequency is more regular in the smaller meetings, the smaller meetings allow for a bit more back and forth and it was something Thomas wanted to implement after having something similar in Germany.

3 years is a lot. Hopefully it works out. The proper test will be next year in an extremely competitive Championship. There’ll be about 8 teams thinking they can either win the league or at least have a crack at promotion via the play-offs. I am not looking forward to it tbh. Even if we are relatively good next season, it’s like a fucking battle every Saturday. 

Also, I am aware nothing is mathematically done yet, but c’mon. 

9 hours ago, DAFC. said:Even if we are relatively good next season, it’s like a fucking battle every Saturday. 

Also, I am aware nothing is mathematically done yet, but c’mon. 

Surely that’s what we want I am hoping Queens Park go up and we could have Raith, Dundee, United, Falkirk & Arbroath (my favourite away ground) . Definitely a lot more fun than our first season in th premier league will be!

Worth pointing out that a 3 year deal doesn’t mean that, if we sack him, we’re due to pay off the remainder of the contract. More often than not, there will be agreed compensation/notice periods within these contracts.

Even most 2/3 year contracts in the real world have break clauses/notice periods.

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Worth pointing out that a 3 year deal doesn’t mean that, if we sack him, we’re due to pay off the remainder of the contract. More often than not, there will be agreed compensation/notice periods within these contracts.

Even most 2/3 year contracts in the real world have break clauses/notice periods.

This. There's a bizarre blind assumption among football fans that multi year contracts means there's absolutely no way it ends without being paid in full. There will be a break clause. It might be one month's notice, three months, six months, or even a year but there's almost certainly a break clause in there. No responsible football club would hand out a 3 year deal to someone without a break clause surely?

That doesn't play well with the section of the support who surmise that the club is completely toxic, from top to bottom, following 3 poor results.

The new deal likely protects the club more than it does McPake and McKay, although I would imagine that their terms have been improved also.  Not sure it was necessary mind you.  I think the worry that there would be a massive clamour from other clubs for McPake's services - on the back of this season - is a bit overstated. 

Also, I might have waited until we were actually promoted before proceeding.  If we kick off next season by losing a league game at home to Stirling Albion, there will be folk going off their absolute nut about this tactically naive, joke of a management team being here till 2026.