Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Looking for a wee bit of advice from the Pars Massive ...............Wife's relations coming over from USA on 8th July for 4 days, their wee boy, 10, is daft on soccerball and I've got hospitality tix for 4 of us for the Hearts friendly. One of our Yankee brethren has mobility issues (walks with a stick, fecked hip)....it's been a few years since I've been to The Jim Leishman Stadium so any parking advice / tips would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

dao@dafc.co.uk

Graham is a great guy and will sort something out

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Anyone going to Cove tonight?

I'm up in Aberdeen but sadly can't make it.

Hope to see a few more trialists kicking about even if just to stop the need for folk getting 90 minutes.

Also think Young, Tod and Sutherland would be good to properly test against Cove see how they shape up.

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Would be nice to see a bundle of trialists named tonight. 

Generally speaking, this is always a bugbear. My brother was a trialist at Alloa and at Falkirk, and they're reading the team names out over the tannoy. "McBawsack, Gubbins, Trialist..." Why not say their name?

He was playing for Falkirk reserves against Clydebank and got stretchered off. The crowd were clapping him but nobody knew his name. 

9 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I'm sure @Skyline Drifter will know the ins and outs but is it not simply just SFA rules that say you can't list a player unless you have registered them.

Like us yesterday we have signed Dabrowski but since he’s still technically under contract with hibs until the 30th we had to put him down as a trialist 

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

I'm sure @Skyline Drifter will know the ins and outs but is it not simply just SFA rules that say you can't list a player unless you have registered them.

It's not against any rules to name trialists. You can if you want. Most clubs don't just because back in the 'olden times' ie before social media, naming them used to alert other teams to someone's availability. These days with agents circulating names all over the place and fans with cameras identifying players in a few minutes, it's probably redundant mostly but most clubs still don't name them.

Officially teamlines should be completed with "Trialist" but with their name, address, date of birth and last club on the back of the sheet for the referee (no need to supply that detail to the opposition though). It's not against any rule to actually name them though.

Can't remember the last trialist we had that we ended up signing. Can remember we played Alloa in 2016 and had Josh Todd and Mark Beck as trialists

Beck scored and we should have signed Todd.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Pybus played against civil strollers as a trialist before signing.

He did indeed.  The warning signs for that season were evident in that game so early on.  

He seemed a nice guy, but a burning indictment of our season was his player of the season award. 😱