Walking Down The Halbeath Road

remember playing against Matty in a school game a good 5/6 years ago now. I was left back and he was playing on the right.... feel like i did half decent in fairness, but you could just tell he was a proper player. Such a key player for us now and the #10 is just perfect.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I still can't believe KRH is gonna be out for three months. The only saving grace is McKay says it's not something that will cause future problems. Good thing is he is a fit laddie so I have no doubts he'll get up to fitness pretty quickly once he can train again.

On other news, how much does Matty Todd suit the #10 jersey. Mad to think, a couple of years ago he was a youth team player getting a chance under Stevie Crawford, then featured as a right back quite a bit under Yogi, keeping actual right back Aaron Comrie out the team. Never could I have imagined that he would go on to have such a big season last season and has now been given the nod as essentially our main man. Love the kid! 

Mad to think just under 2 years ago this thread was full of folk (probably vast majority) who didn’t think he should be kept on, and some saying Matty Todd would never be a player.  Same for Lewis McCann.  Credit to them both, but I do wonder sometimes if their lack of loan experience elsewhere has hindered or helped their eventual development.  Always felt especially in Lewis’s case that he desperately needed game time away from us to build up his confidence and experience.

Now if Paul Allan can get a run injury free, we might finally see what he can get up to.

I 100% said on here last summer that we would win nothing with a midfield of Matty Todd and Joe Chalmers. Not that I thought he had no place in the squad or future with us, just that in that particular season I didn't think he would go and boss it like he did. Same with Chalmers, we all know he didn't do great the last time in the Championship but no one did to be fair. I had no idea he'd go on to do so well, playing every game (I think) and topping the assist charts.

Edited by The Toun Clock

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Derry seem to like working in the out of contract championship player market.  Is there an agents link?

McMullan is apparently friends with Mark Connolly who’s there, and also would have been team mates with Michael Duffy at Celtic I think. Mullen and McMullan obviously team mates at Dundee but unsure if that will have any impact on the signing.

The people that thought Matty Todd would go on to be our best player following the Grant/Yogi Shambles....don't exist. 

He will go on to boss the championship so.....could be the last season we get to enjoy the lad. Drink it in while ye can! 

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

The people that thought Matty Todd would go on to be our best player following the Grant/Yogi Shambles....don't exist. 

He will go on to boss the championship so.....could be the last season we get to enjoy the lad. Drink it in while ye can! 

These points are both true. If he has a season like he did this year, he could very well be the player to break the current club transfer record.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Not sure if there's some issue with the new website but an article was posted yesterday but didn't seem to pull up to the top of the feed.

Dave McKay mainly talking about attack minded new signings, not done yet but hopefully something soon etc. Also asked about Paul McGowan and i'd say it's the first time it sounds like it might not happen.

“He is just coming in for a base for him to come and train and play. He is keeping up to fitness whether he signs here or elsewhere, I don’t know what will happen there. It is just convenient for both of us at the minute. He is getting minutes, he is training as hard as ever and obviously we are getting the use of an extra player there. He is a good quality player who drives the standards.”

Focus on forward areas | Dunfermline Athletic Football Club - (dafc.co.uk)

18 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Lots of players have trained with us to keep fitness up but giving them plenty game time in every game is a little odd if they aren't a nailed on target. 

Makes complete sense to me, it's clear McPake is seeing how fit McGowan can get before making a call on giving him a deal. Win-win really, he will be match fit if he signs and if not he's helped with the numbers in pre season given how light we are.