Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, smpar said:

Fisher isn’t getting enough credit for Saturday IMO. He played with a lot of maturity and composure, he reads the game so well for a young guy. 

Agree on this. He impressed me in every pre-season game I saw too. I think he’s going to be fantastic for us. He reads the game very well defensively and is comfortable on the ball. He certainly doesn’t look like a 22 year old with less than 50 senior appearances. 

I can't believe Dundee let him go, he could be a top player in a few years given game time. 

Maybe championship football is a logical step right now for him and we're both in the right place at thr right time. 

He always looks like he loves being here, even in the team holiday photos he was there. 

42 minutes ago, smpar said:

I’d be a bit gutted if that was the case tbh. Can’t say it’s not fair that if the demand is there then why not shift the lot for STs but selfishly, I’d rather some were saved for walk ups as it doesn’t make sense for me to get a ST but I want to get in the NW when I go to home games. 

There would be the very end section that would potentially be opened for walk up fans which hasn't been available to ST so there is a possibility. Can't see the NE being opened until either the Norrie or Main stand also become like 90% full

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I can't believe Dundee let him go, he could be a top player in a few years given game time. 

Maybe championship football is a logical step right now for him and we're both in the right place at thr right time. 

He always looks like he loves being here, even in the team holiday photos he was there. 

Same here, you've got a class defender there, was obvious any time I watched him. Probably make a lot on him in a couple of years.

Thank you.

I wasn't very sold on us paying money for Fisher, but when you see how few centre backs are kicking around it's looking like shrewd buisness. 

In fairness to Dundee he was never going to be first choice, whereas they know he'll get gametime here, and if he does well they'll also be quids in. Smart buisness by them.

Iirc a Dundee poster said it was a move that worked for everyone, and that's bang on. 

12 hours ago, 101 said:

Callum Morris officially hanging up the boots. Great captain for us, in behind Geggan and Falkingham in modern times for me.

🥰

Screenshot_20230717-211427.jpg

Absolutely sh*te at directions though 😉

Always liked big Cal. Especially in that season from the above photo. That team was really good, just a shame we had an absolute halfwit in AJ steering. People thought Ashcroft made Morris look good but it was evident when Morris left and Ashcroft was at the back that it was the other way about. Love that kit, one of the best modern ones, no surprise it turned out like that with big Mikey M involved.

Wish him well!

Kane injured, presume O’Hallaron injured and now Matty Todd. What a batch of sh*te luck that is. Not there but sounds like Matty’s looked a dull one. 

Bench absolutely threadbare. Good job we’ve still a fortnight until the real stuff kicks off! 🙈