Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Surprised nobody’s mentioned that David Wotherspoon was at the game last night, sat in the main stand. A player we were obviously linked with a few weeks back.

Bring him in. 

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Surprised nobody’s mentioned that David Wotherspoon was at the game last night, sat in the main stand. A player we were obviously linked with a few weeks back.

Didn’t want to jinx it, but it was a relief to see after all the injury worries. Would take him in a heartbeat, regardless of our injury woes.

20 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think he'll sign, can imagine he's only just came back from repping Canada at the Gold Cup. He's probably having a little break. Although I'd quite like to see him signed even if the club are giving him a few more days, then get him in training before the league kicks off.

40 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Have you kidnapped him? Or did you secure his signature last night?

😎🤩 Andy Tod sponsorship 🤩😎

P&B Pars have for a few years now sponsored a player, initially it was a jobber pot sponsoring some players that had been round the block a few times. 

McPake sadly blew this plan out the water by only signing good players (Boooo!)

So last year we took on Mr Tod jnr. 

The whole sponsorship is £125 and contributions are welcome from anyone. Once you have chipped in you have the opportunity to get the signed shirts, attend the sponsors event, get a tour of the stadium and attend a closed doors training session. 

These opportunities will be a draw if more people are interested than we have spaces.

Previous winners have been: @CallumPar @Stellaboz @DA Baracus @Shandon Par

And probably a few others I have forgotten I'll let them verify that I have sent the money to the club rather than drinking it in the East Port.

Anyway anyone is welcome stick a message here or drop me a DM!

And now a picture of the big man himself 🥰

Screenshot_20230719-111507.jpg

11 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Anyone know the craic with the website? Noticed since we moved to the new website there's no team lists. Also, the most recent news/articles aren't always at the top of the feed, sometimes held away elsewhere.

If you go to https://dafc.co.uk/squad/ there is a list but it's clearly a work in progress. The news article thing is I think because they split them across "the dugout" and "DAFC news" which I have never understood.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Anyone know the craic with the website? Noticed since we moved to the new website there's no team lists. Also, the most recent news/articles aren't always at the top of the feed, sometimes held away elsewhere.

It’s clearly a work in progress. But it was launched quite a while ago now and there’s been no progress on it. There’s lots of basic things that seem to be poor/missing. At least they’ve fixed the issue of the fixture list being upside down, but I the new website is not user friendly and there’s a real lack of information.

A professional football club’s website should have a squad list and a page that tells you who the management/coaching team are.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe the squad list is good to go but, if posted now, would contain a couple of surprises....

That would be good…. But, let’s be honest, if we had any other players signed up they’d have been on the bench last night.

8 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I won't believe he's signing until one of his family members follows us on twitter.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Hehe! Was some doing research with the Into the Valley book and came across that name.

Wonder if we'll ever get a volume 2?

I doubt it. At the time there was lots of "just you wait til part 2!" but I never actually expected it to get written let alone sold. Plenty of stories from that era that some people won't want coming out I'd imagine.

Feel we might get some good and bad news today. Think we'll find out the extent of Matty Todd's injury and I'm a little worried it'll be a bit of a layoff, not season defining but similar to Kane, could be out until the autumn. I do think on the other hand that we might get one or two in today or at least before the weekend. Not claiming to be ITK, just a feeling I've got. The managers pre-match will be out today so I'm sure there will be some comms on Matty's injury at the very least. He'll definitely have had a scan so I'm sure they'll know. No news is good news? 🤷‍♂️