Walking Down The Halbeath Road

So we have been paid £550 in cash and 49 fans attended. This could be any amount from £392 to £735 so we are looking at circa £1100 of the £4200 debt having been paid. A start.

All they have to do is rob X amount of grannies of their pension and you're quits.

Obviously foregoing the car tipping.

Dunfermline given Scottish Cup ban for Hamilton debt

Dunfermline Athletic will be banned from the Scottish Cup next season - unless they pay gate money owed to Hamilton Academical.

A Scottish FA tribunal decided against fining the Fife club, who have since gone into administration.

But they have also been given a "severe censure" for not paying their First Division rivals a share of the receipts from the 2 February fifth-round tie.

Accies won the game 2-0 in front of 2,588 spectators at East End Park.

An SFA statement said Dunfermline had breached disciplinary rule 320.

The tribunal had decided to impose an "exclusion from the Scottish Cup until the debt is paid in full, with no imposition of a fine but a severe censure given".

Dunfermline given Scottish Cup ban for Hamilton debt

Dunfermline Athletic will be banned from the Scottish Cup next season - unless they pay gate money owed to Hamilton Academical.

A Scottish FA tribunal decided against fining the Fife club, who have since gone into administration.

But they have also been given a "severe censure" for not paying their First Division rivals a share of the receipts from the 2 February fifth-round tie.

Accies won the game 2-0 in front of 2,588 spectators at East End Park.

An SFA statement said Dunfermline had breached disciplinary rule 320.

The tribunal had decided to impose an "exclusion from the Scottish Cup until the debt is paid in full, with no imposition of a fine but a severe censure given".

So they should have over three months to stump up the cash.

Seems daft that people think we should be paying other clubs money due to them when all our incoming cash is barely keeping us going. Should we divert that elsewhere and risk a chance of survival just so we seem like good guys?

A far better plan is get to a stage where we are viable and stable and then pay the money back. No point in us giving money to other clubs and going bust ourselves. That's what Masterton has caused, the c**t.

People talk about deterrents to stop clubs from carrying on the way Dunfermline have. If Dunfermline steal money from another club and as a consequence don't get any further money from cup runs until that is repaid then I see no problem with that. Clubs like Cowdenbeath run on a tight budget as it is and would likely have put that money to better use than the Pars have (when they had no right to use it in the first place). If clubs can get themselves into the position where they have to steal money and paying that money back puts them in danger of going bust then I'm afraid that's their own fault.

Will just add, and I've said it before on this thread, have got lots of sympathy for the DAFC fans, decent enough in my experience, never any hassle at EEP and a warm welcome in hospitality and I don't think the board felt under any pressure from the fans to over-spend to the degree they did. Hope very much DAFC survive but the Club must be punished and it's just a pity the fans have to suffer.

Corrrect me if I am wrong but there is no preferred creditor so surmising Hamilton will be added to the list of creditors.

If this is indeed the case and guessing the Aministrator is not in a positon to pay the debt as it would be giving preference to one creditor over others Dunfermline are going to have to rely on a mystery benefactor to pay this debt in order to particpate in the SC.

Corrrect me if I am wrong but there is no preferred creditor so surmising Hamilton will be added to the list of creditors.

If this is indeed the case and guessing the Aministrator is not in a positon to pay the debt as it would be giving preference to one creditor over others Dunfermline are going to have to rely on a mystery benefactor to pay this debt in order to particpate in the SC.

That's what I was alluding to when I said earlier there was no chance of the debt being paid (by the club) whilst the club is in admin