Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That's much more reasonable, generous even. As a rough guide I'd think buying a ST should give a 25-30% saving or so.

Ultimately the club is asking you buy the season upfront, and give them the ££ upfront (granted some do staged payment schemes).

Handing-over cash in advance, and paying-up before you know how the team will fare and when games will be, should give a discount.

I stopped mine at Hibs last season when it only represented a saving if you made 18 from 19.

Around the time I'd normally renew, the club exercised this bizarre SPL right to postpone a league game to play a friendly.

That pushed our home game against St Johnstone onto a Wednesday night in September which I couldn't make.

So from the off I'd need to make all 18 other games to make a saving, before you considered TV changes/midweeks/postponements and of course the possibility 18/20 balance of H/A games leaving you down whatever happened.

That was pretty unlikely so I decided to drop the ticket and simply pay at the gate last season.

Of course, that then sees you go less often. When you've bought your ST in advance your more inclined to go along whatever happens, having already paid. You've that extra incentive to make it along - even if it's inconvenient timing, or clashes with something else, or the team's playing badly.

I accept that the Pars may need every ££ available to stay afloat (and stay full-time?) but £40 saved from £270 isn't that much, tbh.

A season ticket at Queens last season was £240 (though it was £230 if you paid before the end of June). Walk up price for 18 games @ £15 would have been £270. It's been policy over the last 2 or 3 seasons to charge the equivalent of 16 games in the season ticket so your discount if you attend all games is in effect 2/18ths (about 11%). Dunfermline's second division prices on that basis are slightly cheaper than ours were.

Ultimately none of our home games were postponed or re-scheduled for any reason. Prices for next season are yet to be announced.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Pish excuse. We've had games in much colder weather with much higher crowds.

Pipe down.

Because a w****r like you tells me to. Go and f**k yourself.

Edited by parslad

I'd like to think of myself as a more civil Rovers fan when it comes to Dunfermline that would like to see them get out this mess rather than retort to making up stories on the internet.

Out of interest, why would you mention it on here?

Surely the trusted person in question would rather you said nothing?

I heard Masterfud wants to take control again and it will be mentioned tomorrow night at the meeting. Who actually owns what at the moment?

The wonderful web of companies that masterton created doesn't make things fully clear. But the simplistic way is, gm owns the ground, fife council own pitreave, which is leased by DAFC, subleased to pars trust(not the supporters trust) that masterton still has a degree of control over. But apparently Jackson is looking to sell the main lease in order to raise funds. The club main shareholding is held by masterton but he has handed that over to jackson for him to sell.

No surprises if gm wants to regain control post admin, he has a lot to gain if he does. But his actual ability to do so is questionable, he appears to have run out of places to borrow cash from. We need to stay vigilant to prevent it happening.

Grant Munro hasn't been offered a new contract and has left the Club. Announced it on his Twitter. Bit of a weird one; can only imagine JJ has a better, and possibly cheaper, option in mind?!

It wouldn't surprise me if JJ is not allowed to offer contracts, so maybe his hand was forced. If not it maybe jeffries feels, young, potter and Morris is enough and he'd rather spend his limited cash elsewhere. Doubt he has a replacement lined up as things stand. But he could consider him not good enough regardless.

Best of luck to him anyway.

I heard Masterfud wants to take control again and it will be mentioned tomorrow night at the meeting. Who actually owns what at the moment?

Surely he would have to pass the 'fit and proper' test that the powers that be couldn't give a f**k about.

why wouldn`t he,its a football forum and suppose some dunfermline supporters and many other supporters are interested n the goings on at your club

more likely the trusted person told raithie in the hope that it would be passed on.tend to find thats the norm

why wouldn`t he,its a football forum and suppose some dunfermline supporters and many other supporters are interested n the goings on at your club

more likely  the trusted person told raithie in the hope that it would be passed on.tend to find thats the norm

This.

thought it was open meeting for supporters to grill Jackson?

like whats the likelyhood of agreeing a CVA and exiting admin?who are our creditors and how much is owed and so on

it`ll be Bob Geldofesque

give us your fukin money

Because a w****r like you tells me to. Go and f**k yourself.

Calm down. And pipe down.

Indeed. The whole 'it's the norm for directors or trust members to tell someone something confidential so that they'll post it on a football forum' is utter pish. All is supposed to be revealed tonight anyway, so why would they want to stir things up a couple of days before they tell anyone anyway?

thought it was open meeting for supporters to grill Jackson?

like whats the likelyhood of agreeing a CVA and exiting admin?who are our creditors and how much is owed and so on

it`ll be Bob Geldofesque

give us your fukin money

Aye, because it can't be both a chance to ask questions and announce details of the BuyThePars thing. It MUST be one or the other.

Bryan Jackson WILL NOT be there tonight, it is only the ParsUnited guys. However, their is a Q&A session to be done tonight, so hopefully some important answers can be given which helps us get everyone onside and saves our Club. For questions for BJ, he can be 'grilled' on Sunday at the Supporters' Convention which is being held at EEP. He has already said he's happy to come along and answer any queries the fans have.